your most under appreciated fighters

Bibiano Fernandes ---- one of the best to ever do it, but very few know abt him.

Pitbull Freire----- I know some give him love but this guy should legit be undefeated. All his losses were split decision robberies or fluke injury against Bendo. He should be 36-0

Who are guys you think should get more credit than they do

Big Pitbull fan but he lose the first Curran and Straus fights fair and square. The Warren fight should have been a draw.

Chris Lytle, Jake Shield, Gomi, Sakurai, Aoki

and Sakuraba who really should be in people Goat's list's.

i mean if you could take any past fighter as a 5 year old and retrain him knowing he would grow into the heart and fighting spirit and athleticness he possessed as what he displayed.

Sakuraba, Liddell, Lytle, BJ would be at the top of the list.

and no offense to all the GSP hater's. a 5 year old Serra may be 145 Goat. if he didnt grow up eating pasta, pizza, lasagna every day.

Gegard Mousasi.
Dream champ
Strikeforce champ (lhw)
Bellator champ
Fought at mw, lhw and hw
Undefeated in K1
Ama. nat. boxing champ
Also, we all know he destroyes Adesanya.
Top 5/10 goat.
Let's also remind UFC shills - 12-3 zuffa
9-3 UFC ( most success on BACK END of that stint)
Walked through all 7 men on final 8 fight deal.
Only fighter in UFC history to leave on his terms while murdering 5 in a row.

Bisping says " yes" to an earned t.shot and the narrative of Gegard Mousasi changes........ cause he wouldve brutalized Michael Bisping ?????? and as a -280ish favorite ( at the time- much higher as time went by).

Mousasi made a circus of bispings name at UFC 210 post presser. Those are fighting words from a guy that I would think had earned his shot by fighting out contract while winning.

Just putting super necessary points on top your post, veg.( especially for new-er fans who really dont know).

47-7 over every top promotion.
18 years clean since starting at age 17.
Has never lost 2 in a row ( 18 years ???)
Has never lost consciousness in a fight( never ko ed)
39 stoppages
31 first round

This is what we call a " once in a lifetime " fighter.

A perfect poster child for- Goats that " fans" really dont acknowledge -

Last edited:
i mean what fighter would have Serra's power or ground game at 145?

and most important the balls to let it go in the biggest moment of his career, he had a knack for showing up in the biggest moment's. thats something you cant teach

All time I'm gonna throw Mike Pierce in there. Ran Hendricks, Koscheck and Fitch very close, you coild make a solid argument that he beat Hendricks and Koscheck.

i mean what fighter would have Serra's power or ground game at 145?

and most important the balls to let it go in the biggest moment of his career, he had a knack for showing up in the biggest moment's. thats something you cant teach

In his era nobody, I think he would send Faber to 135. Tougher once Aldo shows up.

Ryan Bader improved massively as a fighter to the point of being one of the best LHWs in the world, but he didn't get the credit because he wasn't in the UFC.
I think guys like Nemkov, Blaydes and Gane are the future of the sport, but they don't seem to get much attention.

BJ Penn absolute monster who when in his prime would have been 145, he could have been the first and only 3 weight class champ. I know old school guys know what a freak he was, but alot of younger guys who seen the tail end of his career think of him like a Diego Sanchez journeyman status.

Patrick Cote, Jason Macdonald, tamden mccrory, dustin hazelett, chris leben, matt brown

Chris Lytle, Jake Shield, Gomi, Sakurai, Aoki
and Sakuraba who really should be in people Goat's list's.

i mean if you could take any past fighter as a 5 year old and retrain him knowing he would grow into the heart and fighting spirit and athleticness he possessed as what he displayed.

and no offense to all the GSP hater's. a 5 year old Serra may be 145 Goat. if he didnt grow up eating pasta, pizza, lasagna every day.
Make up your mind brutha, is it Saku or Junior Hyena your fantasy 145 Goat. (I don't know if Saku would be interested in MMA as we know it today though).

I think Volkanovski at the moment. Hasn't been talked about a lot in here despite being one of the absolute best in the sport today.

Make up your mind brutha, is it Saku or Junior Hyena your fantasy 145 Goat. (I don't know if Saku would be interested in MMA as we know it today though).

You can't call Sakurai "Saku".

Wtf?

BJ Penn absolute monster who when in his prime would have been 145, he could have been the first and only 3 weight class champ. I know old school guys know what a freak he was, but alot of younger guys who seen the tail end of his career think of him like a Diego Sanchez journeyman status.
You meant 2nd, right? After 4 weight class champ (Fly, Bamtanm Feather and Lightweight) Jens Pulver...
You can't call Sakurai "Saku".

Wtf?
I'm not doing so. @PokerMage is talking about taking past fighters as a 5 year old. I'm remarking the crazy fact that the one and only Kazushi Sakuraba competed the heaviest of his highly succesful amateur wrestling career at 68 kg (150 lb). With NO American style weight cutting involved.

I see how highligting Match in the same post I suggest Saku as a Featherweight Champ created confusion. Sorry about that.

You meant 2nd, right? After 4 weight class champ (Fly, Bamtanm Feather and Lightweight) Jens Pulver...

I'm not doing so. @PokerMage is talking about taking past fighters as a 5 year old. I'm remarking the crazy fact that the one and only Kazushi Sakuraba competed the heaviest of his highly succesful amateur wrestling career at 68 kg (150 lb). With NO American style weight cutting involved.

I see how highligting Match in the same post I suggest Saku as a Featherweight Champ created confusion. Sorry about that.

Gonna just give you a hard warning then.

Ryan Bader improved massively as a fighter to the point of being one of the best LHWs in the world, but he didn't get the credit because he wasn't in the UFC.
I think guys like Nemkov, Blaydes and Gane are the future of the sport, but they don't seem to get much attention.
What did he do? Beat Fedor and someone he already beat in the UFC?

Back