Your fitness goals for 2020

AlanGregson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Thought i'd be fun to share our goals and look back on theme next year.

Current:
5ft10
175-178lbs
About 12%BF

Goals:
Get stronger, more flexible and explosive.
180+lbs at the same body fat
Work on my lef arm that was neglected due to wrist injury
Get better at pull up's
Work on my overall striking and wrestling technique

-Add 100+ pounds to my SBD total.
-Get my bodyfat down a little with no weight gain pass 165 pounds by the end of the year.

pretty much I dont have anything to change this year

I guess id have to say just try to maintain the fitness I have and maybe get a little bit stronger but im in no hurry

job takes care of conditioning

dont get fat and go carefree on diet and maybe try to recomp a little bit

Get my home gym going. The wave of resolutioners hitting my local gym has pushed me over the edge. Cancelled my membership and just doing stuff at home.

Have this small detached garage I’ve never used because it’s been full of shit since I bought the place. It measures 9’x16’ on the inside so with some creativity I think it’ll be just big enough.

Had a guy replace all the decking and reroof it a couple months ago and have a door guy coming to put a new roll up on in the front. Also nabbed a nice steel exterior door from a building my employer was tearing down for the side. Started cleaning it out last weekend so I can have my concrete guy lay the floor.

I’m thinking one of those rogue wall mounted squat racks, adjustable dumbbells, and a bench that can decline and incline up to 90 degrees to get started.

Not sure how well the framework would hold a heavy bag so maybe one of those speedbag/heavy bag stands and Put the suspended bag in the middle since it’s easily removable.

I’d post pics of the before and after so far but don’t know how to on my phone.

It’s gonna be the tits and you all will be jealous:)

your a meathead Jim

you aren't worth the time or effort to converse with

putting getting stronger at all costs is a terrible goal for the large majority of people

your a meathead Jim

you aren't worth the time or effort to converse with

putting getting stronger at all costs is a terrible goal for the large majority of people

1. You’re. Come on, brah.

2. You can’t converse, so you’re safe.

3. Aesthetics at all costs.

Finish my diet and get down to 240lbs (started at 305. Currently at 252). From there, excited to start trying to gain strength back instead of just trying to lose as little as possible while feeling like shit. On top of that, I want to get conditioning in a good enough spot to where I can run a 5k in decent time. Just a measurable goal to have in place for the ultimate purpose of getting conditioning up for skiing.

Overall recovery is something I'm going to try to spend a little more time on this year.

-Improved sleep hygiene
-drink more water
-stretch more often(final goal would be to do a legit split)
-hot/cold therapy

Of course I've got normal goals of getting stronger, faster, or more skilled in a particular thing but I figure if I prioritize activities that will boost my recovery then those general goals should fall into place a little easier and may make my time in the gym a little more productive.

Reach and maintain ~12% bodyfat with some muscle, without strict monitoring of calorie intake, or giving up entire food groups, or taking PEDs, at 42/43 yrs old*

*Conventional wisdom states that this isn't possible but I have an approach I'm experimenting with, so let's see.

Get my home gym going. The wave of resolutioners hitting my local gym has pushed me over the edge. Cancelled my membership and just doing stuff at home.

Have this small detached garage I’ve never used because it’s been full of shit since I bought the place. It measures 9’x16’ on the inside so with some creativity I think it’ll be just big enough.

Had a guy replace all the decking and reroof it a couple months ago and have a door guy coming to put a new roll up on in the front. Also nabbed a nice steel exterior door from a building my employer was tearing down for the side. Started cleaning it out last weekend so I can have my concrete guy lay the floor.

I’m thinking one of those rogue wall mounted squat racks, adjustable dumbbells, and a bench that can decline and incline up to 90 degrees to get started.

Not sure how well the framework would hold a heavy bag so maybe one of those speedbag/heavy bag stands and Put the suspended bag in the middle since it’s easily removable.

I’d post pics of the before and after so far but don’t know how to on my phone.

It’s gonna be the tits and you all will be jealous:)
That's plenty of space. The 16' length really gives you room to include a decent amount of stuff. Personally I would focus on the flooring first and then go from there. If you do get a folding rack I would also consider PRx, but I think you have room for a 24" inside depth power rack. I do pretty much everything on my 7 x 12' platform in my garage. I have a Titan X-2 power rack. It can get tight and I wish I had a little more room, but it works fine overall. Next house I'm buying a 4-car garage or enough land to build something separate.

Nowadays a main goal is to stay injury free so that I can lift and be active all of the year. I don't really chase numbers much anymore, especially 1RMs. I've been doing different rep schemes, more beltless stuff, assistance lifts, etc. Basically just dicking around, but still maintaining strength and hitting some rep PRs here and there. Here are a few things that I think are achievable:

Squat: 405 lbs x 10 (This should be achievable early in the year most likely)
Bench: 225 lbs x 15 (I mainly work pause bench, but I get pec strains really easily now if I push it at higher weights. I've been enjoying working on higher reps at lighter weights.)
Deadlift: 500 lbs x 5 (This lift is tough for me to push nowadays, especially 1RM. I'm getting better at reps though, so I think this is doable.)
Strict Press: 185 lbs x 8 (Rarely train this heavy now, mainly doing it as assistance with higher reps. I'm getting pretty comfortable in the 6-8 rep range)
Pause Front Squat: 385 lbs x 1 (Literally just started this last night belted. I was doing really deep ones beltless with a long pause. 345 lbs went up pretty easily)

Maintain what I've spent the last 1.5 years achieving. On top of that, maybe gain a little bit of muscle, and get back some of my flexibility.

Same goals as every other year.

Be a bit stronger.
Be a bit leaner.
Try not to get too slow/maintain speed.

or

645 squat
375 bench
1x 5k
1x 10k
Do more sled pushing

Back