You think Robbie Lawler has the power to KO MacDonald at 167?

Yes, and I hope all of the negativity and criticism surrounding the Tristar "fighters" will push Rory to fight with some warrior spirit.

I'll be everything that I have that Rory Macdonald will go into bitch mode against Robbie Lawler... 100% Guaranteed.

No.

Babalu had just been KO'd in sixty seconds the fight before and got knocked out three times after the Lawler fight (two of which were from Jacob Noe and Mikhail Zayats who are hardly elite) only winning once before his retirement over Tatsuya Mizuno. All of Babalu's best victories were 2003 and back. He fought Lawler in 2010.

Wtf are you talking about, add it up d.a.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Renato-Sobral-274

Nothing I said was untrue. You can see it there. Bad losses and no elite wins in years. If you think Babalu was in his prime in 2010 you must think his career was awful or something.

Wtf? It's most certainly feasible to think that. When Bab. lost to Chuck, don't you think he could've gotten better when he was on his streak? You act like Babalu was a chump after the fact he last lost in the UFC. He could've been at his best in his latter career before he went on to fight for other organizations. But that's just a testament in how Good his chin was considering he went against a ruthless mofo who owns a 18 ko/tko out of his 21 wins... Babalu got lucky imo, because all that weight hindered RL's speed and strength, although it wasn't that bad as Im making it out to sound...

If Rory today fought Babalu at 195lbs back then, Macdonald would've been finished or simply outclassed... jmo

Robbie Lawler can take out anybody if he catches them, Rory included. I think Rory wins this, but it wouldn't shock me by any means if Robbie put him to sleep.

If Rory Macdonald chooses to go into bitch mode again like he did against Jake, that would be the worst approach he could ever make with RL. Your heading into his strong points with his strikes... Not the best idea going against a LETHAL striker. So I don't mind seeing the Bitch Mode come out of Rory as that will be his downfall imo... In fact, I'm expecting it.

He has the power, just has to land it past a boring defensive fighter.

Robbie has the power necessary to KO anyone at 170 if he hits them clean.

It's just a question on whether he can get through Rory's reach and height to catch him.

I think he can. I don't think he'll freeze and be tentative like Ellenberger was. I don't think he'll hang back and let himself get jabbed to a decision loss.

Wtf? It's most certainly feasible to think that. When Bab. lost to Chuck, don't you think he could've gotten better when he was on his streak?

Did he ever perform in a manner that suggested this at all? He only beat fringe top 30 guys at best (except for Robbie go figure) the rest of his career and had some bad losses.

I mean, we could say it's entirely feasible to think that Fedor was at his best in Strikeforce when results clearly show otherwise but that would be silly.

You must not think very much of Babalu's career if you think the 2010 version of him was anywhere close to the best.

Did he ever perform in a manner that suggested this at all? He only beat fringe top 30 guys at best (except for Robbie go figure) the rest of his career and had some bad losses.

I mean, we could say it's entirely feasible to think that Fedor was at his best in Strikeforce when results clearly show otherwise but that would be silly.

You must not think very much of Babalu's career if you think the 2010 version of him was anywhere close to the best.

No your saying that, and I'm saying quite the opposite in how he wasn't a washed up and depleated fighter when he fought Robbie during his 7-1 streak. Two different things... But I'm also suggesting Babalu could've gotten better post UFC... That's it.

No your saying that, and I'm saying quite the opposite in how he wasn't a washed up and depleated fighter when he fought Robbie during his 7-1 streak. Two different things... But I'm also suggesting Babalu could've gotten better post UFC... That's it.

What makes you think he got better? He didn't beat nearly as good of fighters as he did before his second stint in the UFC in 2004 and had way worse losses. Seems like an odd thing to suggest.

Robbie has the power to KO heavyweights. I think Rory wins by out pointing him with jabs & TDs though.

I sure hope so. I hate MacDonald, can't wait to see that sperglord skid rendered unconscious, and Lawler is just the guy to do it.

I sure hope so. I hate MacDonald, can't wait to see that sperglord skid rendered unconscious, and Lawler is just the guy to do it.

Would be so effin awesome...hoping to lose my voice screaming at the bar if it happens.

Hoping we'll see Rory's gnp on display again in this fight. It's nasty and accurate.

Lawler did get up easily from Kos though, maybe Rory won't be able to control him either. Either way I'm looking forward to the fight.

Lawler can hit Rory so hard it'd KO Mike Ricci as well. Will he be able to land that shot though? That's the question.

Lawler has the power to KO anyone on any given night. That said, I'm picking Rory.

Robbie has the power to hit Rory MacDonald so hard it knocks Jason MacDonald out.

Lawler can hit Rory so hard it'd KO Mike Ricci as well. Will he be able to land that shot though? That's the question.

Damn you. Same concept, different Canadian, two posts earlier.

I don't understand this trick question. It's like asking if you think GSP has the power to dish out 50-45 UD's.

Back