Your Life in a Paragraph.

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters By Portia Nelson.

Chapter 1

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in.
I am lost ... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes me forever to find a way out.

Chapter 2

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place
but, it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3

I see it is there.
I still fall in ... it's a habit.
my eyes are open
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter 4

I walk around it.

Chapter 5

I walk down another street.

Born and raised in SF Bay Area. Good, loving family. Got my ass kicked when I was 7 by a 14 year old. Became determined to be a tough guy from that day forth (but mostly failed at it). Was very shy around females. At 19 got in a fight in a park during which I watched my friend get stabbed 17 times all whilst screaming and begging for his life (he survived BTW). After I saw his Mom crying and begging for answers, I changed my attitude about wanting to be a tough guy because it seemed so irrelevant. Went to College to be an Art Major, but I suck at art so I switched to psychology. Had a terrible relationship with a young lady for two years (lots of fighting). Graduated college and had shitty jobs for a while until I met a girl, fell in love and thought we would marry so I figured I better make more money so I went back to grad school. She dumped me the day before grad school. Finished Grad School (during which I met my now wife). Dad died, I got married, today I'm a therapist working mostly with young men who are trying to be tough guys (gang members).

build up and up and up until complete disaster
then
build up and up and ...

moved from shitty relative to shitty relative from birth to age 14, no stability or role models, lived with my strict gparents til 19, failed in school and skateboarded religously, now im livin with my junkie mom at age 22, never had a relationship for longer than a year, am very negative towards life and people, had a job for the last 4 years but just recently lost it, addicted to drugs. fuck life lol.

You know you don't have to use unfortunate circumstances as an excuse to be a loser? You literally can just decide to get your shit together and than do it.

Immigrated from India over here at the age of 5 with my parents and 2 sisters. My parents gave up a comfortable life in India for better opportunities for my sisters and I so I will always be grateful for that and will never be done repaying them for it. I went to college, got my chemical engineering degree and found a job in my field, while staying in Cincinnati the whole time. While in college I found my wife and we got married last November at the age of 25. Previous to her relationships were usually short lived and very casual, and I am incredibly happy with my choice in a life partner.

5 sentances and got pretty much everything other than my hobbies in, which isn't necessarily part of a life story.

Raised in the church. Dad was a pastor. Dropped out of college after 1 year. Joined the Navy. Partied through my 20's. Married at 30. Still learning how to adult.

How about a single sentence?

My Life:
A series of bad decisions.

My life is marked by an overwhelming sense of loneliness and inadequacy. Raised in a lower class household with three other siblings, Latino, in a Latino urban ghetto was as daunting as any third world country. Grade school was lonely, friends were constantly available yet everyone was less intellectual, didn

I'm 30 years old and I have been living in a paragraph my whole life. All I see are words and punctuation marks. You know the worst part about living in a paragraph? Not even knowing how to read. I was never taught to read, ya know, cuz I live in a paragraph and haven't made any contact with another human being. One day I hope to break free of this paragraph. Will you help?

Born in Manhattan raised in the Bronx. Father from Jamaica mother from Guatemala. As a youth my main focus was to be cool, get money and fuck bitches. Brooklyn, Queens, Staten, Long Island, Westchester, Upstate Ny, Nj, Ct, Fl, Ca, Vegas, England, Nigera, Cambodia, Phillipines, China, India, Puerto Rico, Dominican Rep, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Colombia, Venezuela, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Brazil are just some of the places I am proud to say I have banged bitches from. Got into my fair share of trouble and went to too many funerals.Then I met my beautiful wife (half puerto rican half venezuelan) and had children. Ill say that changed my life for the better. Now my children are young teens and I have a great job with a great organization where I cant believe they hired me given my past which of course they will never know about. Its been a fun journey although I lost 2 best friends along the way. Now my main focus is ensuring my children's success/future.

[YT]bAXPUN2z2CE[/YT]

I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends, and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi...

Half Black, half Apache, I was mostly raised on a farm by an aunt and uncle since both parents were engaged in careers leaning heavily on deadly international espionage. They died before I ever got to know them. I maintained surprisingly high grades even though I skipped school most days with my best friend Marty to go shooting in the woods or tinker with machinery and computers in the workshop left behind by Marty's father when he walked out on Marty's family. We built all sorts of stuff, half improvised, half from schematics we found on the internet - starting with basic stuff like potato guns, trebuchets and electromagnets and graduating to amphibious vehicles, camera drones and even a microlight. After graduation Marty and I both went to NYU and while there she was discovered one day by a modelling agent just hanging outside a Barnes and Noble and put her engineering degree on hold to pursue that career while I continued, graduated then did post grad. I started my own company the day I finished my doctorate in aerial robotics and fifteen years later we're 90 staff strong and industry leaders. I met my wife while at a conference in Switzerland in 2001 and we have three boys and a girl and way too many pets. Four weeks ago I had lunch with Richard Branson and George Clooney. Times like those I think back to those days growing up in the country and tinkering with Marty in her father's workshop and think about how far I've come. Most of the time though I'm just too busy to.

Back