Your ideal workout iPhone app

sha

Geekjitsu Black Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Although I've found a few functional interval timer iPhone apps (like the Gymboss one), most of them tend to be pretty ugly, and also not very flexible. So I decided to try and make my own app.

This workout app would let you build your own workouts by combining intervals, repetitions, ladders, pyramids, and even deck of cards workouts. So the main feature is that you wouldn't be limited to just intervals like with most other apps.

Would you guys be interested in an app like this? What other feature would you like to see?

How about an app that shuts the phone off for an hour and a half so you can concentrate on lifting weights?

What I would love is a round timer that will let me play aggressive music that will shut off after a programmed 3 or 5 min round. Throw in a 30 or 10 second warning alarm that I can hear over the music and that would be great

I have an Itunes playlist full of approx. 3 min songs, but an app that managed what I described above would be sweet.

How about an app that shuts the phone off for an hour and a half so you can concentrate on lifting weights?

Well, I can't argue with that. In my defense, I was thinking more about conditioning workouts or complexes, rather than heavy lifts.

Something that would absorb crappy music from the surrounding atmosphere.

1. A built in timer would be nice. Something along the lines of what Dashpade suggested.
2. It should show your progress in some form of chart or graph.
3. Have a direct link to the girls + squats thread. Might be helpful on days where motivation is sparse.
4. Have every users workout info put displayed so that people can see how they stack up against other people who have the app.
5. Have times and weights be selectable from a rolodex style menu. If I have to type in times and weights for each workout that is going to take a long time.

Back