Your most anticipated fight this month?

For me, Silva-Diaz, followed by McGregor-Siver, and closely followed by Gus-Rumble. Cerrone-Henderson is also very interesting.

Good month of fights.

wow why do you even watch the sport lol

Used to watch it obsessively but about the time UFC went to FOX is the time my interest took a dive. Nothing to do specifically with FOX, it's just UFC is not really my cup of tea anymore. I still will watch the big fights, but I'm just worn out with it. Perhaps it's the hyper-oversaturation of cards and fighters no one really cares about.

Does he? I see he's in a bunch of threads saying UFC is WWE and a joke so maybe he doesnt even watch the sport, just comes to hate on it.

Seriously how do you call yourself a fan if Cowboy/Bendo, Gus/Rumble, Silva/Diaz doesnt interest you.

I think I've seen him in the boxing forum quite a bit so probably just a boxing fan/MMA hater.

Used to watch it obsessively but about the time UFC went to FOX is the time my interest took a dive. Nothing to do specifically with FOX, it's just UFC is not really my cup of tea anymore. I still will watch the big fights, but I'm just worn out with it. Perhaps it's the hyper-oversaturation of cards and fighters no one really cares about.

Cards are still pretty damn good, better than any other in combat sports. Certainly there is oversaturation but there are typically 3-5 fights on every card that I am legitimately excited about. Better than you can say for any other combat sport really.

Cerrone/Bendo, closely followed by Silva/Diaz. Keen to see McGregor/Siver as well, I just don't think the fight has as question marks about it as the other two.

Gus vs Rumble in regards to relevance

Diaz vs Silva in regards to entertainment and wtfness.

yeah if you love gross mismatches lol

LOL but it wasnt even the thread, the thread was asking how good is Halsey, nothing about Bellator the org.

How good is Halsey and his response is to point out Bellator being more exciting than UFC.

Cards are still pretty damn good, better than any other in combat sports. Certainly there is oversaturation but there are typically 3-5 fights on every card that I am legitimately excited about. Better than you can say for any other combat sport really.

Yeah, but for me, it's usually every 2-3 events that I find a fight I am excited enough for to actually watch. Otherwise I'll just check the results on sherdog after it's over.

I think it also may be the production. It's stale as fuck. I would prefer something more on a grand scale; more spectacle, but aside from a few things here or there, UFC remains relatively unchanged since 2005 (when I started watching). Same boring look. Same boring set up. Presentation altered a bit, but still fairly similar. Rogan, Goldberg, Dana never held to any type of professional standard.

Pride, for example, always had the huge arena and big stage and really great theatrics to go along with the fights. UFC is dull dull dull in that area, so basically the only excitement of the night comes from the fights themselves. So if you get a boring ass night, the thing is a failure.

What are your top 3 (in order) of most anticipated fights coming this month?

Some options:

4) McGregor vs Siver
3) Cerrone vs Bendo
2) Gus vs Rumble
5) Hendo vs Mousasi
1) Silva vs Diaz

My ordering.

Yeah, but for me, it's usually every 2-3 events that I find a fight I am excited enough for to actually watch. Otherwise I'll just check the results on sherdog after it's over.

I think it also may be the production. It's stale as fuck. I would prefer something more on a grand scale; more spectacle, but aside from a few things here or there, UFC remains relatively unchanged since 2005 (when I started watching). Same boring look. Same boring set up. Presentation altered a bit, but still fairly similar.

Pride, for example, always had the huge arena and big stage and really great theatrics to go along with the fights. UFC is dull dull dull in that area, so basically the only excitement of the night comes from the fights themselves. So if you get a boring ass night, the thing is a failure.

I'd like to see bigger production as well, would spice things up a bit.

Back