• Cutelaba v Roundtree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Benoitthegr8

Filthy Pensioner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your most memorable pre-fight face off moments

Alright Sherbro’s, I know it’s been done before, however these are always fun and brings back good memories. So let’s see what are your most memorable moments when the combatants inevitably meet prior to the fights.

These moments can can be intense, humorous, rehearsed, troll jobs, and sometimes unpredictable...

I have posted a few of my favorites below, gif’s only please, I could’ve posted 50 of these, but figured I’d leave something for the other members to discuss.

I’m going OG on this one, I’m sure the old school MMA guys remember the anticipation and build up coming into this fight. Both men were considered the among the top HW of the NHB era fighters, Frye had 2 UFC tournament wins to his name, Shamrock had won UFC Super Fight Title and defended 2 times and was considered the best Mixed Martial Artist on the planet in 1995. The fight delivered and due to damage sustained during the tilt it forever changed the career trajectory of both fighters

Ken-Shamrock-Don-Frye-1.gif

This is my all time favorite troll job, Rampage comedically best’s Jon “Bones” Jones, completely unexpected, Dana’s reaction, Jon’s look of absolute disgust and gotten to... this was a masterful and epic clowning on behalf of Page, although inevitably Jon would have the last laugh.

SoreZestyBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

Honorable mentions, CroCop versus Wandy, also the epic end of the 4th round staredown between Rory and Robbie...

Note: I’m going to try and edit the post (If I can) and create a poll as we go, to see which ones are the highest rated, I’ll wait until we get a good selection of moments before I add more. (Initially there will only be 2 selections)

Discuss

The million dollar man Sean O'Connell gets my vote.
(Yep he actually won in the PFL tournament and took home a million dollars)

brJaupK.gif

And also RIP Ryan Jimmo :(

It's fairly recent but I like Conor and Dustin's pre fight face off for their 2nd fight.

200.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

I like it because despite Conor trying to be all serious during the face off getting down low on Dustin, Dustin followed him and got as low as he did. Now I don't wanna go full on arm chair psychologist but I always see it as Dustin showing he's willing to play the same game, and even do it better. It's night and day from their first ever weigh in face off where Dustin couldn't compose himself, hell he almost cracks a funny face at Conor as he's inching down towards Conor too almost like he saw through it.

It's fairly recent but I like Conor and Dustin's pre fight face off for their 2nd fight.

200.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

I like it because despite Conor trying to be all serious during the face off getting down low on Dustin, Dustin followed him and got as low as he did. Now I don't wanna go full on arm chair psychologist but I always see it as Dustin showing he's willing to play the same game, and even do it better. It's night and day from their first ever weigh in face off where Dustin couldn't compose himself, hell he almost cracks a funny face at Conor as he's inching down towards Conor too almost like he saw through it.

Good pick. This was pretty intense. And kinda sad that this is the first and last time that we ever got to see this "nice guy" version of Conor, which to me was really refreshing to see.

Good pick. This was pretty intense. And kinda sad that this is the first and last time that we ever got to see this "nice guy" version of Conor, which to me was really refreshing to see.

I'm with you on that, even though I got into the Sport during his run at Champ Champ gold where he was running his mouth, and apologizing to "Absolutely NOBODY", I too enjoyed the nicer version of Conor, and as crazy as this might sound, I think he was being genuine during the build up of their 2nd fight. He seemed to turn a new leaf, and even if it was a mask, he was wearing it very well.

I don't talk about it much because I hardly think it matters, but I think his hatred and anger towards Dustin in the rubber match was LARGELY manufactured as he thought it would give him the "Fire" so to speak going into the 3rd fight, and the Charity incident was the perfect excuse he was looking for to get mad use that to justify his "Heel Turn". Khabib even alluded to the same in an ESPN MMA Interview. Granted, if I was Conor I would get mad over the whole Charity incident as it made him look like an asshole, but regardless of the fact, I think he rather enjoyed being "Nice guy Conor" it saved him a shit ton of RP as opposed to the old man punching, "My Foot was a Balloon", and sexual assault allegation Conor who was ON that shit, but after he lost to Dustin I think he bought into the narrative that he needs to talk trash to beat Dustin, when that wasn't the case, Dustin was just the smarter and better fighter that night, and he fought like a Jackass.

Back