Your favorite WWF wrestler(s) from mid 80s to mid 90s

fa7e6860fddac75f6e3c2f36a9a0e370.jpg

Quake was a great big man IMO. He could move well, sell a promo and was believable. He was pushed But I think the WWF could've done more with him headlining. Even being a big heel to hold the title then lose it at WM or something.

I'm more of an 80s wrestling guy.. (born in the 70s)

In my mind one of the most underrated guys as far as popularity (I'd say at the time mid 80s he was second only to Hulk) and also one of my favorites was...
Hillbilly Jim... you just never hear anyone talk about him much from that time

my #2 favorite was Ivan Putski... from his kinda chubby "blue collar gimic" days to his bodybuilder looking days... I thought his son would carry on the legacy but never had much of an impact

Great call on Hillbilly Jim. So many great guys from that era. I also loved Junk Yard Dog.

Bret Hart
Earthquake
Junkyard Dog
Jake the Snake
Koko B. Ware
Road Warriors
Jim Neidhart
Macho Man
Bam Bam Bigelow
Tugboat

Although I legit hated Earthquake when he squashed Jake's snake Damien.

Was amazed that people as big as Quake, Bigelow, and Tugboat were as agile as they were.

Bret Hart
Earthquake
Junkyard Dog
Jake the Snake
Koko B. Ware
Road Warriors
Jim Neidhart
Macho Man
Bam Bam Bigelow
Tugboat

Although I legit hated Earthquake when he squashed Jake's snake Damien.

Was amazed that people as big as Quake, Bigelow, and Tugboat were as agile as they were.
Bam bam was amazing. I think it was such a waste he wasn't given the title in the mid and late 90s and was allowed to leave.

anigif_enhanced-25062-1397067694-7.gif

DIG YOUR CLAWS INTO MY ORGANS! STRETCH INTO MY TENDONS! BURY YOUR ANCHORS INTO MY BONES FOR THE POWER OF THE WARRIOR WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL!

THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT!

SHOULD I JUMP OFF THE TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD? SHOULD I LAY ON THE LAWN AND LET IT RUN OVER ME WITH LAWNMOWERS? SHOULD I GO TO AFRICA AND LET IT TRAMPLE ME WITH RAGING ELEPHANTS?

NOW YOU MUST DEAL WITH THE CREATION OF ALL THE UNPLEASANTRIES IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AS I FEEL THE INJECTION FROM THE GODS ABOVE!

Oh my god, did he actually say that shit or are you goofing on him?

Scott Steiner. So god damn under rated nowadays because everyone just remembers what he turned into later.

o2CDca.gif

RA_utr.gif

Scott-Steiner-gifs-001_001.gif

Lex Luger
Sid Justice/Vicious
Diesel
Macho Man
Bret Hart
Brutus the Barber Beefcake

Not my all time favorite, but when they had those segments where he had a barbershop, as a kid, that was awesome and fun to watch. A lot more effort was put into building a character and theme. Seems like today they just walk into the ring and talk on the mic. I liked the sets and segments they had back then.

They had a lot more characters back then. Crazy ideas, not just all pretty boys as it seems to be today. Guys like IRS and Million Dollar Man, Golddust, Steamboat and Avalanche, Tomahawk, Big Boss Man, Ravishing Rick Rude.... that era was priceless.

I've been watching my way through WCW 96 for about the last year. Luger was so fucking over during that period in WCW. And the dude was freakishly strong. You look at how easily he lifted guys up into the rack and compare that to Cena straining to get guys up for the fireman's carry. Just no comparison. Luger was a freak.

I don't doubt he's a legend.

But for me the difference is he had one/some of the best matches ever.

The Show Stopper, Mr. Wrestlemania, The Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michales had THE best matches you will ever see in a ring.

Check out the mark. Holy shit.

I has a 70+ yo Vietnam Vet come into work they other day and we were tossing around the typical small talk when all of a sudden we're shooting the shit about old-timey wrestling.
It was so surreal. From Bruno Sammartino and Haystack Calhoun up to the NWO. I think that is the first time I've spoken about pro-wrestling to anybody other than my fellow Macho-Maniac back East since I was in middle school.

Back