• Who Wants to Be A Millionaire

• 8 Simple Rules

• George Lopez

• Shark Tank

• Last Man Standing

• Extreme Home Make Over

• Family Matters

Results are only viewable after voting.
So afraid to be called a pedo or a racist depending on my vote.

tumblr_mphlv73IJX1sz4ncao1_r2_400.gif

I am certain that Golden Girls, Empty Nest, and Mr. Belvedere were all on Friday nights. I sense as if American Gladiators first aired around that time as well. Could have been Saturday.

I am certain that Golden Girls, Empty Nest, and Mr. Belvedere were all on Friday nights. I sense as if American Gladiators first aired around that time as well. Could have been Saturday.

They weren't. At least not according to the wikipedia entry I used for my info.

Perfect strangers
Family matters
Full house

everything is behind those 3. But my 4th is Webster.

Surprised Boy Meets World is leading this, but that was a great show. Figured it would be Family Matters, Full House, or Step by Step before I voted.

Mr. Belvedere is underrated. It was the first ripoff of Who's the Boss? that became a huge hit. The second was The Nanny.
Perfect strangers
Family matters
Full house

everything is behind those 3. But my 4th is Webster.
People forget Perfect Strangers was really the first breakout sensation that turned TGIF into a thing. Balki became a household name like Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory. I know the latter isn't viewed favorably around here, but I'm just imparting that's how big that character was. He was simply huge. He was so big the actor couldn't overcome the typecasting.

Surprised Boy Meets World is leading this, but that was a great show. Figured it would be Family Matters, Full House, or Step by Step before I voted.

Mr. Belvedere is underrated. It was the first ripoff of Who's the Boss? that became a huge hit. The second was The Nanny.

People forget Perfect Strangers was really the first breakout sensation that turned TGIF into a thing. Balki became a household name like Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory. I know the latter isn't viewed favorably around here, but I'm just imparting that's how big that character was. He was simply huge. He was so big the actor couldn't overcome the typecasting.
Balki Bartokamous (I can't believe I spelled that right on the first attempt) was a bloody legend.

Anyone remember Teen Angel? Show about a dude who died from eating an old burger under his bed and became his bffs guardian angel.

Boy meets world, full house, family matters, millionaire

Perfect Strangers
Family Matters
Full House
Boy Meets World (unless 'X Files' counts?)

Sidenote: Balki Bartokomous narrated one of my favorite ebook series. He did an awesome job too (Grimnoir Chronicles by Larry Correia).

Perfect Strangers
Family Matters
Full House
Boy Meets World (unless 'X Files' counts?)

Sidenote: Balki Bartokomous narrated one of my favorite ebook series. He did an awesome job too (Grimnoir Chronicles by Larry Correia).
Nah, X-Files was FOX, not ABC, but yeah, I totally remember looking forward to that episode every week. It was the treat that sealed the end of the 5-day slog of school.

I thought so at first too, but now I'm pretty sure I remember those being on Saturday. Back then, Saturday was the big family TV night. Or so it seemed to me.

Mr. Belveder was a special show, one of the few shows I coudl fwap to as a kid to BOTH the mom and daughter.

Fuckin' rare bro ...

Actually, the character of Mr. Belvedere, has been around since 1947. Lynn Aloysius Belvedere is a dapper renaissance man, that is mainly employed as a housekeeper. The character first appeared in a novel, titled Belvedere. Then, in three films: Sitting Pretty (1948), Mr. Belvedere Goes to College (1949), and Mr. Belvedere Rings the Bell (1951). Attempts were made since the 50's, to adapt the character for television. There were three unsuccessful pilots produced in 1956, 1959, and 1965.

The success of Who's the Boss may have invigorated the concept. However, I would be hard-pressed to call the most recent sitcom, a ripoff.

Back