Your Favorite Fight That Ended in A Draw

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Simple concept. Most of the time draws leave the fans and fighters frustrated. Not having a clear winner and loser is lame, but sometimes a fight is so great and evenly fought that a draw seems the only reasonable way to score it.

The clear answer to this question for me is Hunt vs. Bigfoot 1. It's an absolute classic and kept the JBG satisfied for many fights to come.

What are some other awe-inspiring draws?

Frankie vs Gray II... Frankie died... came back a zombie... then almost stole the fight setting up another awesome fight.

Hunt vs. Bigfoot

Hunt vs Bigfoot 1 was certainly my favorite, but because you picked that, I'll say Cro Cop vs Silva their first fight, that was a good fight.

Frankie vs Gray II... Frankie died... came back a zombie... then almost stole the fight setting up another awesome fight.
Can't believe I didn't think of this one! It's definitely right there on the level of Hunt/Bigfoot. Good call, I guess that's why you're a mod!

(Even though officially not a draw, I remember the 5th round being quite one sided but whatever) Hendo Shogun 1
Edgar Maynard 2
Hunt Bigfoot 1
Johnson McCall 1
Woodley Thompson 1 (Yes, the first fight was quite alright)

Frankie grey 2. I suspected it would be a draw before scores announced.

A different ref and Grey's career trajectory could have been so much diffetent

Fury vs Wilder

or Yoel vs Whittaker 2
I wanted to mention Fury/Wilder but figured I'd keep it to MMA. IMO that fight was more dramatic and entertaining than any MMA fight. I'm sure that will be an unpopular opinion, but a classic boxing match is usually more enjoyable to me than a classic MMA fight.

I wanted to mention Fury/Wilder but figured I'd keep it to MMA. IMO that fight was more dramatic and entertaining than any MMA fight. I'm sure that will be an unpopular opinion, but a classic boxing match is usually more enjoyable to me than a classic MMA fight.

Yeah that shit was like nothing I've ever seen before. I was struggling to deal with the danger in that fight lol I wanted Fury to win so badly and Wilder just kept launching that missile at him.

By round 7 I actually calmed down because I saw Fury picking him apart and making him look silly. That 9th round got me back to the sweat zone and then holy shit that 12th round...

That may be the best round of boxing I've ever seen

But have you seen shogun vs hendo 1 and 2?

Well it depends on what you'd consider classic for MMA or Boxing.

The 3 biggest classic fights in my mind for boxing would be Ali Frazier 1, Gatti Ward 1, and Haggler Hearns. I'm not really sure what a classic would be defined as in MMA. Perhaps Hendo Shogun 1 and Lawler Rory 2 as the the top 2 fights of all time in MMA.

Yeah that shit was like nothing I've ever seen before. I was struggling to deal with the danger in that fight lol I wanted Fury to win so badly and Wilder just kept launching that missile at him.

By round 7 I actually calmed down because I saw Fury picking him apart and making him look silly. That 9th round got me back to the sweat zone and then holy shit that 12th round...

That may be the best round of boxing I've ever seen
Agreed. It was awesome to see Fury be a little more aggressive than usual. Watching that man box is just beautiful. Wilder also proved himself to be a much better boxer than many gave him credit for prior to the fight, but Fury was still boxing circles around him early. The last round was like shooting up pure adrenaline. I still had Fury winning, but after rewatching the fight I can actually understand how the scores ended up the way they did. I need to see them run it back though before either of them fights AJ - not like he's itching to risk fighting either of those 2 beasts.

But have you seen shogun vs hendo 1 and 2?
I have. Those are absolutely fantastic fights, it's just my personal opinion that I prefer great boxing matches over great MMA fights - it just seems less common for a boxing match to be amazing, and it seems like we get at least one incredible MMA fight on every card.

Well it depends on what you'd consider classic for MMA or Boxing.

The 3 biggest classic fights in my mind for boxing would be Ali Frazier 1, Gatti Ward 1, and Haggler Hearns. I'm not really sure what a classic would be defined as in MMA. Perhaps Hendo Shogun 1 and Lawler Rory 2 as the the top 2 fights of all time in MMA.
Yea a "classic" is totally subjective and what I consider a classic may not be the same as what you consider a classic. All those fights you mentioned would get the "classic" label from me, but watching live is obviously a much different experience than watching a replay (which I have done for the boxing you mentioned) and watching Fury/Wilder live got my blood pumping like nothing else. The drama, mixed with Fury's pure skill and Wilder's pure power, is what made it a classic for me.

Agreed. It was awesome to see Fury be a little more aggressive than usual. Watching that man box is just beautiful. Wilder also proved himself to be a much better boxer than many gave him credit for prior to the fight, but Fury was still boxing circles around him early. The last round was like shooting up pure adrenaline. I still had Fury winning, but after rewatching the fight I can actually understand how the scores ended up the way they did. I need to see them run it back though before either of them fights AJ - not like he's itching to risk fighting either of those 2 beasts.

I really want to see Wilder vs Joshua. Two big mother fuckers who hit like tanks

Whoever lands first goes to sleep lol just sucks that the fight will end up in the UK so we'll have to watch this shit in the afternoon. I like when fights are at like 1 AM here

I have. Those are absolutely fantastic fights, it's just my personal opinion that I prefer great boxing matches over great MMA fights - it just seems less common for a boxing match to be amazing, and it seems like we get at least one incredible MMA fight on every card.

Yea a "classic" is totally subjective and what I consider a classic may not be the same as what you consider a classic. All those fights you mentioned would get the "classic" label from me, but watching live is obviously a much different experience than watching a replay (which I have done for the boxing you mentioned) and watching Fury/Wilder live got my blood pumping like nothing else. The drama, mixed with Fury's pure skill and Wilder's pure power, is what made it a classic for me.
<mma4>

BJ-Uno 2 was a solid old school fight.

Back