Your favorite punching combo?

for me it's jab right straight left hook right straight move out then right straight again.

lead straight left (hand before foot) like Machida, hands go up and I throw a power hand right uppercut to the ribs. Usually he is inhaling so the floater is exposed. If he drops his hands go to the head or sweep him because his feet should be together.

I'm going to start subbing the jab for ONLY left hook leads and see how many times a session I can get countered by right hands...

Pictures to be forthcoming.

Your brave! That is bound to be a painfull study! But I am looking forward to the pics!

i like this one after a couple of rounds - sure to catch someone if they are tired

ducking overhand right, liver shot

Yes.

I also throw alot of 1,3,4. Specially when a guy keeps backing off the jab, that uppercut lands alot when they back off then duck the hook to their left.

left body roll weave to a right straight, left hook, right to the head or body.

jab-jab-teep-shuriken

just kidding.

My bread and butter combo is jab-cross (not a full cross, almost like a hanging feint) - rear RHK to lead leg. I use the returning cross as an arm crank (one of the few times I throw my arm for power). It works so well.
Note the trick is that the RHK is executed at the half beat. you can do it on the full if you wish, but it's not as effective. The cross can hit or not, but you don't twist fully into it. Just keep the eyes and hands busy while you send a bangkok boomerang to the lead leg.
Note that if you whip the cross down for power, you might get hit by a counter punch. It's one of the few times you are really vulnerable to that because your opponent could be in counterpunch mode. So turn the hips, lean a bit, and cover jaw with shoulder.

Back