Your best movie theatre experiences

Probably Scream. Was super busy at the time and hardly had time for TV even (hadn't even seen a trailer for the film). I hadn't gotten into the horror genre yet, was quite young still but found myself with nothing to do one afternoon so went to a Matinee. I think I was either alone in the theatre or there might have been 1 or 2 others at the back. I sat near the front and in the middle. I was absolutely blown away by the film and went on to watch as many horror films as I could (my favourite genre was born).

And Scream was very, very good when it came out - still is today IMO.

Watching TDKR the day after the stuff in Colorado was pretty exhilarating. The Avengers was fun, good crowd. Watching Freddy vs Jason with my dad when i was younger was cool, also Friday After Next with him was fun. I watched the recent SpongeBob movie and was the only one in the theater, so getting a private screening was cool.

Idk really know my best experience overall, my top 5 or so were pretty cool.

Probably a cliche answer but The Dark Knight

My god was that insane in theaters.

Also, Signs, and The Prestige

Kudos to who listed Scream. Wes Cravens original Scream is one of my favorite Horror flicks.

The Conjuring was also fun, there were 2 teenage girls in front of me who were terrifed. Spiderman with Toby was really fun too, i was in elementary school and i saw a few of my friends there with their parents. It was packed. The most packed tho had to be the first Scooby Doo, big ups to my dad for taking me to so many movies as a kid.

Worst would be Dawn of the Planet of the Apes because some loud mouthed lady was commentating the entire movie, trying to be cool in front of her friends i guess. People were moving away from her, fuckin bimbo.

Last edited:
Probably Scream. Was super busy at the time and hardly had time for TV even (hadn't even seen a trailer for the film). I hadn't gotten into the horror genre yet, was quite young still but found myself with nothing to do one afternoon so went to a Matinee. I think I was either alone in the theatre or there might have been 1 or 2 others at the back. I sat near the front and in the middle. I was absolutely blown away by the film and went on to watch as many horror films as I could (my favourite genre was born).

And Scream was very, very good when it came out - still is today IMO.

I've always said seeing Scream on a Saturday night in a packed theater when i was about 14 or 15 was one of the greatest times I've ever had at the movies. The crowd went crazy throughout the whole movie. So much fun.

Star Wars just got re-released in theatres when i was in grade 3, I never saw star wars before that but I always heard so much about that. I went by myself and I got into the theatre 2 mins late for episode 4 and found a seat in the front, WOW WHAT A RIDE! I was hooked!

One time we were so baked and drunk and we watched Bench Warmers, we were fuking dying watching that movie! we laughed the whole way through. Everyone in the theatre started laughing there asses off too.

One time I was walking home and I passed a movie theatre that was doing a free showing of the James Bond, the third one with Daniel Craig i think. It was just sweet cos i went in not expecting to and the movie started and it was wicked.

Ad hoc random high school class viewing of the Evil Dead part II. Totally laughed our asses off as a group.

Scariest was a confrontation during New Jack City. This was at a time when people were shooting guns off at screenings of New Jack City.

Some of the posts here are more for the "when I was annoying at a movie" thread. I can only say that I was a complete asshole at a movie once. I went to see the Gods Must Be Crazy with a my buddy. It was critically acclaimed but hey we were idiots in high school and we just couldn't hold back the juvenile behavior. We had a bunch of people confront us about our behavior after the movie -- including a priest. We laughed at all of them.

Pretty embarrassing behavior when I think about it now.

Anyone ever get a BJ at a theatre?

Evil Dead was epic in the theater

but GOAT for me was the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake (2003) I was there opening night and ppl were screaming and jumping everytime something happened and also getting really nervous and jumpy before anything ever happened.

It was a great experience.

Aunt brought me to see Last of the Mohicans when I was a kid and I kept sprinting up and down the isle throughout the entire movie.

LMAO!!!!

You dumb little shit!!! You missed one of the greatest flicks eva. ;)

The Hurt Locker, in a private screening room in the local multiplex. Big leather chairs, the place was completely empty, and I took a stack of decent beers in with me.

Pulp Fiction. That movie played so goddamn well to a packed house, I ended up seeing it a bunch of times. So many moments where the whole crowd laughed, gasped, etc. There are movies that play well to a big audience, but none that play better. Truly a phenomenon of a movie...

Same here. My buddy and i toked up in the car before going in to a packed theater. My boy was notorious for losing his shit if he was smoking. He would laugh so hard that he would get light-headed, and that would make him laugh harder. We were sitting next to a tightly-wound older couple who was uncomfortable the whole movie. When Vincent shot Marvin in the face, the audience (especially the couple next to us and the gaggle of women in front of us) gasped in shock at the sudden violence. Then my buddy lost it. Loudly. He was shaking, laughing, and gasping for breath. It started spreading sporadically through the theater. You know you are in a good flick when half the audience is horrified, and the other half is laughing their balls off. I've been QT fan since.

As far as the audience losing it, my best experience was watching There's Something About Mary in a packed theater semi-baked with my same buddy. Except the whole place was losing their shit over and over.

My one and only blowjie came on a first date to see Platoon in the mid-eighties. During the Barnes vs Elias fighting part, i remember thinking "hurry the fuck, this shit is getting good and i need to concentrate". It's hard to get your war face on with slurpee going on. (did end up dating the girl for a while, and she never would do a repeat performance during the myriad of shitty chick-flicks she dragged me to)

Empire when Vader says "I AM your father."

Platoon.png

The Dark knight rises. The movie was okay, but the first bane fight was ridiculous. You could feel the thunderous punches and kicks in the theater.

Another would be Jurassic Park. The dilophosauraus (spitter) scene creeped me the hell out. Didn't see it coming.

Another one. Malcolm X. Saw it when I was younger. Then ending assassination scene stuck with me for a while.

Back