Your 225 reps?

An test of endurance and strength for many sports, Reps at 225.

I can barely just hit 16, and it wiped me out. Maxing 320
Last year it was 13 maxing 300.

5'9 190

What are your stats? I'm sure some of the bigger boys can toss throw down 4 Cadillacs with ease.
am grill and my DL is probably 2 reps for 225 lol
but I want to lose weight so i probably wont maintain that
unlless i increased DL strength while losing weight
which is not of much importance to me.

I did 2 sets of 225 lb JM Presses for 8 reps last arm day

Haven't benched in a while and wanted to see where I was at. Got 22 reps, soft touch on the sternum, no arch or leg drive.

Been a while since I've been on here.
Hit 100kg x 23 the other week, ~95kg BW.
Benching nearly every day now after some time away from it.

How often do you all bench press? Fuck my bench is shit, my deadlift and squat are good and keep progressing. It would be nice to do 245x8 again on bench but for some reason can barely do that with 225 now.

Maybe I’ll just switch to dumbbells since I’m training for hypertrophy phase now. Maybe the barbell bench press isn’t worth it.

Last edited:
How often do you all bench press? Fuck my bench is shit, my deadlift and squat are good and keep progressing. It would be nice to do 245x8 again on bench but for some reason can barely do that with 225 now.

Maybe I’ll just switch to dumbbells since I’m training for hypertrophy phase now. Maybe the barbell bench press isn’t worth it.
Isn't worth what?

I bench like 3 days a week, sometimes 4

Straight bar, maybe once every 10-12 days. Multigrip bar once a week. DBs once or twice a week.

21 at 198lbs, a very long time ago. Mostly because I have short limbs and short arms so the test is a fraud.
I know for certain I banged out 21 of this bullshit NFL combine measure.

lol for 225 for reps you are allowed to pretty much bounce (at the very least touching and going), as that's what the combine athletes do.

By that (225 combine) metric I've hit 26 at 165. I'm all slow twitch muscle fibre and wide clavicles though so am highly suited for that metric (my touch and go single was 336 and my paused comp style single was 315 when I hit 26 of 225 combine style). Larson press with a pause was 265.

Back