Your Most Satisfying KO Win

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Oh man. I don't know how I forgot about this one!! I'm gonna watch this one again now. That stupid grumpy face she always had, not touching gloves, her weigh in antics... this might be my #1.

Man Terry fucking Martin. Remember his failed debut at 205. Then went to 185, 2 ko wins over salverry and rivera, was considered to be in the title picture, then that happened and he was never seen again
yeah that’s right, he put jorge rivera to sleep in like 13 seconds. that’s still impressive tbh i remember being young as hell watching that card on DVD and thinking it was the quickest fight i’d ever see.

yeah that’s right, he put jorge rivera to sleep in like 13 seconds. that’s still impressive tbh i remember being young as hell watching that card on DVD and thinking it was the quickest fight i’d ever see.

Think that was the rampage vs liddell card right? One of the very few ppvs we got when I was younger. Mainly cause my mom loves liddell. That whole card was stacked with notable names.

Leben vs kalib starves
Jardine vs houston
Jeremy Stephen's making his debut at 20
Pariayan vs Buckman.

Man, I miss the days when I knew all the names from Top to bottom

WSqk.gif

my answer. this fight felt absolutely gigantic, the pre-fight buildup to the aldo fight, the last second replacement with mendes (who had just given aldo the fight of his life), the buzz around the card, the live performances before they walked out, conor getting beat up for the better part of two rounds and coming back to KO chad, the commentary was also phenomenal.

one of my favorite fights of all-time, whether it’s just nostalgia or whatever.

The speedbagging of Ricardo Morais by Aleks Emelianenko is probably still by favourite KO of all-time.
Standing_KOd.gif

It's an absolute clinic and it happened right after the opening bell.

Honourable mentions to Mach Sakurai's overhead shadow-realming of Olaf Alfonso and Rory Markham's headkick KO of Brodie Farber.

WickedScratchyCygnet-size_restricted.gif
tumblr_n5lc9eayOg1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

The huge Native American Chief Andre Roberts knocking out the anabolic steroid cheating Waterman. nothing comes close to it in UFC history, the best.

Then when he screams over his lifeless body with over 380 years of fury and anger "Get Up Ron!!!!!!!''

I've been counting down the days until Yan fights Sterling. Oct 30th can't come soon enough. It got me thinking though that every time I've felt this way going back to the 90s, the fight always delivered a KO that I could watch on reply 100s of times and never get bored. I feel it's already been written that Sterling is going to be HL reeled.

Since I'm bored working from home and want to make use of my FightPass subscription, what are some of the most satisfying KOs in MMA history?

Mine is a toss up between Hendo/Bisping (though I'm a huge Bisping fan now), and Shogun/Machida 2.

you're a fucking weirdo

Think that was the rampage vs liddell card right? One of the very few ppvs we got when I was younger. Mainly cause my mom loves liddell. That whole card was stacked with notable names.

Leben vs kalib starves
Jardine vs houston
Jeremy Stephen's making his debut at 20
Pariayan vs Buckman.

Man, I miss the days when I knew all the names from Top to bottom
yeah i remember being able to name all the subtitles in order <Lmaoo> ufc 84: ill will, ufc 85: bedlam, etc.

in my mind i was thinking rivera/martin was ufc 67 where anderson fought travis lutter but i could be wrong. i just remember that being one of the first “new” DVD’s they had at hollywood video at the time and being super excited to watch.

edit: after googling, it looks like it was 67 but terry martin beat up ivan salaverry at ufc 71 which was rampage/liddell

yeah i remember being able to name all the subtitles in order <Lmaoo> ufc 84: ill will, ufc 85: bedlam, etc.

in my mind i was thinking rivera/martin was ufc 67 where anderson fought travis lutter but i could be wrong. i just remember that being one of the first “new” DVD’s they had at hollywood video at the time and being super excited to watch.

No you're right. Terry Martin fought salavery on that card. Rivera was on 67.

Wow, imagine how the newer people thinking were retards for remembering this lol

WSqk.gif

my answer. this fight felt absolutely gigantic, the pre-fight buildup to the aldo fight, the last second replacement with mendes (who had just given aldo the fight of his life), the buzz around the card, the live performances before they walked out, conor getting beat up for the better part of two rounds and coming back to KO chad, the commentary was also phenomenal.

one of my favorite fights of all-time, whether it’s just nostalgia or whatever.
Great fight, first time Conor faced any real adversity in a fight so far in the UFC. Watched it at a bar and everyone was going crazy during this fight.

Mark Hunt vs Roy Nelson

Anyone can be knocked out, but that doesn't stop crazy narratives about some guys having chins of iron and whatnot.

Roy Nelson supposedly couldn't be knocked out, but then Hunt hit this:

lJgZEFr.gif

Repeat: Anyone can be knocked out.

I've been counting down the days until Yan fights Sterling. Oct 30th can't come soon enough. It got me thinking though that every time I've felt this way going back to the 90s, the fight always delivered a KO that I could watch on reply 100s of times and never get bored. I feel it's already been written that Sterling is going to be HL reeled.

Since I'm bored working from home and want to make use of my FightPass subscription, what are some of the most satisfying KOs in MMA history?

Mine is a toss up between Hendo/Bisping (though I'm a huge Bisping fan now), and Shogun/Machida 2.

those are up there but I think #1 for everyone is Holly vs Honda.

Back