Your experience with ordering a UFC PPV on your laptop?

blocnoir

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What's up guys

I usually order UFC PPVs to watch them live on TV, however I'm considering ordering it on UFC.com for tomorrow's card.

What's your experience there for those who watch them this way. Is it laggish or working well?

Thanks

Do you like white or yellow cheese on you publix sub?

why?

i ordered one years ago and wouldn't do it again due to some lag. nothing horrible, but if you can order on the tv do that.

Can anyone refresh my memory- can I re-watch the event if I order the PPV online?

For some reason I feel like I was able to do that for events that I ordered online before.

I've wondered the same thing. Likewise with an Xbox.

I'm assuming it's decent if you're internet is super fast, but laggy if you have mediocre interwebz.

What's up guys

I usually order UFC PPVs to watch them live on TV, however I'm considering ordering it on UFC.com for tomorrow's card.

What's your experience there for those who watch them this way. Is it laggish or working well?

Thanks

It works pretty well. I will be ordering it this way tomorrow since i'm traveling. A tiny bit of lag but if you have a good connection you can watch it in pretty good HD quality

I'd like an answer as well. Will be watching the Ravens-Steelers game and would like to watch both at the same time.

I think the best other way is by ordering it on phone/Ipad/tablet and stream it to chromecast

I ordered from ufc.com before and watchted on my pc (few yrs ago). it was fine for me. don't remember too many lags, etc. overall it was ok from my experience. as long ur internet speed is fine, no worries.

why?

i ordered one years ago and wouldn't do it again due to some lag. nothing horrible, but if you can order on the tv do that.

Thx

I would just order it on TV but I won't have access to one, hence the reason why I considered this avenue.

Make sure you have a decent internet connection, at least 15-20 Mbps, and the HD quality is going to be pretty good. It may lag on a slower connection.

If I remember I ordered a ppv online and it was pretty good. I was at a motel on the road and couldn't find a bar so it wasn't even the fastest internet but it still been barely ever lagged. They also had a cool feature where you could select your camera angle. Coolest thing of the whole experience.

They also had a cool feature where you could select your camera angle. Coolest thing of the whole experience.

You can also select corners to listen to between rounds. And with a professional sound card you can filter out speech (Rogan and Goldie) and put music in the background. Sometimes I order it online and watch it on my 27' monitor for those reasons, if none of my friends want to watch the PPV.

best way to order imo. get the payment out of the way so u don't get a huge cable bill at the end of the month. I still use my hdmi cord to hook it up to my tv. I haven't had any problems.

Can anyone answer my question regarding whether you can re watch?

I like to watch big fights more than just the one time live and this one is a fight that (depending how it goes) I could see wanting to see a few times.

I ordered BJ vs GSP II and Wandy vs Rampage PPVs back in the day and I feel like I was able to pause, rewind, rewatch whatever I wanted.

Let me know, and if you want to be really cool, pm me, since I may forget to check back in this thread.

Thanks

Can anyone answer my question regarding whether you can re watch?

I like to watch big fights more than just the one time live and this one is a fight that (depending how it goes) I could see wanting to see a few times.

I ordered BJ vs GSP II and Wandy vs Rampage PPVs back in the day and I feel like I was able to pause, rewind, rewatch whatever I wanted.

Let me know, and if you want to be really cool, pm me, since I may forget to check back in this thread.

Thanks

You may get one replay and that's it. When they first had the Lesnar PPV on Xbox I think that was just one bite of the apple though.

Mine has been perfect the one time I did it in September. I have Fios.

And yeah, you can replay it for 24 hours IIRC.

I ordered on my laptop once, because I have no cable and do everything else on the laptop.

It was fine on the computer, but when I hooked it up to the TV it was choppy. Could just be that the vid card couldn't handle it... but I wouldn't do it again unless I was going to watch straight on the laptop, which is unlikely for me because I only buy if I have a group of guys.

Back