"You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy,

Jon Jones' fanatics/apologists need to go to rehab for their addiction as well. Because they're shamefully rationalizing for blatant hypocrisy and egomaniacal behavior. This is a guy who, if it wasn't bad enough, snitched on his friends for pot smoking, but bragged about how it made him a good guy, then finally was exposed as a coke fiend and drunk driver. There's no defending that, unless you have a serious problem as well.

The racism and jealousy accusations many made against his detractors were just red herrings. Complaining about fans wearing replica belts (in tribute to him often times) because he earned his real one should have told you all you needed to know about what type of person he really is.

Sorry but you are full of shit. Jones was hated on soon as he entered the ufc. Even when he was fighting Stephan bonner he was hated on. First it was oh he's fake and he sucks as a fighter. Then it was oh he's overrated and his moves are sloppy. We had the whole " he doesn't deserve a title shot and will lose to shogun." Followed by, " well shogun was out of shape anyways jones is overrated and fake lol." Then it was oh he's fake and he's arrogant when there was no evidence of it. I'd say the first 3 years of Jones career made his haters such as yourself look like mindless idiots. You guys were cut from the same cloth that would always hate on Anderson silva as well. I'll admit for once in life you haters actually have a rational, logical reason for not liking jones. So pat yourself on the back, you're now what? 2/10? ( One being the dui and two the cocaine)

LOL. Talk about a foot in his mouth...

I still can't comprehend they didn't strip him of his title...

He technically didn't use any banned substances so the athletic commission can't do anything, its in the UFC's hands. I have a feeling they won't do anything at first and if there is a back lash from the media/public they will do damage control and suspend/fine him much like the NFL has done recently

That's because anytime a black man speaks good English in the public eye he's considered fake. At least now you have a rational reason to not like jones.

Yeah that's why everyone hates Rumble, DC, Mighty Mouse, and Michael Johnson. Quit playing the race card.

He technically didn't use any banned substances so the athletic commission can't do anything, its in the UFC's hands. I have a feeling they won't do anything at first and if there is a back lash from the media/public they will do damage control and suspend/fine him much like the NFL has done recently

It is exactly what they are doing. Damage control. For a fighter being busted for coke.

OTOH, Diaz get caught with weed, for which he had a licence (paid or not, no difference). And they get all hissy about that. Because MJ is a performance enhancing drug (/sarcasm).

Don't get me wrong, i think Diaz is a lousy individual, but i would expect some consistency from the UFC.

But nooooo, since it's the big cash cow Jones, he gets a pass. I hope every single sponsor out there says no to him. Screw that guy.

Jon Jones' fanatics/apologists need to go to rehab for their addiction as well. Because they're shamefully rationalizing for blatant hypocrisy and egomaniacal behavior. This is a guy who, if it wasn't bad enough, snitched on his friends for pot smoking, but bragged about how it made him a good guy, then finally was exposed as a coke fiend and drunk driver. There's no defending that, unless you have a serious problem as well.

The racism and jealousy accusations many made against his detractors were just red herrings. Complaining about fans wearing replica belts (in tribute to him often times) because he earned his real one should have told you all you needed to know about what type of person he really is.

Who exactly are these "Jones apologists" you speak of?

I think that people on here actually invent hypothetical groups of people to project their hate on, it is pretty bizarre.

I do see people who don't really give a fuck about whether a fighter is an angel outside of the cage and rather are interested in what am fighter does in his fights.

Personally I find Jon Jones to be a VERY interesting character. He talks about god and gets caught doing cocaine, talks about being a role model then wraps a Bentley around a tree. Makes videos mocking fans who cry about eye pokes and literally cries and whines and laughs in the face of his haters, but yet I think he actually does care about their opinion because he constantly brings it up (Unbroken, for example, telling people they wasted their money on "break Bones" shirts)

He is like a one man circus, and the P4P king and a beast in the ring. It is quite a show.

Ever think that the reason he acts so....well....dickish, is because he is into coke/crack? Maybe we really haven't seen his actual attitude.

A friend of mine got into that and he turned into a complete asshole. After he cleaned up, he was his normal self again.

just a thought

Wow...
So Jon Jones is actually a human being with mistakes, faults, and all that goes with it...
Whodathunkit?

Sherdog doing damage control. Deleted my thread about him cheating on his wife

Lmao! That's why I like Jones.

So, people can change. Maybe he wasnt in to drugs then but now he is. stuff happens. He didnt murder anyone.

Our political leaders are much worse role models than jon jones. let the dude be. He fights people for a living anyway. its a barbaric sport. let him be barbaric.

Yeah, luckily he drove into a light post instead of a human being.

Even if that statement is true, someone doing something bad doesn't justify another person's bad behavior. That is the logic of a 5 year old. "Buuut Mooom! Little Johnny next door broke out more windows on that house than I did!".

Nothing besides accepting fights against middleweights to save an entire PPV card. Which makes him not so much a company man, but more of a hypocrite.

UFC151
#NeverForget

ufc151ye_zps810941dd.png

And people laughed when I said this guy is fake as fuck when he first arrived to the ufc

I didn't.

The fact that he was a fake born again Christian was even funnier.

Back