Your Go To Self-Defense Gameplan?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by WillW, Jan 14, 2015.

1. WillW

WillW Blue Belt

I was at the Gym earlier today, getting some intervals in, as it is too cold outside to mess with. I saw this excellent chick, one of the best Iv seen. Tight pants and the works. Then this guy gets all pissed at me, like Im supposed to know it was his GF.

I hid in the stall just to avoid confrontation, but It made me think what I would do, or what I should do. I always thought I would just react and let the training kick in, but It would be a interesting to have a go to gameplan for situations like that.

2. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

hit them hard, hit them low.
    Also, always remember the rule of the 4 balls. attack those 4 balls. (eye balls and lower balls)

3. Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane Purple Belt

Improvise

4. Strychnine

Strychnine Steel Belt

Swift kick to the ba//sack, followed up by he//bows.

5. GoatyP

GoatyP Blue Belt

front kick da bawls. 1-2-3 and knee stomps as needed.

6. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

Knee to nuts, elbow to throat, fist to nose.

That's IF I don't have a plethora of shit around I can grab to hit the mofo with. Oh and that's IF I'm unarmed, which I'm usually not.

7. WillW

WillW Blue Belt

I have trained eye pokes atleast on bags and imagined it and what not. Not sure I would ever attack another man's balls unless my life depended on int.

You also have to consider the legalities. If it was on camera or what not. Let them throw the first punch, so you can say you were attacked.

I was thinking get double collar ties and knee from there. or get a quick double as soon as they throw and take care of it from there. Those seem to be easy to get.

lol u guys are pretty hardcore. Things would change if they had weapons or tried to make you take on a few of them. I was just thinking of beating the idiot up a little.

8. peytonlucy

peytonlucy Silver Belt

I violently wet my pants and go for the clinch.

9. Fire of Youth

Fire of Youth Green Belt

Why don't you just say that she is very beautiful and he is a lucky guy. Then you can turn it around on him and ask him who he would rather look at? His girlfriends beauty or a bunch of sweaty men. If he says the girlfriend then you are in agreement which makes it hard for him to justify being a dick to you (after all you both have good taste in women). If he says the men, you just have to apologise to his girlfriend for having to be with someone who doesn't value her. Then you can have the confrontation and perhaps look great in the girlfriends eyes because you defended her honour. He is damned either way and you come out smelling of flowers.

10. Uchi Mata

Uchi Mata Preaching the gospel of heel hooks and left kicks

Lead left (I'm a southpaw) into clinch, followed by a few knees and a throw (Judo black belt). I'd also try to get my back to the door before starting shit, if I hurt someone I want to get the hell out before his friends can jump in.

11. Devonmac95

Devonmac95 Orange Belt

i dont really get into confrontations since im too so easy going, but if someone did attack me, would probably go kick to the knee or balls, then follow up, or go with a counter jab (or eye jab) then follow up, or go with a body straight so it would seem so bad on the legal side of things, but all of it comes down to what comes into my head first. best thing to do is to just say "nah its fine" and dont bother fighting when you dont need to.

12. WillW

WillW Blue Belt

He wasnt having any of it. He was obviously a roided up asshole. With small tank top(its cold as hell out). He was staring me down, then later the second I went to the locker room, he starts walking quickly to follow.

Im not one for confrontation and I had just got done with a serious session and was gassed and sore. So I chose to stay in the stall for a few minutes tell he left. Then when I come out, he isnt there to be seen.

Ya that is a good point. I try to stay out of shit as well. Havent got into "fights" since my high school days. Sometimes people cannot be reasoned with. And other times you cannot just stand there and play the role of the "bitch".

this other time, I made a joke to this guy who was known by some of my friends. Not an acquaintance, but someone you see around. Well he flipped out and got in my face and shoved me. There was no dealing with that hot head.
    ya, toss someone like that would be a good idea.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  13. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

Is it wrong that I feel that my normal gameplan would work?

jab, leg kick, blast double/clinch->knees

14. WillW

WillW Blue Belt

Probably not. Its just the pressure of the situation. Iv been in a lot of various stressful situations, but that adrenaline rush you get, makes it different from sparring or what not. Not sure you can really turn that off, it just happens with the situation presents itself.

I guess just stay calm and do what you do.

15. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

I've had some exp. from exhibition matches and an amateur fight, I'll assume it's somewhat different from the real thing, how much different would you say it is?

16. The Polish Pounder

The Polish Pounder Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

Wait for them to put me in a headlock, then scream "I'm a hemophiliac" and start crying. Then when they turn away in disgust, it's time to kick some back!

17. WillW

WillW Blue Belt

not very different at all. If anything it is likely against someone who isnt really trained. Of course their really arent really any rules, but as long as its 1on1 and no weapons you should be good. You just have to get over the fact that "whoa im being attacked" then just do your thing

:) Cant even imagine someone doing that.

18. Combat Squirrel

Combat Squirrel Blue Belt

If a guy did the generic come-at-me-bro routine, I'd calmly tell him that I will sue him if he tries anything.

If he were determined to get a fight, he would have most likely attacked directly. Also these guys typically belong to the Ketchup class and know they can't afford a lawyer.

In case of an actual fight: See other comments ITT.

19. LEGS MAHONEY

LEGS MAHONEY genetically modified man shark

chain punching the nuts

[​IMG]

20. SummerStriker

SummerStriker Black Belt

Say loud enough for women nearby to hear you, "Hey, I know you have a knife and I'm not interested in any of your macho bullshit."

Then if he comes at you, floor him with nut kicks and straight punches while backing up so it is clear to your sympathetic witnesses you were trying to get away.