Your Favorite Artwork ?

You would love the cathedral in the city I live in, Cologne Germany... check this out:
Nice pics.

The Cologne Cathedral is one of my favorites. I hope to see it in person some day. I imagine that it is mind-blowing in person.

It's hard for me to chose a favorite...but these are my four favorite artists and some of my favorite works of theirs.

Yoshitaka Amano
Some of you may know this mans work from the Final Fantasy series.

Really interesting piece. I would hang this in my house.

Some great art in here:
I really used to like Dali: but I think I'm a bit over it. I see it everywhere and I guess it's lost some of it's appeal to me since I first saw his work in high school 15 years ago.

as far as home decor goes: I really do like Starry night and The scream, I want to get these two paintings for my place. They have a similar brush stroke style but I think the colors would maybe clash if they were in the same room. (depends on how I went about it I suppose)

Right now in my living room I have a pop culture theme to match my red leather sofas and more modern black and silver furniture: these are a few of my currents:

sdarling_vs__roy_lichtenstein_by_sdarling-d4e0v6g.jpg

Marilyn.jpg

cow-1976-pink-purple-by-andy-warhol

random stuff but it works I suppose

I also have this above my TV:

bob_marley_dread-fly.jpg

and this above my bar:

$(KGrHqJ,!noE9fq0Mon)BPcj5Rds1!~~60_35.JPG

I also really like the black and white Dali photograph with the naked women that form the skull, well done imo

Absolutely correct. Adam Hughes and guys like Frank Cho draw almost directly from Alphonse Mucha, who is very representative of Art Nouveau. Also considering that much of Mucha's works were commissioned for advertisements, events, etc., he was something of a pop culture artist of his day.

Interesting. I bought an illustration/text book of his not too long ago. I was instantly amazed by his skills. The facial expressions, colors, details and overall harmony in his works are just brilliant. And combining fine art with commerce is just brilliant too and shows his confidence and indepedence.

Interesting. I bought an illustration/text book of his not too long ago. I was instantly amazed by his skills. The facial expressions, colors, details and overall harmony in his works are just brilliant. And combining fine art with commerce is just brilliant too and shows his confidence and indepedence.

I've always like his use of space.

These were advertisements back in the day:

Alphonse_Mucha_-_Job_Cigarettes_1.jpg

alphonse_mucha_shop_postcard_job_big.jpg

And just to bring it around, here's another Star Wars piece that will look familiar if you're into Mucha.

leai_nouvea_prints_by_khallion-d41ndqq.jpg

Very nice! Yeah, I meant the spacial use with the harmony. It makes everything just fit right.

Should be done on suede, imo.

That is St Bartholomew wearing his flayed skin :eek:

:rolleyes:Apparently you woke up way too serious this morning.

I understand what it actually is, and have been to Milan, despite dropping out of Art School twice.

Lots. Too many to list here, but these have captured my attention latelty. Recently discovered "Broadway Boogie Woogie" by Piet Mondrian.

562979024_45e192d265.jpg

I don't know who made this, but it's a model built around a real cascade-style bonsai:

tumblr_lzg00hhm281r2ate4o1_500.jpg

Bought a print of this Wu Guangzhong painting last month:

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-14%20at%2012.14.05%20AM.png

This is an artist from Maine named Tim Gagnon. Known for painting amazing clouds. Here's a cool time lapse.

This is an artist from Maine named Tim Gagnon. Known for painting amazing clouds. Here's a cool time lapse.

I'm working on a new painting (4'x7')for my brother's new house that will have clouds

So this was particularly interesting -thanks.

I've always like his use of space.

These were advertisements back in the day:

Alphonse_Mucha_-_Job_Cigarettes_1.jpg

alphonse_mucha_shop_postcard_job_big.jpg

And just to bring it around, here's another Star Wars piece that will look familiar if you're into Mucha.

leai_nouvea_prints_by_khallion-d41ndqq.jpg

Love Art Nouveau !

Back