You sound poor...

Would you prefer morals and no money or money and no morals?

This philosophical question was basically asked in an episode of Batman (the TV series created by Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, and everyone else). In the episode called If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?, Nygma decided to become a supercriminal called The Riddler.

Morals and no money. You can always make money. It's hard to make or develop morals.
Your pretty cool for a rich dude that bangs a heap of hookers. Oh wait, check that thought, your pretty cool.

Take away law and punishment and morals become nothing but fairy tales.

So take the cash.

A recent thread and my thoughts on it leads me to believe money, even though I'd like to think morals...

Morals, being as subjective as they are like the poster above me noted, led people here to think less of a rapper from new york who ratted out his former associates. My initial thought was this: If it was between being locked up without my partner or son for a decade or two and loyalty to a bunch of friends, or especially in his case, ex-friends who turned on him... I'd drop that dime so fast and hard the prosecutors head would spin around like the girl from the exorcist.

Don't fool yourself, you would too...

The fact is that if it meant providing for my family or not losing them, I'd legit piss all over what most people consider moral if that's what needed to happen.

So, yeah... Money.

It is what it is...

Morals and no money.

As a 44yr old dad, I can tell you that life is ridiculously short. Family, friends, word is your bond.

I would rather be broke and known as a standup guy than rich and a prick.

I'm drunk 100%. Love mother fuckers. Appreciate what you have and make sure the ones you care about are taken care of.

Take away law and punishment and morals become nothing but fairy tales.

So take the cash.
Not really. All societies have rules, police or not.
Punishments were actually a lot harsher when it was your fellow townsfolk administering them.

A recent thread and my thoughts on it leads me to believe money, even though I'd like to think morals...

Morals, being as subjective as they are like the poster above me noted, led people here to think less of a rapper from new york who ratted out his former associates. My initial thought was this: If it was between being locked up without my partner or son for a decade or two and loyalty to a bunch of friends, or especially in his case, ex-friends who turned on him... I'd drop that dime so fast and hard the prosecutors head would spin around like the girl from the exorcist.

Don't fool yourself, you would too...

The fact is that if it meant providing for my family or not losing them, I'd legit piss all over what most people consider moral if that's what needed to happen.

So, yeah... Money.

It is what it is...
At least your honest. Clearly have some morals.

At least your honest. Clearly have some morals.
Thanks, man. The interesting thing is that I do think of myself as a good, moral person. I doubt you'd find one person who knows me that doesn't think that way about me... But in terms of this question, the baseline for humanity, I know without a doubt that there's literally nothing I wouldn't do for my son. And morals don't pay the bills. So, at the very core of me... It's money, unfortunately.

Thanks, man. The interesting thing is that I do think of myself as a good, moral person. I doubt you'd find one person who knows me that doesn't think that way about me... But in terms of this question, the baseline for humanity, I know without a doubt that there's literally nothing I wouldn't do for my son. And morals don't pay the bills. So, at the very core of me... It's money, unfortunately.
Honest and wise, I like it. I don't have a family so I'm not conflicted like that, I can and probably literally will die for my word.

Morals and no money, I'd go live in nature.

There was a period of my life where i was making good money. It was also the period of my life when i was the most unhappy. Now i'm super happy with my life and i got no money.
<Fedor23>

Back