Your Most Anticipated Film of 2015?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Which 2015 movie are you most looking forward to watching?

I've listed the 10 biggest high profile films that are most likely to get votes.

I made a similar poll last year, so it'll be interesting to see if the results will still be the same now that most of the listed films' trailers have been released or the fact that some of biggest films (Batman v Superman, Warcraft) have been pushed back to 2016.

To check out what other movies are coming out in 2015:

Dragonlord's Movie Guide - 2015 Edition

2. Dragonlordxxxxx

There's still a lot of potential great movies (especially the fall line-up) that don't have any trailers yet or lots of details released or even release dates. With that said, here's my Top 10 most anticipated films of 2015.

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    After three disappointing prequel movies and a ton of prequel animated shows and books, we're finally going to have a sequel after Return of the Jedi. This film was sitting around my Top Five list but quickly shot up to No. 1 after the teaser trailer debut last October. I got chills when John Williams score blasted along with the Millennium Falcon scene. The short teaser trailer sparked a lot of discussion and buzz, so I can just imagine the reaction what a full-length trailer will do.

2. Kingsman: The Secret Service
    Ah, "The Movie No One Cares Except Me." I love the James Bond meets My Fair Lady premise from the start but when director Matthew Vaughn signed on board, I knew this would be something special. Early reviews are also very promising. So if you like a well-made R-rated action movie with style and humor, check out this movie come Valentine's Day weekend.

3. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Joss Whedon's follow-up to 2012's mega-successful Avengers features the evil A.I. Ultron (creepily voiced by James Spader), the debut of Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and, my personal favorite, The Vision. Plus, Hulk versus Iron Man in the Hulkbuster suit is going to be sick.

4. Inside Out
    Pixar's phenomenal track record of excellent films was broken after Toy Story 3 but I believe Inside Out is going to put them back on track or at least is going to join the elite group of Pixar greats. I've said this before, expect some future classic emotional moments similar to Up's opening montage or Toy Story 3's tearful farewell ending.

5. Ant-Man
    When Edgar Wright exited the project and replaced with director Peyton Reed with some script changes, everybody predicted that this was going to be a clusterfuck. I truly believe that this is going to end up as one of the good ones for Marvel Studios. Same with Guardians of the Galaxy. Everybody was dismissing it early on but turned out to be the highest grossing movie of 2014 in the US and in majority of posters' Top 5 of 2014.

6. Jurassic World
    For this fourth installment, they're going back to the basics but mixed in with a few novelty to spice things up. Based on the trailer and everything I've read, this is going to be a fun, scary adventure ride. This film is also going to solidify Chris Pratt as a bona fide leading man.

7. Mad Max: Fury Road
    Original Mad Max trilogy filmmaker George Miller returns to the post-apocalyptic world he created for this reboot. From the awe-inspiring landscape and insane gonzo action shown in the trailer, post-apocalypse has never looked so splendid. On a sidenote, the official Fury Road thread was created way back in 2009 and is my oldest active thread. Suffice to say, I've been waiting for this movie for a long, long time.

8. In the Heart of the Sea
    Rush director Ron Howard and star Chris Hemsworth reteam for the adaptation of Nathaniel Philbrick's In the Heart of the Sea which is an incredible, heartwrenching true story about the sinking of the whaleship Essex and also served as the basis for Herman Melville's Moby Dick.

9. The Walk
    Joseph Gordon Levitt stars in Robert Zemeckis' The Walk which tells the true story of Philippe Petit's awe-inspiring high-wire walk between the Twin Towers in 1974. Watching the trailer is both stressful and breathtaking. Definitely a must-watch in IMAX.

10. Mission: Impossible 5
    There's little info on the plot of the film nor is there a trailer yet but M:I5 still made it to my Top 10 because Tom Cruise always delivers top-notch quality blockbuster entertainment to the M:I franchise with adrenaline-pumping action and death-defying stunts.

Interested:

Triple Nine
    Black Mass
    Untitled Steven Spielberg Cold War Movie
    The Revenant
    The Hateful Eight
    Furious 7
    '71
    The Salvation
    Everly
    Chappie
    The Gunman
    It Follows
    Rock the Kasbah
    Pitch Perfect 2
    Tomorrowland
    Spy
    Pixels
    Grimsby
    The Man from UNCLE
    Criminal
    Everest
    Spectre
    Peanuts
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 2
    The Good Dinosaur
    The Martian
    White God

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  3. callofdutyNBA

callofdutyNBA Brown Belt

Women in black 2

Not really into star wars, star trek, or other kids movies.

4. Cheese

Cheese Banned Banned

Star Wars by a Mile.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Belt

Definitely Star Wars. As the father of 6 and 4 year old boys it's almost surreal to think I'll be taking my own sons to the sequel over thirty years after I was the obsessed kid hyperventilating about the originals.

6. Streetz

Streetz Gypsy Platinum Member

Star Wars and it's not even close.

7. Nameless Ghoul

Nameless Ghoul Black Belt

Hateful 8?

8. kurtwpg

kurtwpg Silver Belt

Out of those, Avengers, Bond, or Star Wars. I'll take Bond because Craig is great and Avengers just feels a little more "disposable" to me. Star Wars is long in the tooth and a big ? but is still Star Wars.

Terminator and Mad Max should have stayed dead. Wouldn't have minded a Mad Max 4 with Mad Mel 10 years ago though.

9. Dragonlordxxxxx

That's a good choice. I'll change Terminator Genisys for Hateful Eight in the poll since a lot of people are turned off by the former.

10. Wrath621

Wrath621 Account Retired

Star Wars with Mad Max Fury Road coming in second

11. Shael

Shael Silver Belt

Avengers
    Star wars
    Hateful 8
    Antman

12. kurtwpg

kurtwpg Silver Belt

Out of your second tier list, Everest interests me, if it's about the mountain.

13. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

What about the new Ron Howard movie with the whale? When does that come out?

14. Wrath621

Wrath621 Account Retired

In the Heart of the Sea

Good call

15. Linkuei

Linkuei Mayor of Bootyville

I'm going to go with

Jurassic World
    Spectre
    Star wars

16. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I want to see that more than anything else I've seen info on.

17. Dragonlordxxxxx

Yeah, In the Heart of the Sea is at No. 8 on my list.

18. Execute

Execute Gold Belt Platinum Member

Mad Max for sure. One of the few movies where a studio loved what they saw and gave the director more money to make a scene more elaborate.

19. Bloodlust

Bloodlust Purple Belt

Avengers for sure.

Star wars I'll watch in its third week.

20. dc007

dc007 mr. white belt

Def stoked for SW but the trailer for Mad Max is ridiculous so that one.