Your favorite live performances

No video but I was there:

Tool, 2 days after 9/11 in Detroit, emotions were high, they opened up with the Grudge....the fucking Palace exploded.

No show can ever top that IMO

Too many to list all

Ones that stick out

Social Distortion 97 Tour
The Gaslight Anthem this past summer (both night in Toronto during their '59 Sound Tour)
G-N-R opening for Iron Maiden during 7th Son tour.
Metallica during And Justice For All Tour
AFI during the Sing the Sorrow Era
Rancid 1994 during Out Come the Wolves Tour
Rancid last year in Vancouver and Seattle
Iron Maiden World Slavery Tour (Calgary stop)
Good Riddance 2002 tour to support Symptoms of a levelling spirit (in a small club)
Testament, Megadeth (they toured with Judas Priest)
Pennywise during warped tour 2007 and that shit band paramore was on right before them and they were just getting boo'd and yelled at - everyone wanted to see Pennywise
The Suicide Machines 1998 tour

There is a reason you only ever hear the live version of Feel Like I Do by Peter Frampton.
Also Hotel California

Danzig when he first started doing Misfits songs again with Doyle several years ago. Never thought i would get to see it.
Henry Rollins and Keith Morrison doing Black Flag songs. There was no opening band, so Henry ended up doing a ton of songs, including Ramones covers. It was amazing.
Second time i saw Morrissey he started doing Smiths songs again. He sang 'there is a light that never goes out' and it was goddamn beautiful.

I like a lot of contemporary music, from indie rock to electronic music, metal (I was a huge metal head in my teens), jazz. But two of the best live performances I witnessed so far were from the "old dogs". Bruce Springsteen in 2006 and Paul McCartney in 2011. Both amazing shows and they both played for more than three hours.

Oh...and the mighty Maceo Parker in 2016

Every Alice gig I've been to deserves mention.
Hanoi Rocks at a little dive bar. Several Nick Cave performances.
The Nuge. Parliament-Funcadelic with an awesome line-up including Shider, Worrell, McKnight, Hampton. The Stooges. The New York Dolls. Supersuckers, Rev. Horton Heat and Nashville Pussy.

I don't like Jay Z or Linkin Park but this worked beautifully.

Pantera opened for Sabbath??<{MindBrown}> What a pairing!!
Ozzfest 97.....pantera, ozzy, sabbath.
Was absolutely ridiculous. Most fun I've ever had at a concert.

Wutang, RAM....another great concert.

Last edited:
This blew my fucking mind when I first came across it pre-tube days and it still does

Nightwish's End of an Era has to be up there, epic performance.
Of the shows I have been to Rammstein were the most mind-blowing. They have gorgerous special effects, stage precense and crowd control.

Keith Jarrett in Köln 1975, solo piano and completely improvised

Ritchie Blackmore soloing in Munich 1977 during Catch the Rainbow

Rory Gallagher playing "A Million Miles Away" in Ireland 1974 during a time when other musicians were boycotting due to IRA bombings

Warren Zevon's final performance, "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner", months after being diagnosed terminally ill with mesothelioma.

Fucking righteous fucks not playing Ireland because of the Ra??How about not playing England yous daft bastards?Anyway truly brilliant performance by Rory,his live gigs always were!!Mad props mate ☘️

Back