Your favorite fighters, when and why?

GSPFEDORLIDDELL

White Belt
Reaction score
When and why did your favorites become your favorites?
For me my top 3 would be
Gsp- When he fought Matt Hughes the second time mainly because how badly he dismantled the ww goat at the time.
Aldo- When he wrecked Faber that shit was just sick
Chuck Liddell- whenever he knocked out couture the 2nd time. Great rematch loved it

Belfort. When: he beat Telligman, and Why: because he's the Phenom.

Nick diaz. When I seen a ufc unleashed and he beat oishi and lawler. Than had an awesome fight with diego. His wins over gomi/daley were two of the happiest days of my life lol.

Edgar - When he beat Griffin, then really big fan when KO'd Bocek. He was undersized and outclassing fools.

Thiago Alves
Carlos Condit
Wand
Shogun
Old school Anderson
Alex Shlemenko
Jose Aldo

Liked them pretty much when I saw them fight, love me some aggressive, tough strikers :)

Forrest: He was just a "John Goodmn" (read as: good man) on TUF and always had an underdog feel to him so I couldn't help but think he was awesome

Anderson: The Leben fight. Watched it live, had never heard of him before and he did THAT and I was just like, "Yo, this guy is fuckin' dank, and he's dancing and smiling and having fun and shit. Fuck yeah."

I don't really have any idea who would be my number 3. All my other favorites are all kind of on equal footing. Maybe Machida. First cared about him around the time of the Tito fight because I've always hated Tito and Machida's karate was cool. Then the T. Silva KO was dank and then he gave us Rashadface and immediately became divine.

Chuck was the dude I was into first, but that's just because he was the big star when I came into it (2004). I still love him but he's not one of favorite favorites.

anderson

because no one excites you and does matrix shit in the cage like he did. And its normal

Saku. He didn't give a f**k.

Joachim Hansen. Dude's been in so many epic battles. His fight with Uno is the most underrated fight ever. Dem knees.

Recently got knocked out in like 15 seconds. Makes me sad.

Also Shogun.

It used to be Rampage back in the day, he pretty much is the main reason why I started watching MMA, his slam of Ricardo Arona did it for me.

fedor is my all time favorite. i enjoyed his style of fighting.

Jon Jones.

Became a fan after the Vera fight
Destroys legends
Love his fighting style(except the eyepokes)

Rousey because she is rowdy and would demolish guys like floyd and cain in a stand up exchange

Tank Abbott and Ken Shamrock were my favorites after I saw my friends UFC tape.
It was back in 96 or 97. It wasn't any particular event just bunch of fights. Like a best of.

After that I stopped watching MMA for 5-6 years. Tapes were really hard to find and they were too expensive for me at the time.
In 2002 channel called Eurosport begun showing old Pride FC events and I was hooked again. Wanderlei was smashing people almost every week on TV and it was impossible not to like him.

Anderson: The Leben fight. Watched it live, had never heard of him before and he did THAT and I was just like, "Yo, this guy is fuckin' dank, and he's dancing and smiling and having fun and shit. Fuck yeah."

Anderson as well for same reasons.

Second, Jon Jones when he dismantled Shogun. I'm not a fan of Shogun, I know he's a warrior but just always want to see him lose.

I don't really have a third favorite.

Top 5

Rashad
-Since TUF 2 I've been rooting for this guy. He's my favorite fighter and a personal inspiration of mine.

Cormier
-Became a fan a little before his fight with Monson. Well spoken. Humble. Dedicated. Hardworker/grinder.

Weidman
-Became a fan when he made his debut against Sakara. Became an even bigger fan when I found out he was a NCC alum while I was attending there. He came through when he won the title and I got to meet him. Cool dude.

Iaquinta
-I actually had class with him at NCC. Cool dude. Never acted macho. Never wore the Tapout or Affliction gear. Funny in class. I noticed his cauliflowered ears and asked if he boxed or did MMA. He gave me a business card and I looked him up. Instantly became a fan. I'm always rooting for him.

Evan Tanner
-I liked him from the first time I saw him. I became an even bigger fan when I ordered UFC 53 (which was my first PPV ordered when I was a teenager). Even when he lost, he was gracious in defeat and I always respected him and other fighters for that. It still bothers me how he died though. Wish the guy was still here.

Nick Diaz - The mentality, the confidence, he's everything a fighter should be. Also, entertaining as hell.

Rampage: Great fighter, had a personality, cut great promos and interviews back in the PRIDE days when I started watching.

Back