Your favourite albums of 2014 so far?

S

Stephen Dedalus

Lets hear 'em folks, ideally with a link of some of the best songs.

I love this one -

51I5hXvTYSL.jpg

it's just straight cut 60s pyschadelic rock music but thats what is so good about it. Think something like The Beatles 'Revolver' crossed with The Zombies and The Byrds, with a touch of T-Rex. Awesome.

Best song is this one -

[YT]99U9-zRHXf0[/YT]

Another good one -

[YT]SXFN1y9CtNE[/YT]

Full album if your interested -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZSmqSveboY

Another album I love this year -

51V5n3XX4sL.jpg

Elegantly arranged exploratory and mesmerising songs full of textured layers, atmospheric 80's synths, hazy guitars, pulsating drums beats and vocals echoing in and out like a dream.

A great song -

[YT]bsoqmFL1vlU[/YT]

Perhaps the best is Burning, sounds something like Bruce Springsteen but I couldn't find a video.

Bit of info about the albums at least! What genre it is, the album cover, who its by, anything! haha

My favorite new album of the year so far is Stereolithic from 311. Been a fan of theirs for a while but wasn't digging their last few albums as much as their older stuff. This album is a welcome return to form.

1394509960_9899.jpg

A few tracks:

[YT]OEewXJB5nnw[/YT]
[YT]Jm72D3m_Qv0[/YT]

My favorite new album of the year so far is Stereolithic from 311. Been a fan of theirs for a while but wasn't digging their last few albums as much as their older stuff. This album is a welcome return to form.

1394509960_9899.jpg

A few tracks:

[YT]OEewXJB5nnw[/YT]
[YT]Jm72D3m_Qv0[/YT]

Not too shabby mate, really cool album cover. Trying to put my finger on what they sound like...

Another one I'm liking, though haven't listened to it as much -

41a1O4U4OcL.jpg

Nothing really groundbreaking on this one, but it has some pleasant guitar sounds, and has some nice vibes.

"Charm, tunes and a certain hazy vision--Real Estate have them in abundance, and on Atlas they are more than enough to coax endless summer warmth from behind the wall of winter." - MOJO

Opening track is very good -

[YT]zTOCxexzEAQ[/YT]

Back