Your favorite Voodoo Witchdoctor remedies.

How could I forget this shit, thank Urban for reminding me in his cooky sports drink mixture:

Apple Cider Vineager - When I first saw this shit I was convinced it was just really expensive, hippy, vineager for people who didn't want the "non-natural" vineager. Little did I know. The most prominent thing I've seen it used for is aiding in digestion, a lot of people take a teaspoon first thing in the morning and say they have no more stomach acid problems basically at all. Also, most of the people in my store who compete, use it on their salads a lot.

AH SHIT! I forgot all about vineager! Alcording to the great Shen Ku the two most versatile things you can carry are aloe (in one form or another) and vineager. Brags apple cider vineager is the best I've found.

Yup, that's the one we sell all the time. Braggs Apple Cide Vineager, with THE MOTHER. lol I crack up everytime I see those bottles, "The Mother" in big bold print.

Everyone's familiar with the old jokes about how flower pollen, or pepper will cause you to go into sneezing fits? Fresh ground pepper(preferably not the old tinned stuff) on a spoonful of honey will help quell alot of sinus-irritation, like excessive fits of sneezing or allergy causing a runny nose.

A small amount of sugar and salt mixed and taken straight(I'm talking about 1/5 Tbsp. About half of a 'salt packet', and the equal amount of sugar) and followed with a few swallows of clean water will cure Diarrhea. Had a really bad stomach bug one time that had me doing water-shits for almost a week. Really bad dehydration, and such.. Ol' Nan' took some table salt from the shaker and put about the size of a dime on my palm, then did the same with sugar. Lick it up, drink some water, and you're almost guaranteed to get fixed up by the next time you have to drop trou.

A large teaspoon of nutmeg powder stirred into warm milk will help you collapse into dream land really well. Although Nutmeg in this quantity is pretty nasty to swallow down, when you've caught a sickness that prevents you from really being able to sleep well, it can help keep you under to get to those 'restorative' stages of sleep. If you've got nauseua and can't handle the dairy, warm water will also do alright.

The 'cowboy remedy' for bug bites, or heaven's forbid, snake or spider bites, is a fresh bit of moist tobacco applied over the wound, and tied down if you can help it. Avoid cigarette tobacco if you can, but it will work in a pinch. The standard method is a fresh bit of chewing tobacco, worked into a mix(in case you carry the sticks or logs, you actually want it ground up some, so chew it!). You don't want the tobacco to be soaked through, but 'damp' enough to stick to the skin.

This is a wonderful, wonderful thread. This exact home/traditional remedy stuff has been on my mind a lot recently, and I'm happy to contribute to this thread:

- Apple cider vinegar. I know it was mentioned above, but I wanted to add that it has a long history of use dating back to the Egyptians, who used it to improve circulation. Indian Ayurvedic physicians prescribed apple cider vinegar mixed with honey to improve digestion, revitalize skin, and stave off infection. Early Americans would drink the vinegar-honey combo much as we would lemonade, for a pleasant cool drink on a hot day.
The Chinese drink vinegar with honey to lower blood pressure. My parents both had moderately high blood pressure during their adult lives, but after drinking vinegar-honey regularly their BPs have gone down tremendously. I started drinking this last week and I'm hopeful that it will lower mine as well.

- Ginger is a proven anti-emetic, i.e. it decreases nausea and the incidence of vomiting (as KingKabuki said). Awesome stuff, it really works.

- Chinese green tea: loaded with antioxidants, decreases free radicals in the body, lowering inflammation throughout your system, the caffeine peps you up mildly, also will increase your basal metabolic rate slightly helping you lose weight.

There's plenty more but it escapes my mind at the moment. I love this thread.

King Kabuki said:
Nah, I've already been informed I make too many stickies. lol

this should be an exception!.. this and that "where to buy ur supplements" thread by madmick.. :wink:

or add it to that "interesting threads" sticky u got stickied right now.. :icon_chee

The 'cowboy remedy' for bug bites, or heaven's forbid, snake or spider bites, is a fresh bit of moist tobacco applied over the wound, and tied down if you can help it. Avoid cigarette tobacco if you can, but it will work in a pinch. The standard method is a fresh bit of chewing tobacco, worked into a mix(in case you carry the sticks or logs, you actually want it ground up some, so chew it!). You don't want the tobacco to be soaked through, but 'damp' enough to stick to the skin.

HA HA! This addition reminded me of the Soldier remedy for athlete's foot. And comedian Freddy Soto doing impressions of his overly Mexican father reciting the same thing. "Ahh mijo ju got atlete's foot, come 'ere lemme pee on dat for ju." So he bitches to his mom "Mom, Dad's trying to pee on my feet!" His mother replies: "Ohhhh ju got atlete's foot. Ju better let 'im." lol

I can see some cowboy now out on the frontier with his kid who gets some sort of mysterious bite and shows it to his father who has an over-abundance of chaw in his lip:

"Come 'ere boi lemme have a look-see at it....P-TOO!! 'Ere that oughtta do the triyick."

or add it to that "interesting threads" sticky u got stickied right now..

Not a bad idea, either I'll do it in a little bit or later on after I get off of work.

King Kabuki said:
HA HA! This addition reminded me of the Soldier remedy for athlete's foot. And comedian Freddy Soto doing impressions of his overly Mexican father reciting the same thing. "Ahh mijo ju got atlete's foot, come 'ere lemme pee on dat for ju." So he bitches to his mom "Mom, Dad's trying to pee on my feet!" His mother replies: "Ohhhh ju got atlete's foot. Ju better let 'im." lol

I can see some cowboy now out on the frontier with his kid who gets some sort of mysterious bite and shows it to his father who has an over-abundance of chaw in his lip:

"Come 'ere boi lemme have a look-see at it....P-TOO!! 'Ere that oughtta do the triyick."

Haha nice accent.

King Kabuki said:
HA HA! This addition reminded me of the Soldier remedy for athlete's foot... I can see some cowboy now out on the frontier...

That's pretty much it. If you're in a situation where Tobacco or Urine seems like a GOOD idea for curing an ailment, I'd rather have the knowledge available and at least some 'primitive' treatment, than none at all.

It sounds gross, it seems stupid, it's against what 'culture' has always taught you, but these things work, and I'd rather have the option, than get caught losing flesh on my leg, or meat from my foot.

That's pretty much it. If you're in a situation where Tobacco or Urine seems like a GOOD idea for curing an ailment, I'd rather have the knowledge available and at least some 'primitive' treatment, than none at all.

It sounds gross, it seems stupid, it's against what 'culture' has always taught you, but these things work, and I'd rather have the option, than get caught losing flesh on my leg, or meat from my foot.

Agreed, that's the whole notion behind starting this thread.

King Kabuki said:
9) Dr. Bonner's Castille Soap - This one is more of a man's soap. This shit is purely amazing, reason being you can do ANYTHING with it. You can bathe, wash your dishes, wash your car, wash your hair, and a Soldier who was buying it to take to Iraq even told me in desperate times in the middle of the desert some of the Soldiers will even brush their teeth with it, though it tastes like shit. So if you have a wife or girlfriend and don't want all these feminine soaps and shit around the house, turn her onto this stuff.
ok... this soap is quite possibly the best thing ever. REally, I thus far have used it to wash my clothes, dishes, and balls. and it has done a great job on all of it (though I did add some baking soda when washing my clothes). I got the peppermint castille soap, and while I would use a milder scented soap for many things (my clothes smell quite minty fresh) this is possibly the most versatile version. I just shaved with this soap and it worked great, the menthol in the peppermint oil gives you that cool face-shoved-in-a-bucket-of-ice sensation. The only problem so far is that it's not an antiseptic soap (but the tea tree version most definitely is and if it has menthol in it, it'll be my favorite). Buy a bottle and check it out, it's neat.

Those are the two that I use for everything. However I still use Tide.

Mix the two, peppermint and tea tree, works well for me.

I look forward to washing my balls with it.

I had two boils and they were painful as hell.

One one the back of my neck and the other right on my knee!

I didn't really do much for it besides hot compresses 4 or 5 times a day and then when it came to a head, I lanced it myself with a razor to let it start draining.

For ringworm, I always put a couple coats of nail polish and that usually does the trick.

This older dude at work tells me he eats dandelions and make dandelion tea. He said it cleans out your blood. whatever that means. I've also heard of other people eating dandelions too.

I stumbled across a hangover cure for anyone here who drinks occasionally and doensn't want to feel like crap the next day. What you do is brew a piece of the root from korean red ginseng in a tea before going to bed after you have been drinking. It has always worked for me and gotten rid of the effects of hangovers.

Another hangover remedy is Pedialite first-thing in the morning, 25 minutes and the hangover is usually gone.

It's not voodoo, but every EMT with a hangover hogs the oxygen tank on their rig first thing when they come on shift. I hear you can actually feel the hangover go away. Or, just fix your genetics: short of alchohol poisoning, I don't get hangovers. ever. could be that when I drink I get really hungry and I eat some wholesome fatty foods (burgers, sausages, chili, etc.), and I don't drink anything sweet (no mixed drinks)

Back