Your Go To Self-Defense Gameplan?

if you're carrying a weapon it means you're scared. Nobody who is at peace and with no fear of the outside world would feel a need to carry a weapon.

no it really depends on the environment you're in. carrying a weapon can also mean you're aware of the dangers in the area and possibly but not necessarily

though in all seriousness the very few times ive had to defend myself i went for an o soto gari right away and it worked like a charm. Never even met any resistance they just flopped right on their back as they didnt know what the hell i was doing until it was too lateI personally think a quick trip where you are in a position to punch them or kick them while they are down is a good idea. outside of the nut attacks/eye attacks

You know my first Muay Thai instructor used to do one free community self defense class a month where we worked on a couple of go to combos.

It's all about the lead up though. I try to keep range at the beginning to size the guy up. If I have to strike I go 1-2 hard then clinch right knee to the body as hard as I can. If I can I go straight to a standing choke to avoid possible hand breaks.

I don't carry a weapon and never have. That raises the stakes so very high that I sorta laugh at how cavalier most people on threads like this are about "I always carry x or y". Part of me does think that cowards hide behind weapons then again someone attacking you with a weapon to take your wallet or whatever is generally a coward

you know maybe you could just let women train in the gym without perving openly on them. you could avoid the situations, prevention is better than cure

lol this guy is such a joke, problem solved. my friend went to talk to him to straighten out the situation and he was still acting all tuff, until he hit the ground and curled up like bitch after 1 punch.

lol - ok so you've outed yourself as a giant pussy. Are you really that scared when you leave the house that you have to have a weapon? Maybe you should stay inside on the internet if the world is that scary to you.

I bet you talk a lot tougher when you know you have a weapon too don't ya.

Your a fucking idiot. Even if you are a seasoned martial artist(which Luis is, and me as well to a much smaller extent) you know the realities around you. When someone is holding you at gun or knife-point, tell me how macho you feel with your martial arts. Quit watching Steven Segal movies and came back to reality.
if you're carrying a weapon it means you're scared. Nobody who is at peace and with no fear of the outside world would feel a need to carry a weapon.

Iv been through and heard too many things to not carry a weapon. It doesnt make sense. Sure those situations can be hard to come by or avoided if your lucky, but why put your fate into the hands of your attacker?

you know maybe you could just let women train in the gym without perving openly on them. you could avoid the situations, prevention is better than cure

Lol I dont see that ever happening. You clearly havent gone to the gym during the day. Some legit eye-candy there, in those tight pants and shirt.

lol this guy is such a joke, problem solved. my friend went to talk to him to straighten out the situation and he was still acting all tuff, until he hit the ground and curled up like bitch after 1 punch.
Lol I dont see that ever happening. You clearly havent gone to the gym during the day. Some legit eye-candy there, in those tight pants and shirt.
you and your friend sound like a pair of arseholes lmao

you and your friend sound like a pair of arseholes lmao

u had to have been there. I bet a lot would have done the same. He showed he couldnt be dealt with then pushed my friend back, then went at him, only to get put down by 1 right hand. too bad that girl wasnt there to see it, or me for that matter.

try to talk my way out of it, keep hands ready in non-threatening manner, attempt to escape and/or negotiate my position to a place where I can escape - or, kill him.

Being a woman I clearly have gone to the gym in the day and am quite happy you had to hide out in a stall scared.

Being a woman I clearly have gone to the gym in the day and am quite happy you had to hide out in a stall scared.

Heh.

Carrying any weapon or anything you intend to use as a weapon here is illegal. Kinda annoying. I'd love to carry my chucks.

though in all seriousness the very few times ive had to defend myself i went for an o soto gari right away and it worked like a charm. Never even met any resistance they just flopped right on their back as they didnt know what the hell i was doing until it was too lateI personally think a quick trip where you are in a position to punch them or kick them while they are down is a good idea. outside of the nut attacks/eye attacks

throws/trips work nine times out of ten, most people aren't knowledgeable about them, nor expecting them in a self defense situation...esp right off the bat..most people are going to try and rush..push or grab u initially and that all the opp u need to offbalance and dump them.

so u can get away..or follow up

I dont remember saying I was scared. Just trying to avoid a situation like any decent person.

I dont remember saying I was scared. Just trying to avoid a situation like any decent person.

Am I missing something? You perved at his girlfriend, he stared you down, you went out of your way to avoid confrontation....I would say that would of been the end of it, I don't think he would of cared in a couple weeks time.

But now you friend has dropped him in your honour and belittled him in front of everyone in the gym where he thinks he looks cool arnt you now going to wonder if he retaliates when you turn up on your own? Maybe he has a friend that will repay the favor?

I'm not sure why you didn't just let it go tbh

Thai clinch if I am stronger(knees to nuts), stick and move with front kick and jab if I am smaller, double if they are standing straight up

Not that different from training tbh

Am I missing something? You perved at his girlfriend, he stared you down, you went out of your way to avoid confrontation....I would say that would of been the end of it, I don't think he would of cared in a couple weeks time.

But now you friend has dropped him in your honour and belittled him in front of everyone in the gym where he thinks he looks cool arnt you now going to wonder if he retaliates when you turn up on your own? Maybe he has a friend that will repay the favor?

I'm not sure why you didn't just let it go tbh

OP is clearly more clever than boyfriend in story, he'll be fine.

Actually it does seem like a pretty solid self defense strategy: hide until the danger is over and get a tougher friend to beat them up.

Put your hands up to give the impression you might know how to box, or if the option is available to you, give'em the Mexican eye... or whatever "eye" your people give.

And now you're asking for advice about how to beat up the guy whose girlfriend you perved at, mischaracterising the situation as self defense.

What you described isn't a self defense situation. It's you being butthurt.

Back