Your BJJ Goals

KaosX

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What are you looking to accomplish in BJJ? Becoming good at guard passing or attaining a certain position?

Maybe you want to get your stripes, or a certain belt.

Maybe you want to lose weight...

Discuss here:

My goal was/is to lose weight, I'm down 50 already. The more BJJ I do the more a tournament interests me. So I've set a goal of competing for the first time when I hit the six month mark in my training - happens to fall during the week of my 26th birthday as well. So I'm studying up and drilling and watching videos and obviously going to class.

Short term:
Tighten my game by analyzing all my weaknesses and coming up with a clear strategy/technique for each.

Learn bjj. Become healthier and share my knowledge in the future while enjoying the ride.

My long term goal is to be training/teaching when I'm 60.

Short term goal is to finish triangles. I'm 6'1 and 175lbs and I'm not good at triangles. Something does not compute.

Win some tournaments at each belt level. Hopefully attain a black belt and maybe teach some classes.

My original Goal was to lose weight, I have lost 30lbs and still have 80 to go, yes I am fat. Honestly my long term goal is to be good and teach my kids an art that I have become very fond of. A little color on belt wouldn't hurt either(only 3 months in).

My original Goal was to lose weight, I have lost 30lbs and still have 80 to go, yes I am fat. Honestly my long term goal is to be good and teach my kids an art that I have become very fond of. A little color on belt wouldn't hurt either(only 3 months in).

30 lbs in 3 months is pretty awesome. congrats bro

This changed my life so drastically for the better, I feel it necessary to help other people grow and benefit from jiujitsu.
I can't lie- I like to scrap, too; I'll be competing as long as my body holds up.

30 lbs in 3 months is pretty awesome. congrats bro

Thanks Brother. I wasn't having the best time the 1st 2 weeks as I was grossly out of shape. I made friends and they helped me better my cardio and now I can hang a bit better than I did before.
I used to be a runner when I was in college but when I graduated and my knees started to bother me I stopped, I ballooned to 340lbs, but lost 30lbs prior to BJJ and now I am sitting on 280lbs trying to lose 10lbs a months is my goal.

Of course I want my Blackbelt.... Other than being able to train when I'm old and gray, I would like to be able to articulate BJJ in a way that I could teach it and one day have my own school....

My goals:

-Having a strong bottom game, especially from the guard.

-Tapping out certain teammates in live rolling with proper technique, or in a tournament if we end up facing each other.

-Being able to execute a triangle choke in live rolling. It's the one move that would fit my guard game perfectly, but I just can't use to get a clean, proper choke.

-Finishing the straight ankle lock more often. It's a move that people always seem to ignore.

-Losing enough weight to fight below pesad

teach my grandchildren how to defend themselves, like a BJJ Miyagi...

BJJ has given me a new outlook on life. I'm a happier person.

Short-term: Learn survival (as described in Saulo Ribiero's book).

Long-term: Earn black belt and share my knowledge with others.

Be a good, active role model to my kids. Lead a healthy and happy life. Share jiu jitsu with others.

Someday I would like to pursue jiu jitsu full time - if only briefly. The way things are looking, I'll be an old man before that happens. I am 100% okay with that.

Short term: purple belt within one year of today's date. Maybe compete in one major tournament (mundials, pan ams,) while I am still a blue belt.

Short term. Earn my purple belt within the next year. That would be a major accomplishment for me. Off topic: I'm waiting until I get my purple belt to get my Jiu-Jitsu tattoo!

Long term. Earn my blackbelt which I will do barring some injury or circumstance that literally forces me not to train anymore (hope that never happens). Open my own school and win Win Mundials at the blackbelt level. Lofty goals but I'm dedicated.

My goals when I started BJJ (jan 2010) were to get my blue belt before 2011 or to win gold at any BJJ comp. My first comp is 9-25-10 in Denver.

Back