Your favorite Wanderlei fight?

Wanderlei v. Rampage II
Wanderlei v. Fujita. Come on guys, he straight-up prison-raped a game heavyweight. Go watch it.

I have seen plenty, but for sheer joy, Jardine KO. I was so freaking pumped when he grabbed him by the throat and dropped rights til he went to sleep.

Wand and Page trilogy
Wand/Chuck

All of them lol. But I like the first Henderson fight a lot. Bit underrated it seems.

Easily Rampage II .

VS Stann it's garbage for me as Stann acted like an idiot who preferred to "impress" rather than win .

Vs Saku was also brutal and good wanderlei .

Rampage II
Leben (pure violence, could have gone either way)
Stann (pure violence, could have gone either way)

Easily Rampage II .

VS Stann it's garbage for me as Stann acted like an idiot who preferred to "impress" rather than win .

Vs Saku was also brutal and good wanderlei .

It seems like people are ignoring that Stann fought conservatively in the second round. There's tons of posts like this accusing Stann for losing because he fought too aggressive, while in reality Stann fought more cautiously in the second round.

It seems like people are ignoring that Stann fought conservatively in the second round. There's tons of posts like this accusing Stann for losing because he fought too aggressive, while in reality Stann fought more cautiously in the second round.

No he didn't , if he followed the proper game plan which was take down Wanderlei and GnP him instead of the "f*ck the defence , let's have a good old slugfest and pray that I KO him before he KO me" type of gameplan . That ended his career right there.Smart move he?

No he didn't , if he followed the proper game plan which was take down Wanderlei and GnP him instead of the "f*ck the defence , let's have a good old slugfest and pray that I KO him before he KO me" type of gameplan . That ended his career right there.Smart move he?

How was the second round a slugfest?

Violence? You wanna violence? Nothing, NOTHING in MMA history will beat Wanderlei X Rampage II.
100% agreed.

I don't think there's any image that captures MMA violence like Rampage unconscious on the ropes bleeding all over the place after eating 20 knees. It's beyond words.

After he beat Wand in their 3rd fight, Rampage admitted that he had nightmares about Wanderlei for years.

Both Rampage fights in Pride. Everyone remembers Page hanging off the ropes in the second fight, but I've never before or since seen someone take the series of knees and soccer kicks Wand hit Page with to end the first fight.

Love me some Wand but I got to go with the majority and say Silva vs. Jackson II. VIOLENCE!

When has Stann showcased any sort of desire to wrestle an opponent instead of strike with them? That's never been how he fought.

As far as pure violence goes-

Where he won: Rampage II or Fujita

Where he lost: Hunt

I still watch all of his fights regularly. What a showman who wanted to go out and kill his opponent (all the way up to the Lidell fight). Up to that point Wandy was a very special fighter not because of technique per se but that he wanted to win violently. One of the cool things is that after the fight (for the most part) he was pretty respectful to his fallen opponents. So aggressive that technique typically fell to his pressure.

Back