Your Fighting diet

Teknik Mao

Amateur Fighter
@Brown
Reaction score
I am looking for some diet advice when approaching a fight and the best ways to cut. I understand there will probably be existing threads, so links are welcome.

I have a relatively consistant weight of 75kgs, I fight at 72kgs.

My trouble is maintaining strength with my current diet which consists of lots of fruit, chicken and rice, most of the time. However, I tend to take things on a day to day basis and cheat ALOT! Being more aware of what nutrition works best and how other fighters eat will help me with a more constistant performance, I hope.

My BF% is probably 12-15% but its been a while since I checked. I will confirm after I go to the gym this evening, I think they have calipers......

They got this "Bod Pod" at my weight lifting gym. I haven't tried it yet but the results are accurate from what they say. It costs 40 bucks to try it hence why I haven't tried it yet.

LCDforMe said:
They got this "Bod Pod" at my weight lifting gym. I haven't tried it yet but the results are accurate from what they say. It costs 40 bucks to try it hence why I haven't tried it yet.

Yup, that would be one of the better ways to do it. The other accurate way is to be submerged in a tank of water and measure the displacement.

Meanwhile, calipers and anything else is pretty much a very very VERY rough guess that will vary each time you do it.

3 oz of protine 1/4 of a starch 2 oz fiberous vegtables 6 meals a day may do 2 mrps but not back to back do not drink aney thing with calories do not add aneything to food or drinks with calories if it dont grow dont eat it no processed or refined foods it was desined for me by billy rush condishing and diet coach to rich franklin jermey horn ect i use it to cut to 125 but it was desined for me based on height starting weight b/f ect

Isn't that only something like 6 pounds? Easy just diet for cardio, and step in the sauna before weighins. Don't bother with dieting to cut weight. However, boiled spaghetti strands, cream of wheat (nothing added), canned chicken/tuna, oatmeal, brown rice. Simply do not cheat. Generally I would say you could give yourself a "cheat day" which I never liked the idea of myself but it would keep you from cheating daily. But if you're training for a fight I would not cheat or even consider it. cheat day when a fight is coming up is only for the weak.

FiendishOne said:
Isn't that only something like 6 pounds? Easy just diet for cardio, and step in the sauna before weighins. Don't bother with dieting to cut weight. However, boiled spaghetti strands, cream of wheat (nothing added), canned chicken/tuna, oatmeal, brown rice. Simply do not cheat. Generally I would say you could give yourself a "cheat day" which I never liked the idea of myself but it would keep you from cheating daily. But if you're training for a fight I would not cheat or even consider it. cheat day when a fight is coming up is only for the weak.
rush is the dietisen for multiple top ranked fighters and sevrel champions ill stick with the advise he gives me

combatjujitsu said:
rush is the dietisen for multiple top ranked fighters and sevrel champions ill stick with the advise he gives me

Lmao. I didn't 'tell you' to take my advice and not do what works for you. I simpily gave the kid some advice when he asked. Nothing to get offended about. And like you said that program was designed for you by him, so what good is it going to do someone else? (Obviously it'll still be a good diet, but it wasn't designed for him).

However I could say something stupid like "Well top fighters diet to drop weight then cut the last couple of pounds in the sauna and with cardio) but what good would that do?

Matt Hughes cuts in the sauna along with several other fighters. It all depends on how much weight is left. Also what were you cutting to 125 from?

Shotokan777 said:
Yup, that would be one of the better ways to do it. The other accurate way is to be submerged in a tank of water and measure the displacement.

Meanwhile, calipers and anything else is pretty much a very very VERY rough guess that will vary each time you do it.

No, they're not. As I posted in another thread, my boss was in a class that did a study on BF measurements, and the calipers showed a 2% deviation from the DEXA.

FiendishOne said:

Dude, you say, "Don't bother with dieting," then you give a bunch of dieting advice. Who doesn't cheat when they're not dieting?

Think before you post.

FiendishOne said:
And like you said that program was designed for you by him, so what good is it going to do someone else? (Obviously it'll still be a good diet, but it wasn't designed for him).

By adjusting the weight of the meals from a projected 125 pound frame to a 160 pound frame. The multiplier is 1.28

Madmick said:
Dude, you say, "Don't bother with dieting," then you give a bunch of dieting advice. Who doesn't cheat when they're not dieting?

Think before you post.

I said do not bother dieting to make weight if it's just 6 pounds. Since he did say losing strength was a problem. The diet advice I gave was dieting for cardio.

Think before you post.

Thanks for the response guys, I will be using 'combatjujitsu's' advice. Heard Silvia mention Rush at Ufc 54. The six meals day helps keep the metabolism running, right? It can be difficult to eat that often but I will persevere and hopefully it will stop me from snacking! I am gonna stick with lots of green vegetables and tuna/chicken and the other stuff mentioned.

I know it seems maybe like a small amount of weight but it was constantly fluctuating and I wanted to go in shredded like other fighters and wondered how they achieved that. I fight mid-October and will try and post an update as to how my diet and training has gone.

Thanks again

Back