You shouldn't be allowed an opinion on Jon Jones and his cocaine use!

blazerkor

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know that's a bold statement but let me explain. Jones was not informed that he would be tested for street drugs, in fact he was told he wouldn't be. The NAC screwed up so bad on this and they will probably end up paying hugely. Jones has a multimillion dollar lawsuit against them just waiting to be filed (I say that figuratively I don't know if he's actually going to sue). The fact that this went public is a horrible violation of Jones' privacy. The reason you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on this is, the information should not be available to you. We should not know that Jon Jones did cocaine. If he was at a party and the police or DEA came in, and he was in possession of cocaine, that would be when we should be allowed an opinion. Not to mention that the consumption of cocaine is not against the law, it's the possession, sale and trafficking that is highly illegal.

Do I think doing cocaine is good? No. That being said, it doesn't matter what I think Jon Jones gets to live his life. Do I hope that he never does cocaine again? Yes. I love watching this guy fight and don't want to see him slip. Harder drugs are a slippery slope to maneuver. Again though it's his life.

His rehab stint (although again it's none of our business) isn't so scandalous either. When checking into rehab Jones did a drug test, told the doctors about his history with cocaine use and underwent their evaluation. If the doctors said he didn't need in patient treatment, then why would he stay? There are people who need those beds and rooms. Not all of the facts are out on this and I am eager (although I shouldn't be allowed to be) to hear Jones' account of all of this.

Finally everyone who is sitting in judgement over this situation needs to take a step back and realize that we all make mistakes. Jon Jones is in a unique situation and you have no idea how you would respond to it. So please get off your high horse that shouldn't exist and leave your judgements out of this. The people who should be being judged and judged harshly are the Nevada Athletic Commission. Judge their ineptitude, judge them for taking away Jon Jones' privacy, and judge them making it possible for you having an opinion you shouldn't be allowed to have.

I should be able to have an opinion on anything I choose.

Fuck you OP.

Being Canadian I can have an opinion on any damn thing I want to, as I live in a free land!!

I will then proceed to apologize for said opinion and hope we can still be friends.

Sorry.

You're not allowed to have an opinion on having an opinion on Jon's cocaine use.

Wow that is the most retarded thread heading on sherdog ever.

Shouldn't be allowed an opinion on JBJ cocaine usage & testing hot unless you use it and have also tested hot for it.

What a bizarre rant. I am guessing you must be very young.

Jon isn't going to sue, so it's a moot point. He will be forced to suffer the backlash even if it isn't fair.

The UFC/NSAC is doing everything they can to minimize damage control.

good for you. you can crawl back into your hole now, TS

Use your real account like a man.

I kinda hope he does sue the nevada commission or maybe never want to fight there again for the UFC.

Sure cocaine is wrong and bad..but they totally shit on his privacy here

4 post in 4 years. WOW!

Right? What's the point in starting a thread if you're not going to be involved in the conversation? Seems weird.

Also, TS thinks that Jones somehow did coke without ever being in possession of it. Unless carrying it around in your nose truly doesn't count as possession?

you shouldn't be allowed to start threads.

Back