Your best movie theatre experiences

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw "The Spy who shagged me" opening night and the crowd was laughing so hard. Buncha die hard Austin Powers fans it was great.

Saw T2 very close to opening night at a small theatre in Oregon. There was actually a buzz of excitement and everyone was loving it. I never felt so exhilerated after a film before.

I remember Jurassic Park being super loud for the T-Rex scene and I get chills just thinking about it.

I saw Vanilla Sky and there's a line that Cameron Diaz? keeps saying several times "he fucked me 5 times" and someone yelled out when it was quiet "should have fucked her 4 times" which got a big laugh...

What are some of your fond memories of watching movies at the theatre?

I guess with Ep 7 on the horizon, time to share an experience. I may have shared this one already in a similar thread, but will again.

Star Wars Episode 1, opening weekend. Myself and two other friends had tickets for a saturday 9pm showing, however we also attended an end of school year party shortly before that. I laid off the booze knowing I'll be driving, but my other buds let loose.

We eventually left the party and headed over to the theater. We were all amped up us being big star wars fans. As we got our tickets and headed towards the screen, the crazier friend got a too pumped up about seeing the movie that he yelled "Fk yeah, Star Wars!" when he saw a cardboard promotional thing for Ep 1. Then he goes crazy and sees like one of the managers with his back turned, heading down the hall. My bud has the bright idea to run and hop on his back like a reverse Lou Thesz press, and rode him down, knocking down the promotional material.
dc4241d3d3a9d236ec36862bdeee0bc0.213x120x162.gif

As the manager recovered, myself and my other friend got the crazy one off the ground and quickly went into the theater to hide. We decided to sit in different places as to not make it easy for management to locate him. Didn't work and minutes into the flick, cops showed up with flashlights and discovered him. They pulled him out. I went out to explain his actions, saying we were just excited about graduating and for star wars that he went over board. Ultimately, the manager didn't press charges or kick him out. Let us stay and enjoy the movie.

ate a pot brownie before cloverfield and I literally felt like I was in the movie, it was epic and trippy as fuck I was SO into it.

superbad was awesome cause everyone in the theater was laughing

the dark knight was super epic in Imax, it was super quiet and intense when it was first starting and my buddy whos like 6'6" and 250 lb stood up and yelled in the girliest most childish voice "go batman!!!" and everyone in the theater burst out laughing hahaha

Probably getting jerked off during that film "murcury rising" back when I was in high school...

Went to a "Gold Pass" or some such theater in either Australia or Tasmania (can't remember which). Had a private lounge where you could order your drinks/dinner that would be brought in about 15 minutes after the movie starts. Each room had about 60ish (iirc) large, plush reclining Lazy Boy chairs that had side tables affixed with wine chillers.

I spent a shitload of money there considering it was just for a movie, but it was worth it.

Or getting absolutely shitfaced while watching gravity in 3d here in China.

Aunt brought me to see Last of the Mohicans when I was a kid and I kept sprinting up and down the isle throughout the entire movie.

I'd be mortified if someone tried whacking me off in the cinema. I could only hope I'd be the only person getting covered in splooge, otherwise I'd probably be dealing with some very angry parents

I got a sick BJ many times in a movie theater.

Ahh to be in your 20s again.

I'd be mortified if someone tried whacking me off in the cinema. I could only hope I'd be the only person getting covered in splooge, otherwise I'd probably be dealing with some very angry parents

buzz kill.

I got a sick BJ many times in a movie theater.

Ahh to be in your 20s again.

LMAO...my theater experiences were in my 30's. I guess that is what I get for getting married in my 20's.

I was this close || to smoking a cigarette during Fargo. My buddy and I were the only two in the theatre and we wanted to smoke so bad but we didn't want to get kicked out of Fargo. Kinda wish we lit up, still something I want to do even though I dont smoke anymore.

I ain't gonna lie, Clerks 2. Theater was empty except for myself and seven of my friends (and 2 strangers), and we laughed our asses off at the juvenile humor.

Pussy troll, ftw!

Either Interstellar, MacGruber or Jackass 3. The Interview is up there too.

Midnight Showing of the original Paranormal Activity back before it was released worldwide. We waited in line for about 2 hours and made friends with the people in front of us. Once we got in the theater was packed but it was a great crowd, no unnecessary screaming or teens shouting things out trying to be funny.

Avengers. Simple plot but could be very exciting at times. There was a large crowd that would go crazy at the exciting parts (especially the Hulk parts) which increased the excitement for me.

Midnight Showing of the original Paranormal Activity back before it was released worldwide. We waited in line for about 2 hours and made friends with the people in front of us. Once we got in the theater was packed but it was a great crowd, no unnecessary screaming or teens shouting things out trying to be funny.

I saw Paranormal Activity 2 in a theater with a crowd. I saw the first Paranormal Activity by myself in a dark room in the middle of the night. Hands down, seeing the first Paranormal Activity in the dark by myself was the better experience. It really made me a bit paranoid after the movie.

Seeing the 2nd one in a crowded theater took away from the creepiness of the film. Hard to feel scared when there are people all around you who make noise whenever something happens.

I saw Paranormal Activity 2 in a theater with a crowd. I saw the first Paranormal Activity by myself in a dark room in the middle of the night. Hands down, seeing the first Paranormal Activity in the dark by myself was the better experience. It really made me a bit paranoid after the movie.

Seeing the 2nd one in a crowded theater took away from the creepiness of the film. Hard to feel scared when there are people all around you who make noise whenever something happens.

Never been able to make it all the way through the 2nd one, still imo one of the worst horror films in the last 20 years.

Aunt brought me to see Last of the Mohicans when I was a kid and I kept sprinting up and down the isle throughout the entire movie.

Got a blowie while watching Finding Nemo at the Drive In.

Absolutely hate movie theaters. I was there when Pee Wee Herman got arrested and The Dark Knight Rises in Colorado. Got shot it in the head both times.

Back