You think Nick Diaz was smoking Pot the week of his Gomi fight?(serious question)

Rodrigo Gracie1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
who thinks he smoked weed all the way up to the fight?

I remember hearing an interview from him and he was mentioning the benefits of smoking weed. One of the benefits he said was smoking weed when your cutting weight. he said you would be able to go over your gameplan in the sauna(while high)

that interview made me wonder if he even cut off at a certain point like most fighters would if they smoke pot.

if he was doing it, is he just some kind of freak who can balance both and still have sick cardio?

worst thread ever probably.

i'll let others chime in.

yeah probably.

it's just something i have wondered.

way to look wise on the internet though, awesome imo

jesus , just checkd out your log there .. 135 lb bench press at 190 body weight?

Rofl, easy big fella.

jesus , just checkd out your log there .. 135 lb bench press at 190 body weight?

Rofl, easy big fella.

Really, so what do you squat, chief? What type of numbers are you pulling?

Should I look in your log?

This is a pretty retarded thread, unless Diaz himself is going to chime in and give a straight answer...who gives a shit?

I don't see why he wouldn't be. The dude runs full ironmans stoned and places in them.

yeah guys, im a worthless stoner.

whats the biggest mma show you guys have fought in?

I can squat 225 and bench 205, and i weigh 150-152 lbs. I dont keep a log on a public forum, why the fuck would i ? i dont need a thread to keep myself motivated

Guess i posted in the wrong forum, didnt expect to be greeted with such hostility.

We get it, Rodrigo, you think you're better than everyone here. You're really not helping yourself with the commentary. Relax m8.

i asked a question and got ambushed , wtf is this?

yeah i shouldnt have chirped the guy for lifting what i did when i was in grade 10, my bad

little conditioning clique goin on here

i asked a question and got ambushed , wtf is this?

yeah i shouldnt have chirped the guy for lifting what i did when i was in grade 10, my bad

little conditioning clique goin on here

Why do you weigh what I did in 6th grade?

My bad.

Rofl, easy big fella.

This is an extremely ignorant and insulting thing to say. Kaboom is working hard, learning, improving, and most importantly, is willing to put himself and his numbers out there, for whatever they're worth. You can't ask more than that.

This is an extremely ignorant and insulting thing to say. Kaboom is working hard, learning, improving, and most importantly, is willing to put himself and his numbers out there, for whatever they're worth. You can't ask more than that.

Not to mention that Kaboom's current strength level has absolutely nothing to do with his opinion of this thread or the topic at hand. That was really low to play that card.

This is pretty funny, as I know Rodrigo Gracie, and have trained with him quite a bit.

He's actually a well respected pro, and fights more in 1 year than most people here will fight in their life.

There's a minimum 2 week suspension here after you fight, so you have to wait at least 13 days to fight again. He (Rodrigo) has bypassed it to fight 2 x in the same week.

His internet etiquette may not be what everyone here is used to, but he can pull his own in any training situation.

To the Question At Hand:

I think Diaz pretty much admitted to smoking right up to the fight (same week). He didn't come right out and say it, bu he alluded to as much.

Oh no, i'm weak. *suicides*

anyways, i don't know if you kept up with news lately. But apparently Diaz is always smoking because he has a medical card. Its for his ADHD and to help him sleep apparently.

I haven't heard too much on the situation, but from what i understand Nick was smoking right up untill he had the fight with Gomi.
I know a few people who smoke weed and manage to keep cardio up and in shape.

A buddy of mine, smokes ciggy's and weed and still manages to play minor hockey at the top level (whl).

You'd think it would only be a matter of time before the negative effects of weed on the lungs took shape.

I think that people actually still testing for marijuana is just BS. It gives pretty much no competetive advantage at all and is the least harmful drug out of anything. Hell, alcohol is worse then pot. If anything, Gomi was the one who looked stoned outta his mind during the fight.

Back