You'd have to be stupid to not take Nate at +300 over Michael Johnson

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
Title says it all.

I even think Nate should be a -150 favorite . The only way Johnson wins is by pulling a condit (vs nick) which is point fighting from the outside, but Johnson probably isn't even capable of that because he doesn't have the same range as condit or even the same movement. We all saw the daruish fight, Johnson looked horrible. Hes horrible fighting on the outside, he misses 90% of his punches and is too scared to go on the inside to actually land some punches.

Michael Johnson is extremely overrated and Nate is extremely underrated because he lost to beasts like ben henderson and RDA who are also stylistic bad match ups for Nate.

Nate is better on the ground, and if it stays standing I think Nate picks him apart with his boxing.

You're probably high, dude.

Johnson most likely grinds out a decision pretty easily.

I didn't even know Nate was fighting. I thought he was still refusing to fight until they paid him more than he agreed to fight for

Nate gonna lose most likely. Johnson is better everywhere except for submissions.

Anyone who still says pulling a condit is obviously a Diaz fan boy and is biased. Condit beat Diaz by not standing in front of him, deal with it.

Nate gonna lose most likely. Johnson is better everywhere except for submissions.

Anyone who still says pulling a condit is obviously a Diaz fan boy and is biased. Condit beat Diaz by not standing in front of him, deal with it.

Condit fought a good fight. I wasn't discrediting him in anyway. He did beat nick imo. I'm just saying Michael Johnson isn't as good as condit and cant pull off the same game plan. MJ's stand up is not that good, I think Nate gets the better of him in the stand up. MJ looked awful in the Daruish fight.

Also, I am a diaz fan but that doesn't mean I cant recognize bad matchups when I see them. I thought both bendo and RDA were probably going to win against nate because their kicking game is strong which is key against a Diaz.
But Nate has this matchup.

Cant wait for this fight. Ill make sure to post my bet slip in this thread.

Title says it all.

➡You'd have to be stupid to take Nate at +300 over Michael Johnson⬅

Fixed, there is nothing impressive about nate or nick in their last 3 fights, no sign of improvements. You must want to lose money

Also your talking big on Nate, pove u as confident in him? Where is that bet slip

Last edited:

lol no

johnson just spams overhands with 0 technique. Nate is going to pick him apart.

The only person johnson beat of note is barboza, whom is vastly overrated and was terrified the entire fight of his chin getting touched.

I'm assuming you went big on Nate before you made this thread? Since publicly sharing your insights might move the betting line in the wrong direction?

Dariush fights well off the back foot and trains with the best southpaw in the division. Where is the comparison to Diaz there? Diaz isn't exactly going to be making him miss. He'll come forward which is what Johnson wants in most fights, I think.

I think Johnson counters Diaz to a decision. I do think if Diaz shows up in top form he could give Johnson trouble and could certainly win.

lol no

The only person johnson beat of note is barboza, whom is vastly overrated and was terrified the entire fight of his chin getting touched.

This post is amusing.

Condit fought a good fight. I wasn't discrediting him in anyway. He did beat nick imo. I'm just saying Michael Johnson isn't as good as condit and cant pull off the same game plan. MJ's stand up is not that good, I think Nate gets the better of him in the stand up. MJ looked awful in the Daruish fight.

Cant wait for this fight. Ill make sure to post my bet slip in this thread.

Ok sorry, I get annoyed with the condit shit from Diaz fans sometimes, and I like Nick alot, my bad!

But Nate isnt Nick, and Nate hasnt looked good in most of his recent fights. I really was rooting for him especially after his fight with Cowboy, but I think Johnson isnt going to brawl with him and instead is gonna get the decision.

The blueprint is basically take nate down, GnP and keep tight so no subs are available. I think Johnson could win.

HOWEVER if Johnson tries to fight overly conservative or gasses out I can see him maybe getting caught, I feel though that Johnson has better cage control, top game, and game planning.

yeah, i remember his recent amazing fight against.... against....

Title says it all.

I even think Nate should be a -150 favorite . The only way Johnson wins is by pulling a condit (vs nick) which is point fighting from the outside, but Johnson probably isn't even capable of that because he doesn't have the same range as condit or even the same movement. We all saw the daruish fight, Johnson looked horrible. Hes horrible fighting on the outside, he misses 90% of his punches and is too scared to go on the inside to actually land some punches.

Michael Johnson is extremely overrated and Nate is extremely underrated because he lost to beasts like ben henderson and RDA who are also stylistic bad match ups for Nate.

Nate is better on the ground, and if it stays standing I think Nate picks him apart with his boxing.

Completely agree, he's had a decent resurgence but isn't as good as people make him out to be. If he stops Nate I'll eat my words

Whats +300 in fractions terms?

But I agree, in theory. Michael Johnson is a good fighter & there are question marks over Diaz's motivation levels. Even so, if he's a decent sized underdog it's like someone giving you 2/1 on a coinflip

lol no

Seems like everybody is overated except for Nate
MJ and Barboza have a good arsenal on their feet, Nate only has the Diaz boxing. IMO both could beat Nate in that department

lol no

No he doesnt, he uses kicks and while he does like to use his overhand he also uses other skillsets.

Nate can only pick him apart if Johnson sits there and lets him, if Johnson moves and counters he will win a decision.

Johnson should have also won his last fight, but thats ok, he coasted in the last round. I also feel like Johnson is gonna come out to make a statement, however if Johnson gasses he might get finished. That said I dont see Nate winning a decision, if he wins he will finish him, but that will be only if MJ gives him that.

Whats +300 in fractions terms?

But I agree, in theory. Michael Johnson is a good fighter & there are question marks over Diaz's motivation levels. Even so, if he's a decent sized underdog it's like someone giving you 2/1 on a coinflip

3 to 1

Diaz fans just need to accept that Nate and Nick aren't that good.

Well its not like he just used great footwork and head movement at times he literally turned his back and ran from Nick. It was dissapointing because the fight should have been a barn burner.

Never a lock on any bet let alone a big underdog. If you feel the odds are that wrong TS then take a shot at it. But don't bet more than you usually do. Too many people try to double down or make up for a loss or are convinced one bet is a lock.

I still remember when a buddy of mine slowly worked a year of betting up to 4k and then blew it all in 2 bets. Not that 4k is life-changing or something but it was just so stupid. I told him at least withdraw half if he was going to let it all ride but nope...lost $3500 on the first bet then $500 on the second.

I'm assuming you went big on Nate before you made this thread? Since publicly sharing your insights might move the betting line in the wrong direction?

I haven't yet, but I don't expect my opinion to move the lines that much lol. I'm with bodog and they dont have that fight yet.

Back