Your fitness goals for 2020

It would be cool to hit a 1550 or 1600 total this year. Currently sitting right around 1440 at 260lbs. I don't really train specifically for powerlifting, I just want to be strong and fast. So I would prefer dropping about 10lbs and maintaining where I'm at or increasing a little strength while dropping bodyfat. I'm still getting pretty good gains and I have a ways to go before I think I plateau.

Started hitting the gym a couple days ago. Gym near my house is like planet fitness, cheap and 24hrs but the dumbbells go up to 120 lbs, they have squat racks, barbells and everything too so should be good. I'm a stick rn (5'11, 135lbs). Goal is to get up to 160, not sure what realistic goals would be as far as how much I could Squat, Deadlift or bench at the end of the year.

pretty much I dont have anything to change this year

I guess id have to say just try to maintain the fitness I have and maybe get a little bit stronger but im in no hurry

job takes care of conditioning

dont get fat and go carefree on diet and maybe try to recomp a little bit
What kind of numbers are you projecting to hit at your powerlifting meet?

Reach and maintain ~12% bodyfat with some muscle, without strict monitoring of calorie intake, or giving up entire food groups, or taking PEDs, at 42/43 yrs old*

*Conventional wisdom states that this isn't possible but I have an approach I'm experimenting with, so let's see.

I'm about that now, and I'm 46, turning 47 next month. This is what I did to get to the lowest body fat % I've (probably) ever been:

-upped my cardio. I do at least 1hr of med/high intensity cardio a day. I hate running, and the elliptical fucked my knee a few months back, so I ride the bike. Winter here and cold as fuck, so the stationary bike is my jam right now. (Boring as fuck though)

-cut out most liquid calories. Pretty much only drink coffee and water now. I do enjoy the occasional alcoholic beverage. But pop/soda, all juices etc have been cut right out.

-more protein. I upped my protein intake with shakes and bars. As supplements only, not to replace good whole foods.

-smaller more frequent meals. I eat at least 4~6 times a day.

-lots of vegetables. I try to eat raw vegetables before I eat my main meal. They're (obviously) high in vitamins and minerals, and they're negative calories for the most part. They make you feel fuller, but you take in less calories than the amount of energy required to digest them.

-cut my amount of food I eat. I didn't change the foods I eat, I eat pretty healthy for the most part, but just the size of the portions. Basically 1/2 ~2/3 of what I would have eaten before.

-I upped my weight training. For about a year there I was doing mostly body weight exercises, without a lot of weights. Now I'm doing a 4 day cycle. 3 days of weights, 1 day of just cardio and core. I do core and cardio every day as well.

-a cheat day. I usually have a cheat day once a week. A day to not workout, and/or eat whatever I want that day. Gives you something to look forward to, instead of being so strict that you end up binging.

Anyway, that was how I lost ~25 lbs from the end of July to the end of October, and got down to the lowest body fat % I've ever been.

Good luck man.

Run a marathon
Cut to ~210lbs
Maintain 405lb DL/~350lb squat/~250lb bench

Getting back into the habit of training. Only real goal (more of a wish, really,) is to improve my PR total in the 4 big lifts. I'm happy for every kilogram.

Training went great during the first half of 2019, and I hit my goals for that entire year by june. Then, for various reasons, training just fell apart.

I've been trying to ramp up training again since the middle of november, and I'm still way below my PRs in deadlift and squat.
I doubt I'll be able to put as much effort into training as I used to for the forseeable future, so we'll see- I don't really feel like my current training budget is enough to improve.

I'm about that now, and I'm 46, turning 47 next month. This is what I did to get to the lowest body fat % I've (probably) ever been:

-upped my cardio. I do at least 1hr of med/high intensity cardio a day. I hate running, and the elliptical fucked my knee a few months back, so I ride the bike. Winter here and cold as fuck, so the stationary bike is my jam right now. (Boring as fuck though)

-cut out most liquid calories. Pretty much only drink coffee and water now. I do enjoy the occasional alcoholic beverage. But pop/soda, all juices etc have been cut right out.

-more protein. I upped my protein intake with shakes and bars. As supplements only, not to replace good whole foods.

-smaller more frequent meals. I eat at least 4~6 times a day.

-lots of vegetables. I try to eat raw vegetables before I eat my main meal. They're (obviously) high in vitamins and minerals, and they're negative calories for the most part. They make you feel fuller, but you take in less calories than the amount of energy required to digest them.

-cut my amount of food I eat. I didn't change the foods I eat, I eat pretty healthy for the most part, but just the size of the portions. Basically 1/2 ~2/3 of what I would have eaten before.

-I upped my weight training. For about a year there I was doing mostly body weight exercises, without a lot of weights. Now I'm doing a 4 day cycle. 3 days of weights, 1 day of just cardio and core. I do core and cardio every day as well.

-a cheat day. I usually have a cheat day once a week. A day to not workout, and/or eat whatever I want that day. Gives you something to look forward to, instead of being so strict that you end up binging.

Anyway, that was how I lost ~25 lbs from the end of July to the end of October, and got down to the lowest body fat % I've ever been.

Good luck man.
Thanks man

I saw your post in the other thread; very impressive. You've achieved something not many people can at our age.

My approach isn't a million miles away aside from the meal frequency bit. Intermittent fasting is something which suits me personally; I've experimented with various IF strategies for a number of years.

If I achieve the results I'm hoping to I'll document my approach in some detail; if not, well, I guess I'll just try and replicate yours!

*the elliptical fucks my knees up too

- Shoulder press my bw (I am very close)
- Pullup + 66% bw
- Deadlift 3x bw (stretch goal)
- Run the City to Surf, which is a 14km annual public run
- Train lots of martial arts and not get injured

I am 66kg.

Deadlift 5 x 500
Bench 5 x 315
Squat 5 x 405
Press 5 x 185
Pull Ups 5 x BW(210)+90
5K in 20 mins
Be able to go 80% for 10 x 3 mins rounds in Boxing.

I’m in such bad health right currently that pretty much anybody can beat me in powerlifting

Not even worth posting projected maxes

No I’m some so unhealthy currently that you could probably flick me and if pass out

Get back in to my 34inch jeans.
25min 5km
600lbs DL
400lbs Bench

Most importantly finally get my diet down and stick to it. Been way too many ups and downs over the years and it really isn’t good for your system.

Back