Your Competition record...mine's awful

Never seeing yourself training you sometimes get a false sense of where you stand relative to others..

Exactly. I was talking to my team about this recently. I think it's good for everyone to tell everyone else what it feels like to roll with them.
I know how strong Dan is, how hard it is to pass Perry's guard, what it FEELs like to roll with so and so, but I have noooo clue what I feel like, how "fast" I am, how "strong", I am, or anything like that besides that I "do that f*****ing kimura all damn the time", lol ^_^

Because most of the people with losing records are like 1-4, they rarely compete, and they don't care enough about BJJ to spend half their day on Sherdog. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

With anonymity on the Internet, there's also a lot of embellishing that occurs.

Just go ahead and do it. Maybe you'll get another fat guy.
You're right, of course-- I would learn much more from a loss than in steamrolling three or four guys. I will talk with my coach about this.

1-1 in MMA. Lost my first fight by sub and won my next fight by UD.

2-1 Kickboxing.

15-2 No Gi

How is it that everyone who competes has a winning record? Lol

- People don't like talking about their losing records
- F12 users are probably more dedicated than normal hobbyists

But if it makes you feel better I recently got promoted, which means I'm going to be molested in my next few tournaments.

With anonymity on the Internet, there's also a lot of embellishing that occurs.

Perhaps, though BJJ records are pretty hard to track anyway. I did initially overstate mine before thinking harder. Not so much my success record as how many matches I've had. It's fewer than I would have guessed off the top of my head.

ah neat i actually keep track of my tournament results.

I'm currently 39-38 overall in the gi. 17-28 at blue, so yeah, i've had a bit of a bad streak.

17 matches were finished by points (counting wins and losses), and of my 39 wins, 32 of them were submissions.

I guess you could say I go for the finish, regardless of whether it's for my opponent or myself.

I don't enjoy competing nogi, but for the sake of posting it, i'm 0-3 in nogi, all losses by sub.

But if it makes you feel better I recently got promoted, which means I'm going to be molested in my next few tournaments.

I had the opposite experience of most. When I got my purple I did extremely well, but later in my purple career I haven't had the same success.

Eh I don't remember exactly 3 brutal losses though.

I had a cool KO though.

g3hbt.gif

Last edited:
BJJ and Nogi I'm 85-30 with 59 wins by submission. I had a terrible first year at Brownbelt but 2014 was much better. I had never medaled at IBJJF until this past year. Bronze at Vegas Spring open, Silver at Vegas Summer Open, and Bronze at Master Worlds.

1-0 in MMA by UD

I've kind of fallen behind, but as of a couple of years ago, 272 W (176 SUBS) - 138 L (29 SUBS) - 2 D.

I will update it at some point. I'd estimate I have another 85 matches at black belt to add to that. But that will be a long day to go back through all my videos. Yessir.

2 wins (ezekiel, points) 1 loss (points) in gi
2 wins (americana, points) 1 "l" (shit tourney, was slammed 3x in a row guy wasnt dqed and hurt my back) no gi

I've kind of fallen behind, but as of a couple of years ago, 272 W (176 SUBS) - 138 L (29 SUBS) - 2 D.

I will update it at some point. I'd estimate I have another 85 matches at black belt to add to that. But that will be a long day to go back through all my videos. Yessir.

Holly shit that is almost 500 matches. That is insane! I can tell you hate competing.

Back