Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Currently I have:
Fender 1966 deluxe reverb
Fender 1964 Super reverb
50's Gibson GA 5
Magnatone M10 A

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

here's a good demo of the M10 A which is probably the rarest amp I have.

My first amp, and it still gets the most hours out of me. I put my headphones in it and it sounds like a studio recording.

7ddd2c39d18b71da03a2a1c8c7e29b36.jpg

From left to back to right:

Peavey Special 130. It was my first upgrade and it hasn't worked in over 10 years. Never cared to fix it because i moved on to the...

Marshall JCM 900 SL-X half stack. Served me well in high school bands playing in garages, but wasn't quite able to get loud enough playing with drums. It's definitely not the same quality as a regular 900.

In the front is my baby. Fender Blues Deville in blonde tolex. The reverb is amazing. Haven't been playing it so much because it's loud as all hell, I'm not in a band right now, and dat apartment life.

20161024_221700_zpspwuohzlb.jpg

Last edited:
64 BFSR
Hot rodded Marshall JMP
Dumble clone
Few others

That magnatone clip sounds great.

It's all about the 30W Crate. I had one, it sounded great. I have no idea what happened to it. Now I have a 30W Kramer for practice which sounds like ass unless I use a distortion pedal. And I have a Mesa Boogie triple rectifier that no longer gets used since I don't play shows anymore.

I currently own this:

66708_l.jpg

Just bought it as a practice amp because my Fender finally crapped out on me(the thing did last like almost 10 years though)

I have the combo version of this on Layaway:

Traynor_YCS50H.jpg

Wanted this for several reasons. Canadian made, affordable, quality, fantastic 2 year warranty, can go from 50 watts too 15 at the flick of a switch, has a great Classic Rock and Classic Metal tone when you get the settings right, etc etc.

Only real drawback is that it doesn't have any super distortion capability built into the tone options, but I have a Boss GT-8 so... plus, you can always buy other pedals if you want more overdrive/distortion.

I'm hoping to get this amp one day, but alas, unless I get it ordered straigh from England without a middle man, it'd probably get pretty costly:

Laney-Ironheart-IRT30-112.jpg

Laney Ironheart. Great amp, got a similar watt control feature to the Traynor, but instead of either 15 or 50 watts you can literally turn a dial and go anywhere between 1 and 30 watts, pretty amazing.

fenhrdxsnake.jpg

The only amp I play through currently.
It's ugly af but I got it at a discount and it's one of 500, IIRC, so I'll probably be able to sell it for more than I paid.
Louder than I need it to be for most playing situations, it's got tone for days.

Had a Laney pro tube 100w in the 90s with a Marshall 1960a cab. And had a Marshall 1/2 stack..JCM2000 dsl 100.But that was before having kids.Want to try that Traynor(pictured above)but still haven't.

64 BFSR
Hot rodded Marshall JMP
Dumble clone
Few others

That magnatone clip sounds great.
Thanks bro, I got it for around 800 bucks, which isnt bad for a vintage amp. Here is another clip that shows of its pitch shifting vibrato.

Had:

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head and Cabinet (1998) - sold because it was too big, I moved around a lot, and I became old and frail.

Fender 68' Twin Reverb - Thought I wanted to play more blues/jazz. I didn't...

Have:

Peavey 5150 Combo - Big enough, loud enough, and does the job.

100hdfxL-2eeed2d19cba6a6f98084f980f67eab4.jpg

51MEGJcENuL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

This thing is kind of cool as it has the option of running on AA batteries and has some decent modeling effects.

My bass amp
KBA100X-Series-d09bf7e8e0357f616a81ec7f85a6801b.jpg

I also have this Yamaha 1000 watt powered mixer
EMX5000_20-46e5e69a4027da40ab3ffed151b921a5.jpg

With three 15'' club series speakers
601208000000000-00-500x500.jpg

And two 12'' club series monitors

41cU6ZvuaWL._SX300_.jpg

I currently own this:

66708_l.jpg

Just bought it as a practice amp because my Fender finally crapped out on me(the thing did last like almost 10 years though)

I have the combo version of this on Layaway:

Traynor_YCS50H.jpg

Wanted this for several reasons. Canadian made, affordable, quality, fantastic 2 year warranty, can go from 50 watts too 15 at the flick of a switch, has a great Classic Rock and Classic Metal tone when you get the settings right, etc etc.

Only real drawback is that it doesn't have any super distortion capability built into the tone options, but I have a Boss GT-8 so... plus, you can always buy other pedals if you want more overdrive/distortion.

I'm hoping to get this amp one day, but alas, unless I get it ordered straigh from England without a middle man, it'd probably get pretty costly:

View attachment 158761

Laney Ironheart. Great amp, got a similar watt control feature to the Traynor, but instead of either 15 or 50 watts you can literally turn a dial and go anywhere between 1 and 30 watts, pretty amazing.

I had that same Line 6 amp for a while. It's a decent little practice amp. I got it off of Craigs List for $20. I ended up giving it away to a friend when I was drunk. I was kind of pissed about it in the morning, but I really didn't need it.

Had:

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head and Cabinet (1998) - sold because it was too big, I moved around a lot, and I became old and frail.

Have:

Yeah if I wanted to play blues, I'd go with at loudest, a super reverb or a deluxe reverb. You get nice distortion and speakers breakup out of low wattage amps. The twins are way to clean and barely break up unless cranked, which will make most people go deaf. Most jazz guys I know use solid state amps like the roland jazz chorus, because they dont like the sag. Thats why most country music guys used to play twins. I see alot of indie kids playing twins which doesnt make any sense to me. They are missing out on the whole point of tube amps, which is the tube compression. They just want to be cool lol.

Had:

Have:

I always wanted a Dual or Triple Rec. Huge fan of Petrucci, so Mesa were always at the top of my list.

Way too friggin' rich for my blood though. Mesa are way too overpriced. They're like the Gibson of amps.

My previous housemate had a Dual Recto Tremoverb, loved the sound of it. Had a nice thick Rhythm tone out of it.

$_86.JPG

I always wanted a Dual or Triple Rec. Huge fan of Petrucci, so Mesa were always at the top of my list.

Way too friggin' rich for my blood though. Mesa are way too overpriced. They're like the Gibson of amps.

Petrucci uses a Mark IV I thought... well a Mark V now I assume.
Mesas and Gibsons are awesome. Prices are high but you can find reasonable prices if you buy used.

Petrucci uses a Mark IV I thought... well a Mark V now I assume.
Mesas and Gibsons are awesome. Prices are high but you can find reasonable prices if you buy used.
Yeah, he does, I just mean he turned me on too Mesa.

Before I thought there was only Marshall and Peavey in the world, now I see there's a whole legion on amplifiers.

I've got a Fender Deluxe reverb reissue. I've had it for about 5 years and still believe its the best sounding amp I've ever played through. Its doesn't have a lead channel like modern amps but there's not much I can't do with it combined with a couple of overdrive and distortion pedals.

I've also got one of the first generation Peavey Valve Kings but I never use that thing anymore. Its a decent enough amp, but Peaveys always sound sort of shitty when you crank them up IMO.

Back