Elections YouGov Poll: 86% of sampled Trump voters do not believe Biden won

Was this from another thread or was his post deleted?

Is this another fictional poll like all those pre election?
Polls are only as good or bad as their sampling and methodology. Election polls were about what, 6-7% off with a margin of error of about +/- 2-3%? Can't recall exactly.

EDIT: The latest RCP national average was Biden +7.2%. He's up by about 5 million votes now, or 3.4%. So within the margin of error. I think swing states were more inaccurate generally, but still close.

The problem is that, while close, they consistently underrated Trump by a few percentages. That suggests a consistent bias, perhaps a small amount of people are less inclined to admit that they support him.

https://dyn.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

Last edited:
Wait now, aren't you normally shrieking about the tenets of a world without narratives and objective realities? Seems at odds with your stance on interpretation every other day of the week. LOL.

What are you babbling about? I know you like to make shit up and believe crap but I have no clue what you are referencing here.

After some fair points about the polling date in the original OP (it was too early in the race some argued), a more recent Economist/YouGov poll has replaced it.

The polling took place 4-6 days ago, showing that 86% of the sampled Trump voters don't believe Biden legitimately won the election, and that about 60% believe that Trump could overturn the results in the courts. Crazy stuff.
imrs.php

imrs.php

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/9j7sr0my95/econTabReport.pdf

Seems like Trump has successfully brainwashed a large part of his base. What else is there to say?
1 in 10 Trump Supporters Believe Biden Won the Election, Poll Says
"Among people who voted for Trump, 10 percent said they think Biden will be the next president as "election night" stretches into its fourth full day. Citizens for a Strong Democracy, a bipartisan group focused on strengthening democratic institutions, conducted the survey during the two days following the November 3 election among 1,000 voters"

https://www.newsweek.com/1-10-trump-supporters-believe-biden-won-election-poll-says-1545737

Trump has successfully managed to brainwash his followers. What else is there to say?

This is why the Republican Party is in so much trouble, their leader is a lier and a cheat but the people love him. There is a huge vacuum in the party and no leadership beside bunker boy. I wonder when or if party will ever have a "normal" politician at the top of the ticket again.

Trump love the spot light and attention so I don't expect him to go away anytime soon.

Polls are only as good or bad as their sampling and methodology. Election polls were about what, 6-7% off with a margin of error of about +/- 2-3%? Can't recall exactly.

EDIT: The latest RCP national average was Biden +7.2%. He's up by about 5 million votes now, or 3.4%. so within the margin of error. I think swing states were more inaccurate generally, but still close.

The problem is that, while close, they consistently underrated Trump by a few percentages. That probably means that there's a bias somewhere, perhaps a small amount of people are less inclined to admit that they support him.

https://dyn.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

Conservatives believe polls should be deadly accurate as in there should be 0 margin for error.

Polls are only as good or bad as their sampling and methodology. Election polls were about what, 6-7% off with a margin of error of about 2-3%? Can't recall exactly.

That's just the general election poll. Go look at that state polling. Ridiculous. To the point where you have to wonder if it's the methodology that's been generally accurate for decades, or the pollsters themselves who are fudging the numbers that always seem to be suspiciously favorable to the left 90% of the time. I don't think it's a stretch to think that a lot of these outlets have been infiltrated by activists. You can't tell me the WaPo poll that had Biden up in WI by 17 fucking points was conducted by serious and objective people.

Wasn't a very good election for the polling industry. Pretty embarrassing actually.

Conservatives believe polls should be deadly accurate as in there should be 0 margin for error.
I mean, they aren't perfect and it's not like looking into a krystal ball. However being only a few percentages off in predicting an election with 140.000.000 people voting, based on relative small sample size, is quite a feat. Don't know of any other way that could be done. Of course there's good polls and bad ones.

After some fair points about the polling date in the original OP (it was too early in the race some argued), a more recent Economist/YouGov poll has replaced it.

The polling took place 4-6 days ago, showing that 86% of the sampled Trump voters don't believe Biden legitimately won the election, and that about 60% believe that Trump could overturn the results in the courts. Crazy stuff.
imrs.php

imrs.php

Seems like Trump has successfully brainwashed a large part of his base. What else is there to say?
"Among people who voted for Trump, 10 percent said they think Biden will be the next president as "election night" stretches into its fourth full day. Citizens for a Strong Democracy, a bipartisan group focused on strengthening democratic institutions, conducted the survey during the two days following the November 3 election among 1,000 voters"

https://www.newsweek.com/1-10-trump-supporters-believe-biden-won-election-poll-says-1545737

Trump has successfully managed to brainwash his followers. What else is there to say?
The outside world doesn't believe Biden won legitimately either. Here in Canada literally no one believes it except the media that attempts to push it lol. Canadians are even joking about the legitimacy of the US elections on FB

imrs.php

imrs.php

Pretty pathetic.

Other polls show most think Biden won outright. This is kind of alarmist.

most of the country understands where we are going and accepts it

The outside world doesn't believe Biden won legitimately either. Here in Canada literally no one believes it except the media that attempts to push it lol. Canadians are even joking about the legitimacy of the US elections on FB
Lol. Speak for yourself.

The real world is proceeding as if Biden won, because he did. The only people who believe Trump are gullible fools.

Two days after the election there was no clear winner...

Now there is a projected winner, but we will have to see how the lawsuits go.
Lol. It's over dude.

That's just the general election poll. Go look at that state polling. Ridiculous. To the point where you have to wonder if it's the methodology that's been generally accurate for decades, or the pollsters themselves who are fudging the numbers that always seem to be suspiciously favorable to the left 90% of the time. I don't think it's a stretch to think that a lot of these outlets have been infiltrated by activists. You can't tell me the WaPo poll that had Biden up in WI by 17 fucking points was conducted by serious and objective people.

Wasn't a very good election for the polling industry. Pretty embarrassing actually.
You missed my edit where state polling was included too. It's not that far off really, but, the underlining point here being far off the average. You are certainly right that individual polls can be bad if the methodology is bad, but the aggragate seems to have been pretty accurate.

With that, you have to wonder as you say how piss poor some of them are at their job. It's the biases, and it extends to both sides. WaPo have definitely proved to pretty terrible. To be fair though, I haven't seen if they did other polls in other states which were closer, and sometimes mistakes do happen. Science and data collection is not easy.

Keep these going, it makes it all the funnier that he curbstomped your cult leader in the debates and managed to unseat an incumbent president.

Losing reelection when the economy is doing fairly well = almost unheard of.

(Yeah, the economy is shit right now but EVERYONE recognizes it's because of a special circumstance. Previously, it was doing well.)

The problem is that, while close, they consistently underrated Trump by a few percentages. That suggests a consistent bias, perhaps a small amount of people are less inclined to admit that they support him.

While I haven't looked too far into it, this may just be a special case with Trump support, not an overall case of polling error for all elections and all candidates.

I got a feeling the polling for senate races were far more accurate. For instance, here in Texas, some polls had Biden tied with Trump, most had Trump up by only 1-2 points, and only a few had him by 5+, which ended up being the most accurate (Trump won by 6).

But the senate race polls were spot-on. Republican incumbent John Cornyn was up by 6-10 points the entire time over the Democratic challenger and he ended up winning by 10.

For all the bravado, seems like lots of people were still a little embarrassed to express support for such a monumental fuck up like Trump.

While I haven't looked too far into it, this may just be a special case with Trump support, not an overall case of polling error for all elections and all candidates.

I got a feeling the polling for senate races were far more accurate. For instance, here in Texas, some polls had Biden tied with Trump, most had Trump up by only 1-2 points, and only a few had him by 5+, which ended up being the most accurate (Trump won by 6).

But the senate race polls were spot-on. Republican incumbent John Cornyn was up by 6-10 points the entire time over the Democratic challenger and he ended up winning by 10.

For all the bravado, seems like lots of people were still a little embarrassed to express support for such a monumental fuck up like Trump.
It does seem that way.

EDIT: The latest RCP national average was Biden +7.2%. He's up by about 5 million votes now, or 3.4%. So within the margin of error. I think swing states were more inaccurate generally, but still close.

His post was deleted.

It's not even your country, and you're wanting us to kill each other. It's a good thing you're a nobody.

I worked military intelligence in the CAF for 9 years with a security clearance.

Pretty sure you're the nobody.

I have real education, all you have is inculcated BS.

Back