Your most shocking UFC moment

Yeah, Gerard Cordeau is a crazy man!

If I'm not mistaken, the fight didn't end there. Didn't it go on for a little bit longer?

Oh and isn't Cordeau the guy who gouged someone's eye out in Vale Tudo Japan a year or so later?

Scratch my previous -
2.gif

The way that Patrick Smith smashed Scott Morris' face in with elbows and punches looks like a scene from Walking Dead. Thought he was about dead.

Gonzaga cro croping CRO COP.

Finally mirko was in the ufc I was at huddy's house hyping mirko about his High Kicks, them booooom mirko was layed out. Could not believe was I had just witnessed.

Wand vs Chuck not ending via KO. Both with questionable chins, both still with KO power. Inconceivable.

Anderson being KOed by Weidman.

Crocop being KOed by Gonzaga.

has too be sliva getting KOd by weidman... i was speechless

1. Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Mirko Cro Cop
Nothing in MMA history comes close to the affect Gonzaga's head kick KO had on me seeing it live. Mirko was brought in for a superfight with Couture and to be the next heavyweight champion and then this happens. I was so shocked and disturbed, I felt a jolt running through my body and I couldn't sleep the rest of the night.

2. Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman I
It's still hard to believe this actually happened - surreal, bizarre, hilarious, etc.

3. Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra I
Unlike Weidman, no one gave Serra a chance - still the biggest upset in MMA history.

4. Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen I
I was on my feet the entire time rooting for Sonnen and just amazed at what I was seeing. The lasting memory of that fight for me is my sister saying it was over, and I said no it's not, Silva is too dangerous and anything can happen. Right after I said that, Silva tapped him out. Incredible.

5. Maurice Smith vs. Mark Coleman
I remember my dad and I screaming at the tv when we realized Smith was going to do the impossible and beat Coleman - good times.

6. Royce Gracie vs. Kimo
Kimo's entrance was a spectacle right out of pro wrestling, and then he backed it up by giving Royce the toughest fight of his career which forced him out of the UFC III tournament.

7. Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin
Silva completely dismantled and humiliated the former light heavyweight champion. For all the great things Forrest accomplished (Bonnar I, upsetting Shogun, winning the title from Rampage), he'll unfortunately be remembered just as much for this.

8. Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman II
I was rooting for Silva to lose but not like that - I don't wish that on anyone. A shocking and sad moment that truly marked the end of an era.

9. Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida
The sight of Jones choking Machida unconscious, dropping his lifeless body and just walking away is something I'll never forget.

10. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir II
I was dying for Nog to get revenge for the first fight when he was a zombie and got KO'd, and here he was lighting up Mir standing and everything was going his way. Suddenly, the next thing I see is Nog's arm snapping in two - that was depressing.

Last edited:
Honorable mention: Anderson KOing Forrest with a jab off his back foot.

Serra vs GSP
Weidman vs Silva I/II
Silva vs Sonnen triangle
Boetsch vs Okami comeback

Silva v Weidman I and II - KO and leg break
Tito v Bader - quick submission
Mighty Mouse v Benavidez II - brutal KO

Mark Hunt almost making Fedor tap is up there. If he had pulled that off it would be at the top of everyone's list.

Yea, the leg break. I didn't watch the ko live.

2nd would b cro cop getting headkicked.

anderson-silva-triangle-submit-chael-sonnen.gif

My overall favorite moment in the ufc, it was very shocking after the first 4 rounds and I have never gone as crazy after a finish as I did when silva tapped sonnen in the 5th

:mad:I wasso mad at chael
For blowing it
He almost had that shit

Back