Your Go To Self-Defense Gameplan?

disappointed with all the nut shot and eye poke comments. A true self defense game plan should not involve any strikes. Use footwork and head movement and clown the untrained loser. Make him miss with all his punches, cut angles and give him light slaps on the back of his head, just toy with him, trip him, give him little belly pats. Make a joke out of him while you gracefully (with a smile on your face) move around him like your playing with a child.

Kick to the nuts is legit

I disagree with anyone saying "just tease/play with him", it isn't being helpful. If you feel like self-defense is needed, then messing around and embarrassing the antagonist is not an option in the scenario.

In other words, if you are in a situation where toying around would work, then you are so overmatched to the other guy/group that they would have to basically be invalid or so cowardly and weak as to not be ANY kind of threat in the first place. And even small skinny people can easily pose a decent threat if they rise to it, so that excludes basically anyone (it's not realistic to be able to just "play" with any kind of actual threat)

If some rube is denying your rights to exist in peace, a nut kick (or a bouquet of) is fully warranted. It's not even that bad because it happens by accident to everyone in all types of regular sports and mere everyday mishaps. Plus, they'll be fine afterward, unlike most other things that it would take to stop them once they go aggressive

There is no honor among unsolicited assaulters. Why grant them the upper hand to better enable victimizing innocents when they don't even respect you for it? They need their lesson, do your duty and give it to them

Cliffs: If you stubbornly must "play" with an attacker, you can "playfully" kick them in the shorts

Im going to send a few friends there tomorrow to scope out the situation.

Its more of moral thing. People like him think they can do what they want. I doubt he even trains(dont know for sure) He looked like ur typically meat head lifter, probably jacks while looking at himself in the mirror. This cannot be let to happen.

Kick to the nuts is legit

I disagree with anyone saying "just tease/play with him", it isn't being helpful. If you feel like self-defense is needed, then messing around and embarrassing the antagonist is not an option in the scenario.

In other words, if you are in a situation where toying around would work, then you are so overmatched to the other guy/group that they would have to basically be invalid or so cowardly and weak as to not be ANY kind of threat in the first place. And even small skinny people can easily pose a decent threat if they rise to it, so that excludes basically anyone (it's not realistic to be able to just "play" with any kind of actual threat)

If some rube is denying your rights to exist in peace, a nut kick (or a bouquet of) is fully warranted. It's not even that bad because it happens by accident to everyone in all types of regular sports and mere everyday mishaps. Plus, they'll be fine afterward, unlike most other things that it would take to stop them once they go aggressive

There is no honor among unsolicited assaulters. Why grant them the upper hand to better enable victimizing innocents when they don't even respect you for it? They need their lesson, do your duty and give it to them

Cliffs: If you stubbornly must "play" with an attacker, you can "playfully" kick them in the shorts

See, thats the point. Mabye my ego gets in the way, but when someone disrespects you like that. You really do want to teach them a lesson. Its not just about getting out safe all the time. I have had some very bad situations with weapons involved, but also situations with no weapons involved. Just a fight against some idiot who thinks he is hot shit.

I will go back to training at night. I always prefer that anyways. much more alone. Can do what I want, shadowbox, etc.
The only plus during the day is all the ladies you can see, but it is more crowded and you have to deal with a lot of people. I dont go there to check out the ladies, I like to go hard and perform my best, so its for the best. but this clown needs to be taught a lesson.

My instant gameplan/reaction to getting attacked has always been a double leg. Im never the aggressor so when someone is swinging wildly at me with punches the simple football tackle power double is super easy to pull off.

Multiple attackers I usually just run. If there is no running then I would probably just end up swinging wildly, forgetting about simple techniques such as the groin kick.

disappointed with all the nut shot and eye poke comments. A true self defense game plan should not involve any strikes. Use footwork and head movement and clown the untrained loser. Make him miss with all his punches, cut angles and give him light slaps on the back of his head, just toy with him, trip him, give him little belly pats. Make a joke out of him while you gracefully (with a smile on your face) move around him like your playing with a child.
Spoken like a guy who has watched way too many movies.
Its like we are all Anderson Silva's in this bitch

tell them i have a heart condition and punching me would be murder

You probably did the right thing. I'd have done the same thing. If he was still there when I came out and approached me agressively. I'd have made sure to hit him first, lead lefthook, get in close.. knee to the balls, then try to move round to his back for a choke or trip.

Yell as loud as you can " Thats my purse, I don't know you" and then kick to groin.

This isn't the answer you want but you did the right first step just getting out of there and not letting escalate in the first place.

Your butt hurt that you ran away from confrontation. Let it go. Do not escalate. You don't know what kinda day he was having.

If he approaches you again and an altercation is likely fuck him up. There are a lot of weapons in a gym. Or get punched and sue for loads of money because of the emotional stress.

My go to has always been judo throw followed by mount or attack the neck. There's never been any adrenalin in street fights, I've always been dead calm, not like amateur fights where I'm amped to the max.

Now after 3 years of kickboxing I'd probably front kick, 1-2 or knee depending on distance. I'd like to stay standing in future just in case.

Depends if he's also a martial artist or just a bodybuilder.

If he's just a bodybuilder, you could easily destroy him with your martial arts skills in front of his GF, after which she would probably dump him. I mean, what's the point of all those roided up muscles if he can't protect her? :icon_lol:

P.S. If he's taking lots of oral sh1t, one punch to the liver should do the job.

Last edited:
It's not even a plan it's just what happens on instinct which is usually a jab, stepping back jab if I need to keep range, or if it's preemptive a straight right hand. After that I take whatever presents itself. A lot of times guys duck their head from the punches and I'll either guillotine them if I'm being nice or wrestlers headlock followed by knees to the face. Also depends on my surroundings I won't grapple by choice if it's crowded or he has friends.

*fixed- nut shot then dry hump his collapsed body

that's IF I'm unarmed, which I'm usually not.

lol - ok so you've outed yourself as a giant pussy. Are you really that scared when you leave the house that you have to have a weapon? Maybe you should stay inside on the internet if the world is that scary to you.

I bet you talk a lot tougher when you know you have a weapon too don't ya.

lol - ok so you've outed yourself as a giant pussy. Are you really that scared when you leave the house that you have to have a weapon? Maybe you should stay inside on the internet if the world is that scary to you.

Most guys I know who CC or carry knives don't talk about it at all, or talk tough. It's usually only the guys who open carry who are assholes, which I think are probably not unrelated. I personally don't carry weapons outside the house, but I don't look down on those who do as long as they're not showing or trying to intimidate people. The best weapon is one no one will ever know you have.

LOL- Do you know who you're talking to, newb? Seems like you're the one talking a lot tougher over the internet.

Big right hand. Left Hook. Right hand. It's over by then in under 3 sec. Im a monster

a cross to the solar plexus or liver

Most guys I know who CC or carry knives don't talk about it at all, or talk tough. It's usually only the guys who open carry who are assholes, which I think are probably not unrelated. I personally don't carry weapons outside the house, but I don't look down on those who do as long as they're not showing or trying to intimidate people. The best weapon is one no one will ever know you have.

if you're carrying a weapon it means you're scared. Nobody who is at peace and with no fear of the outside world would feel a need to carry a weapon.

Back