Your Most Awkward Jiu-Jitsu Situation

POPPA ROTZEE

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whats the most awkward situation you've ever been in?

Here's mine, I had a blind girl come and study jiu-jitsu at our school (Which is AWESOME imo) and I was there on her first day visiting the school. I had seen on the news about a blind girl training in the area at other schools and knew she had some knowledge on the mat.

So I didn't have a problem with this, at all, my problem was when the specific training started. I kinda wanted a precedent to go off of how the other guys rolled with her and at what level of aggression but of course I got picked to get on the mat first and after defeating the first two guys, she was up in line. So now I'm think "Great, either I go hard and beat her while everyones watching and I'm the dick head that beat the blind girl...or I let her beat me and I'm the dick head that lost to the blind girl on purpose.

(hand outs piss off some handicap people) so i'm not sure how she'll react. If she is a girl AND blind and comes to jiu-jitsu...she's a tuff individual and may not want any hand outs and actually RESENT me letting her win. Talk about fucking awkward... so I kind of lucked out...I played a soft guard and let her pass only when she did the correct technique to side guard then when she mounted softly swept her and explained she would of won the "specific training drill" if she would of been more careful with her base. I figured that was the best way out of that one. lol.

Last edited:
i wouldnt worry too much... idk, doesnt seem like such a big deal to me, who cares if u lose or not... its just training and sparring. of course i wouldnt go hard on her but at least make her work alittle bit

i wouldnt worry too much... idk, doesnt seem like such a big deal to me, who cares if u lose or not... its just training and sparring. of course i wouldnt go hard on her but at least make her work alittle bit

its not the loosing that mattered, it was not knowing what she was wanting I guess. Kinna like when you go to help a some guys in a wheel chair and the get pissed off like " HEY...I"M LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE". It was just a weird situation to be in without watching how someone else handled it first. Wasn't a big deal or anything, we laughed about it afterwards. Just curious what other funny situations guys have been in on the mat.

You must be a child, it's not a big deal.

Hell I thought when I saw Blind, girl, and awkward in the same paragraph this was going to involve you getting an accidental massage on the package.

You must be a child, it's not a big deal.

You must be a 'tard. I said it wasn't a big deal. It was an awkward situations that I experienced that was funny after the fact, I simply asked to hear others. I didn't say either of us needed therapy after it lol

Hell I thought when I saw Blind, girl, and awkward in the same paragraph this was going to involve you getting an accidental massage on the package.

lmao...now that would of been

i learned a cool technique off a dvd i saw, "Passing the Guard (of blind people)": next time she pulls open guard, you can pass by simply getting up and walking over to whatever side you want; you can take your time as long as you do it quietly

i once poked my big toe on a girls vagoo during free training. she had side mount and i was trying to get a butterfly in. I could tell by her reaction that the deed was done.

tip: next time she pulls open guard, you can pass by simply getting up and walking over to whatever side you want; you can take your time as long as you do it quietly

that is the most horrible, yet funniest thing I've heard this week lol

i once poked my big toe on a girls vagoo during free training. she had side mount and i was trying to get a butterfly in. I could tell by her reaction that the deed was done.

HAHAHAHA A young guy told me he was rolling with a girl he had a crush on and had to spend half the time hiding a boner...now THAT Was pretty funny.

I played a soft guard and let her pass only when she did the correct technique to side guard then when she mounted softly swept her and explained she would of won the drill if she would of been more careful with her base.

You can't win a drill.

You can't win a drill.

Its not really a drill its called "specific training", but its like a drill IMO. You'll start in there guard with an objective to either submit or mount and your opponent will have to submit or sweep. It is something we do right after drilling to apply what you've learned in a live situation. Then after that we have our live rolling session.

Its not really a drill its called "specific training", but its like a drill IMO. You'll start in there guard with an objective to either submit or mount and your opponent will have to submit or sweep. It is something we do right after drilling to apply what you've learned in a live situation. Then after that we have our live rolling session.

Gotcha'. We call that a "game."

not really awkward but you ever roll with one of those guys that all they drink are protein shake

when you roll with them they give off protein farts that will kill most small animals

not really awkward but you ever roll with one of those guys that all they drink are protein shake

when you roll with them they give off protein farts that will kill most small animals

HAHAHAHA, yeah. Its funny that every gym no matter what city still has the same guys.

1. Protein fart guy
2. Sweaty guy
4. Bad breath guy
5. Wait till everyones tired before you start rolling guy
6. 15 min late guy
7 Pre excuse guy

the list goes on and on and they are everywhere :p

i learned a cool technique off a dvd i saw, "Passing the Guard (of blind people)": next time she pulls open guard, you can pass by simply getting up and walking over to whatever side you want; you can take your time as long as you do it quietly

Jebus.

Funniest thing I've heard all day.:icon_lol:

It's quite rare that I actually laugh out loud while reading an internet forum, but I have to admit that on this occasion I did.

:icon_lol:

Back