You think Robbie Lawler has the power to KO MacDonald at 167?

I think Lawler has the power to knockout any man at 170, but I don't think that means he's going to necessarily win.

Lawler can KO anyone. Doesn't always happen because he can't always land but he has ridiculous power. It's gonna be hard to land a big shot on Rory because he will probably try to take him down and lay on him GSP style the whole fight.

I would love to see Robbie crush him though... it would be like x-mas come early.

Last edited:
Not unless if you seen the fight I've mentioned numerously... You won't know what I'm talking about unless you watch it, so you can keep making your assumptions about Robbie, just as everyone else, or you can find out the truth for yourself... jmo

Dude wtf are you talking about...

As pretty much everyone said, having the power todo denst mean he will do it

Will root for him, anyway

He has the power to knock anybody out at WW. However, I am not sure he was the complete skill set to beat Rory. Really looking forward to this fight and I hope Robbie wins!

Robbie has power to KO anyone MW or lower. I also think he has better overall striking than Jake and won't freeze if confronted with a jab.

yes ... but Rory wins by complete domination.

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Of course he can knock him out.

Robbie Lawler knocked out Koscheck... so did Paulo Thiago. It's not what people make it out to be. He should be better known as the guy who recently lost to Lorenz Larkin, Tim Kennedy and got summarily run over by Souza.

Shields and Miller both choked him out and I think he still struggles with any high caliber grappler. Roll back further and guys like Diaz and Tanner both stopped him. He's lost most every marquee fight of his career until Koscheck.

I'm not a huge fan of Rory's style but he is most definitely a better grappler and not known for getting caught.

as much as i want to see rory get knocked out for being such a goof, i smell another macdonald decision, could actually be macdonald by sub or something too.

Robbie Lawler knocked out Koscheck... so did Paulo Thiago. It's not what people make it out to be. He should be better known as the guy who recently lost to Lorenz Larkin, Tim Kennedy and got summarily run over by Souza.

Shields and Miller both choked him out and I think he still struggles with any high caliber grappler. Roll back further and guys like Diaz and Tanner both stopped him. He's lost most every marquee fight of his career until Koscheck.

I'm not a huge fan of Rory's style but he is most definitely a better grappler and not known for getting caught.

pretty much this. good breakdown.

Lawler is a big puncher. period.

i doubt he even touches Mac, frankly.

I qwas one of the only people who called that fight: Lawler/Manhoef.

Manoef is so wide open and throws a lot of looping shots and I knew that'd be trouble against a southpaw who throws straighrter punches.

I think Lawlers a lot harder for Macdonald than Ellenberger was.

Lawlers a much more skilled striker, should be interesting.

Lawler by ko.

Lawler has the power to put anyone away at WW. The only persons chin that maybe able to withstand it is Condit

Back