Your favorite Voodoo Witchdoctor remedies.

Urban said:
man did you ever just set of bullshit alarms all over my room. I have NEVER seen a pair of headphones that went down to 2hz, ESPECIALLY since humans can't hear below 8hz.
You're right. That should have been 20 Hz. Editing now.

Oddly enough I have found a brainwave generator program called... well brainwave generator. Free shareware version available at www.bwgen.com
do you think this shit really works?

I've had success with it, but of course that nasty thing called the placebo effect is always a possibility. And yeah, BW Gen is one of the better ones. A lot of outlandish claims get attached to it, but there is enough scientific data to verify that entrainment technology does what it claims, which is to entrain the brainwaves to certain frequency by the use of binaural beats. There is a lot of bullshit that goes with it though. Claims of astral projection and stuff.
The neat thing is the binaural beat. The way this works is that lets say you wanted 12Hz. In your left ear, a sine wave of 40Hz would be present. In your right ear, a 28Hz sine wave. The difference is 12 Hz, and your brainwaves will syncronize to the middle beat of 12 Hz, and a phantom sound, a warble, is heard that isn't actually on the recording. Its neat shit.
Your brain starts to play tricks on you on certain frequencies. The "ghost" frequency, for example, puts you on edge and it really feels like someone is watching you (around 15 hz, I think) While the high Beta levels (40) really increase focus.
You might be able to find Beta wave workout tapes, or like I said, you can make you own with a good sound editor. Just put the waves behind whatever music you are listening to.
By the way, this won't work without headphones.

Haha, and I thought the hypnosis to increase testosterone rage was weird.

Most pipe organs will play there lowest note in the 16hz range, which is mostly inaudiable, and it is thought that is why so many people feel an external presence during church. I wonder if that is where this "ghost" frequency comes from.

I am curious to as why would you want to synchronize your brave waves during sleep. I was under the impression, your most restorative part of sleep is REM sleep, which is not synonymous with sineusoidal or syncronized brainwave activity.

sleepstageeeg.gif

That is more representative of sleep stage 4, where you have the more slower sinusoidal wave activity as pictured.

Is the theory behind this you just listen to a tape to try to reduce stages 3,4 while falling asleep?

King Kabuki said:
We sell one of their Ginger beers, but I don't drink them because I try to avoid drinks with calories above 50.
i've tried one kind of ginger beer before, i couldn't finish it, it tasted like shit. And I love ginger too.

Herculean said:
tea tree oil is the shit

and lemon oil

has anyone here ever had like this certain tea , its called Kombucha Tea
i used to drink it when i was younger , i wouldnt mind getting it going again , it was really nice from what i recall.

Kombucha's awesome.

I have it every morning. Probiotics from mushrooms.

http://www.kombucha.org/

BoxingFanNoMore said:
Haha, and I thought the hypnosis to increase testosterone rage was weird.

Most pipe organs will play there lowest note in the 16hz range, which is mostly inaudiable, and it is thought that is why so many people feel an external presence during church. I wonder if that is where this "ghost" frequency comes from.

I am curious to as why would you want to synchronize your brave waves during sleep. I was under the impression, your most restorative part of sleep is REM sleep, which is not synonymous with sineusoidal or syncronized brainwave activity.

sleepstageeeg.gif

That is more representative of sleep stage 4, where you have the more slower sinusoidal wave activity as pictured.

Is the theory behind this you just listen to a tape to try to reduce stages 3,4 while falling asleep?
The tape I use goes in stages from Alpha to Delta levels. REM sleep is around the Theta level, so most of the tape is spent in that range. Your dreams become more vivid and you enter REM more times. Another neat side effect of this technology is the ability to enter lucid dreaming states with regularity if you are into that sort of stuff.
As far as the ghost frequency, it was "discovered" in an office that was supposedly haunted. A faulty air conditioner was kicking out a 15 Hz sound that basically freaked everyone out and made them think that ghosts were walking through them and shit. If you've ever played the Silent Hill games, you've probably heard this frequency. A few other games and movies supposedly put this on the audio track during spooky scenes to heighten fear.

Actually, this brainwave stuff is kinda fun. Went to sleep with a sleep reducer on last night and while it didn't reduce my need for sleep I did wake up feeling a bit more rested. And if one night doesn't prove it works, I don't know what will. In any event I'm listening to an energizing preset right now and (although it could be because I just woke up) I feel pretty damn good. hungry though.

In any event, I realize now this thread has come a week too late. A week ago, the emergen-c and oscilisoioicdjgfm reccomendations would have been great, cause like everyone and their mother was sick including me (and I don't get sick). anyways, maybe next time. Any ideas on how safe emergen-c and oscillicisomgdsm are for childeren (like 20 months?)

They make an Emergen-C for kids. I'm not sure about oscillo.

y'kno.. the benefits of ginger come in raw and pickled form as well.. first time i heard that it works in candied form.. isn't it cheaper to get raw ginger at the grocery store?.. hehe.. well this is a GREAT thread! ..

1 more thing to add:

COCONUT OIL (traditionally-made & unrefined) - i read a lot about it and decided to try it out... it's loaded with MCT's for sustained energy, caprylic acid to kill Candida molds and other bad bacteria in ur intestines, lauric acid to boost immune system, boosts metabolism and lowers cholesterol and regarded as the healthiest oil in the world... great for losing weight and healthy skin... (i recently had a pretty bad outbreak of acne and i added this with my fish oil and a multi-vitamin and my skin has since been clearing up of acne within a few days!).. :wink:

i bought a 1.5 gallons of virgin coconut oil off this site.. i highly recommend it!
http://www.healthytraditions.com/

another good brand is "garden of life".. those guys have the best of everything.. :D

Awesome addition Sudo...
eat it
drink it
jack off with it

that shits gold.

I don't know if its a voodoo remedy (I think most athletes know about it), but I learned from my grandmother to put Tiger Balm on most everything skin-related, ie sore muscles and bug bites.

supersudo said:
y'kno.. the benefits of ginger come in raw and pickled form as well.. first time i heard that it works in candied form.. isn't it cheaper to get raw ginger at the grocery store?.. hehe.. well this is a GREAT thread! ..

1 more thing to add:

COCONUT OIL (traditionally-made & unrefined) - i read a lot about it and decided to try it out... it's loaded with MCT's for sustained energy, caprylic acid to kill Candida molds and other bad bacteria in ur intestines, lauric acid to boost immune system, boosts metabolism and lowers cholesterol and regarded as the healthiest oil in the world... great for losing weight and healthy skin... (i recently had a pretty bad outbreak of acne and i added this with my fish oil and a multi-vitamin and my skin has since been clearing up of acne within a few days!).. :wink:

i bought a 1.5 gallons of virgin coconut oil off this site.. i highly recommend it!
http://www.healthytraditions.com/

another good brand is "garden of life".. those guys have the best of everything.. :D

My dad bought a property in the Dominican Republic from this 90 yr old doctor from the Netherlands. I guess the guy had a bunch of coconut trees imported to his place in Europe and coconut water is the only thing he ever drinks.

King, Ive never heard the egg shell thing, but I was told that if you want to get rid of acne you should take and egg yolk and cover you face with it. Peel it off once it dries. Do this once a day for a whole month and then once a month afterward. I haven't actually tried it, but my mom caught it in a Dear Abby article a number of years ago.

I should really try this.

works with oatmeal too. Cook some oatmeal, cover your face, let it dry (hey, go ahead and put some kenny g on and some cucumber slices over your eyes and relax) then chip it off. It's supposed to work great.

Hey guys....keep in mind Tea Tree Oil is also good for yeast infections in either sex :) Burns like hell at first...then a few minutes later....the itch is gone.

I'm not even going to ask how or why you know that Girljock, I don't want to convince myself that the "jock" in your name refers to any kind of itching or what have you.

Hey, how did you guys get a girl in your training forum?! We don't have any in S&P! that's not fair.

It's all about the magical properties of traditional medicines bro. There IS a reason you always see a Hippy Dude with a Hippy Girl nearby you know.

Back