Your best movie theatre experiences

Quick and the Dead When Sharon Stone Accidently shoots her father in the head, (instead of the rope around his neck)

Movie came out during Houston Rodeo, audience was full of shit kicker rednecks. It was silence in the crowd except for my Buddy who was laughing his ass off!

Everyone in the Theatre was looking like they wanted to kill us both.

It was fucking great.

Other than that, prolly watching stuff as a kid, like:

600full-at-the-earth's-core-poster.jpg

Godzilla-Vs-Megalon-1973.jpg

super_inframan_poster_1975_06.jpg

LOL. Older women are fun. For whatever reason the pressure isn't there.

I've been great. Taking some mandatory time off from work due to an injury sustained while swinging from a rope and into a reservoir. Also pink eye. As long as interesting people post it's fun to drop by from time to time.

Sorry to hear.

There's no pressure cause they are finally looking for the same thing.

Rocky IV when i was like 9, the whole theatre blew up when he dropped Drago then after his speech people were cheering and jumping around.

Whoever hasn't gotten brain in the theatre hasn't had one of the most true movie experiences.

The Dark Knight Rises. When Nolan reveals that Bruce is alive (and gives him his moment with Alfred ), it was a hell of a moment. You could feel it in the theater, this collective visceral joy. Awesome stuff.

The Bourne Ultimatum did it first- 5 years earlier- and it was a very similar feeling.

Also, The Simpsons Movie was one of the best. experiences. ever. I'm sure a lot of people, like me, had given up on the show years earlier, but we were all fans, at one time or another. That movie was excellent, and the crowd lived it.

Cloverfield + copious amounts of herb = most immersive movie experience ever for me.

Quick and the Dead When Sharon Stone Accidently shoots her father in the head, (instead of the rope around his neck)

Movie came out during Houston Rodeo, audience was full of shit kicker rednecks. It was silence in the crowd except for my Buddy who was laughing his ass off!

Everyone in the Theatre was looking like they wanted to kill us both.

It was fucking great.

When I saw Saving Private Ryan the place was packed, I was front row with some friends scattered throughout the theatre but early in the film when the film goes quiet and the soldier walks over to pick up his own arm two of my friends about 10 rows back laughed out loud. Everyone was in the moment of that opening scene and they're laughing, I wanted to kill them and I hear them evrytime ive watched it since.

Final Destination 2. Not that it's a great movie or anything but I saw it... In an athletic/explosive area. Anyway the crowd interaction was a lot of fun. Usually I hate that stuff but for final destination 2 it fit perfectly. Their reactions was like they were watching a documentary and these were real tragic murders

Superbad and jay and silent bob strikes back - both had the entire audience laughing consistently from beginning to end

My weirdest experience. I think it's called the orphanage. It's a horror movie. Anyway it's pretty suspensful and well made. About an hour in the audience had been good/normal. Then all of a sudden someone shrieks in terror. But the shriek came 15 seconds delayed. There was a jump/scare moment and this one person for whatever reason had a really delayed reaction and shrieked 15 seconds later. But it wasn't a normal yelp it was like a cry, like he was tortured and was about to die. Everyone else In the theater busted out laughing hysterically. Then wouldn't stop. The majority of us had a laughing attack. Ever have a laughing attack with a friend and you can't stop when u try it gets even worse. Well imagine that with a full audience in a theater. It lasted a good 10 minutes. I was in tears my buddy In tears the strangers around us In tears. It was bizzard

wasn't a movie, but I saw Sunn O))) perform at a movie theatre in Boston once. It was awesome. The drones were so loud I felt like I was forced into my seat, similar to the experience of riding a Gravitron ride.

I went to see this horror movie called "black christmas"

In the opening scene someone gets murdered with an icicle through the head, and this huge black guy jumps out of his seat and yells "OOOOHHHHH!... F*** THAT N***A UP!!!"

The Two Towers on opening night was a lot of fun. Buncha nerds dressed up as hobbits and wizards. Everyone was really into the movie. Definitely a memorable experience.

I remember seeing LOTR 3 at midnight, it was awesome. People were cheering and really into the movie. Another great midnight showing was Harry Potter Goblet of Fire - loved that movie in theaters.

22 Jump Street

That part in the movie where it showed that Ice Cube was the father of the girl that Jonah Hill was banging, the crowd simultaneously went "OHH SHH***!!!

I went to see this horror movie called "black christmas"

In the opening scene someone gets murdered with an icicle through the head, and this huge black guy jumps out of his seat and yells "OOOOHHHHH!... F*** THAT N***A UP!!!"

My friend and I went to see Spiderman in a theater and it was almost all black people in the audience. Keep in mind my friend is one of the whitest people on Earth. In the scene where Peter is getting close with Mary Jane in the hospital, then Harry walks in to see them together, my buddy just blurts out, "Take a hike, buddy." The entire theater, which had been improbably silent until that point, erupted in laughter. Stereotype shattered.

When I saw Saving Private Ryan the place was packed, I was front row with some friends scattered throughout the theatre but early in the film when the film goes quiet and the soldier walks over to pick up his own arm two of my friends about 10 rows back laughed out loud. Everyone was in the moment of that opening scene and they're laughing, I wanted to kill them and I hear them evrytime ive watched it since.

I'm with you on that one.

laughing at unbelievably crap movie, with crap story and crap acting, and plastic characters is one thing, but laughing at the horror of SPR is in poor taste.

First Spiderman opening night. I was 12 and have since never felt the same sense of excitement course through me at seeing Spidey sling webs and fight the green goblin. I remember leaving the theatre feeling so pumped up. Great time

The Dark Knight. Saw it at a packed midnight screening. I'll never forget everyone applauding when Batman ran the batpod up the wall and turned it around. Theatre lost it's shit.

I saw an opening midnight showing of Phantom Menace and the crowd was nuts.

Good times.

Back