Your favorite BJJ/Grappling matches?

I'm soo gonna get bashed for this.

Bravo v Royler

Also Hall v Glover was awesome

Mendes vs. Cobrinha from ADCC last year.

Love watching Ary Farais fight too and Ricardo and Leo Vieira.

I remember watching Roger Gracie vs. Werdum too and enjoying it loads.

One from the ladies: Michelle Nicolini vs. Leticia Ribeiro from the 2009 Mundials. I love Nicolini's guardwork and Leticia's top game. I watch it every couple of weeks and always learn something new.

Straight up grappling- I've always enjoyed the hell out of the Serra/Gomi match from ADCC 2001, and just about anything Marcello does (case in point- his effortless shutdown of Aoki, which basically amounted to Aoki pulling Rubber Guard, Marcello going "Cool story bro" and getting his back to sink in the RNC) and Rumina Sato's Combat Wrestling matches.

MMA- Nakamura vs. Bogdon Christa.

Wallid chokes out Royce in Brazil sport BJJ match. A big deal at the time.

Wallid chokes out Royce in Brazil sport BJJ match. A big deal at the time.

That was an artificial big deal.

Royce, who I respect greatly and who can utterly destroy me with both hands tied in his belt, isn't really world class in BJJ. He's more of a face, the name that brought the art to the U.S.

I don't think it's particularly stunning that Wallid choked him out. Great match and good for Wallid, but not really stellar.

Marcelo vs Sanchez.
Great fight, check it out on youtube.

All the jacare/Roger matches, Arona/almeida always delivers. Newton/saku is epic.

For MMA I go with Buscape vs. Azerado from Bushido 6.

Straight up grappling - either of my 2 submissions wins from the tournament I won! (I won the third match on points).

Back