Your experience of the Police.

I've worked with police in ER situations, bringing people into the hospital who were freezing outside behind the VA.
They do this nightly during the winter and that's just one if the great services they provide.
They also comfort and protect battered women. I've seen a lot of black eyed, frightened victims come in leaning on officers.

I show respect and they show it back. I know know it’s a crazy idea these days. I was actually just given a warning after being pulled over driving a 3 figure car (my dads) without my license (left it in my car).....and I look Latino as fuck. I check my ego, I say yes sir/no sir and I’m on my way. If I want to talk shit I’ll do it miles down the road

The point is showing respect to a group of people that are performing a thankless job, probably under a significant amount of stress, and have the power to shoot your ass is probably the best way to go about it, so far it has worked for me

Not good. In my youth they were all over me for no legit reason. Just looks, stereotyping, etc I guess. I'm pretty much still pissed off about it decades later.

I don't break any laws so I haven't had any negative experiences with them.

Well I've had at least 10 negative experiences with them, and have never even been close to being arrested.

Have always been treated well by the police when I treated them with respect. The only times I've seen them get nuts is with other people that I'm with. My friend had a copy screaming at the top of his lungs trying to get my friend to admit that we took the long way out of the subdivision to avoid him. When in reality my friend just didn't feel like U turning and we were in no rush.

When I was 12 a cop spit on my friend who was about 13-14 because he called the cop something don't remember what he said to him anymore. They stopped us cause we were riding are bikes on school grounds. Honestly though I can't remember if that was a dream or not anymore.

I’ve had the whole spectrum. I got pulled over for speeding when I was 16 (first time ever getting pulled over). And the cop didn’t even approach my car. I got my liscense out nervously before seeing the cop in my rear view mirror squatting behind his car door with his gun drawn pointed my direction, and him ordering me out of the car at gun point. He then handcuffed me and searched my car (found nothing), before another cop showed up and told him to relax and that I was just a young kid. He wrote me a basic speeding ticket and I was on my way.
I’ve got pulled over once by a state trooper on my way back to college, and the cop asked me nothing other than if I was going to eat the sandwich I had sitting on the passenger seat. I gave it to him, and he just told me to slow down and let me on my way. I got a ticket for 7 mph over the speed limit, after being berated by the cop like I had just robbed a bank.

I’ve also had a few very easy and pleasant interactions with police officers, where they were calm and understanding. Cops are people, you’re going to get the whole spectrum of personality types.

Last edited:
Whats the point?

Yall just gon tell me im lying.

Mostly good tbh with the exception of a couple of bad interactions when I was teenager.

My opinion is that 90% of cops are great people trying to do good work. The problem is they also cover up for the 10% and that's what gives them all a bad name

Pretty limited. Only few bad experiences but considering the area, the circumstances, and the crime they (falsely) accused me I let it go after they let me go.

But then again, my strategy is to not put myself in a situation where I’ll meet them (on the wrong side) in the first place.

Growing up in NY the guy who lived across the street from my Aunt was a NYPD narcotic detective. He was the most racist person I ever met. He talked to my cousins and I and go on and on dropping n-bombs.

My personal experiences have been fine.

I’ve worked with police on many occasions. I’m always amazed at how sharp they are at sussing out crime. They’ll notice these subtle signs that most people don’t see, and their intuition is usually correct. Overall, County sheriffs seem to be much brighter than city cops, and feds are smarter than all of them. That said, they’re a vindictive bunch. Don’t make them look stupid or they’ll find a way to get you. Many of them have temper problems too, so tread lightly.

The only times they've been anything other than polite were times that I didn't even get tickets (warnings). Even then, when they were trying to make up for a lack of penalty by being more forceful, it has never amounted to more than a "stern lecture."

In my experience a cop has never helped me in any significant way, whether I had been attacked by a group of people , or when my house was raided and my mother was punched in the face during said incident.
They have only been there to hurt me .

So I see the importance of cops in theory but in my reality they offer no real service of protection.

Mixed bag. I've had a small amount of exchanges where I found the officer unreasonably discourteous, even when I sought them out. I've trained martial arts with one and he was very nice and knowledgeable. They're generally polite when I'm walking past them on the street or during parades but then I'm either wearing a suit or with the wife and kid.

I guess I could summarize my experience with the police as when I'm by myself or with my male friends and wearing casual urban wear, it's touch and go. In other circumstances, they're generally fine.

I'm the same citizen in both circumstances so clearly it's based on my appearance at the time. That can be stressful since I'm a sweatpants and sneakers type of dude.

I’ve worked with police on many occasions. I’m always amazed at how sharp they are at sussing out crime. They’ll notice these subtle signs that most people don’t see, and their intuition is usually correct. Overall, County sheriffs seem to be much brighter than city cops, and feds are smarter than all of them. That said, they’re a vindictive bunch. Don’t make them look stupid or they’ll find a way to get you. Many of them have temper problems too, so tread lightly.

That you're not an attorney has never been more obvious than it is now. @Quipling

I’ve never had a problem except as a kid with speeding tickets

I did have one specific town be a problem, not just me either. It got to he point everyone knows the whole town is a speed trap and drives an extra ten minutes to avoid it. We drove through it on Saturday, after telling my wife to go another way I know to drive around the whole city, and predictability the second it became a 35 zone she got pulled over (after telling me I was stupid for wanting to drive further to get around the city, and by that I mean barely finished her sentence. Was satisfying) for 47 in a 35. Which means he clocked her in the 45 and pulled her over just barely inside the 35 zone. So fuck those guys. Otherwise all have been fine

Well TS, I can't say they were on my radar as a band to watch in my early teens. It was only later that I learned to appreciate their sound and by then it was too late to see them in their glory.

Never had a problem with them except when I was a dumb kid doing dumb shit and I deserved what I got.

It's amazing to me that there are adults who aren't able to admit when they fuck up.

I’ve never had a problem except as a kid with speeding tickets

I did have one specific town be a problem, not just me either. It got to he point everyone knows the whole town is a speed trap and drives an extra ten minutes to avoid it. We drove through it on Saturday, after telling my wife to go another way I know to drive around the whole city, and predictability the second it became a 35 zone she got pulled over (after telling me I was stupid for wanting to drive further to get around the city, and by that I mean barely finished her sentence. Was satisfying) for 47 in a 35. Which means he clocked her in the 45 and pulled her over just barely inside the 35 zone. So fuck those guys. Otherwise all have been fine

There's a township called Eastborough like that in Wichita, KS. It's completely surrounded by Wichita and it's sometimes more convenient to drive through it than go around. But same thing, the speed drops from 35 to 20 and the cops are waiting.

I was okay with them, right until they tazed me for not following orders when I was passed out asleep. And then arrested me based entirely on the word of my ex without a shred of evidence, hit me with charges on her same word (which she was already changing), and oh yah! Tried to keep questioning me even after I invoked my right to council.

I used to be on their side, not so much anymore.

Back