You knuckleheads are turning me into a Ronda fan.

I wouldn't, I don't want Ronda to get the title back the division needs to move on and if Miesha somehow wins then Ronda will be champion again by years end guaranteed.

Move on from what? Holm winning didn't magically make the division stronger. You're still going to see the usual suspects going for the belt. Miesha "Ronda owns my soul" Tate is the #1 contender. That should tell you how deep the division is.

Holm is everyone's hero right now, but give her a year of domination over that division, and the hate brigade will commence.

"She' fighting cans!"

"She only has one good win!"

"Why doesn't she fight Cyborg?"

"Did you hear what Rogan said?"

Same shit, different face.

only one way to settle this:

fan fight, behind the warehouse by the docks.

you're just a sheep and falling for the narrative out there - she got pulled down enough, now she cried and its time to feel sorry for her - now get behind her, you're supposed to, its written in the script

You probably don't see the irony here.

Move on from what? Holm winning didn't magically make the division stronger. You're still going to see the usual suspects going for the belt. Miesha "Ronda owns my soul" Tate is the #1 contender. That should tell you how deep the division is.

Holm is everyone's hero right now, but give her a year of domination over that division, and the hate brigade will commence.

"She' fighting cans!"

"She only has one good win!"

"Why doesn't she fight Cyborg?"

"Did you hear what Rogan said?"

Same shit, different face.
If you don't like it you don't have to watch it, Miesha will retire when she loses in March, Dana basically told her to, I'd favour Holm over Cyborg if they were to fight in the UFC but I don't know if the fight will happen. When Miesha retires there'll be some fights to make like the winner of Nunes vs. Shevchenko, if Pena gets her shit together she could fight for the belt after 1/2 more wins.

It shouldn't be much of a shock that there are a lot of Ronda threads in the last day or two.

She made a planned public appearance to go on a talk show. She put herself out there in the public eye.

And during that planned appearance, she started crying and talked about suicide, and having Travis' babies.

So let's be real, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that the forum has been flooded with Ronda threads the last couple of days.

If she didn't hide behind a pillow and acted more like PVZ after her loss she wouldnt be getting this type of hate and people would have moved on. She's making it a big deal so everyone else is as well. Imagine Tito crying on Ellen after Chuck cracked his skull. This shit didnt happen before El -Ron hit the scene.

I could care less if Ronda losses or wins her next fight or never comes back but yea the threads are getting old. The ridiculous hate is starting to get old. I saw one guy saying Tyson was a true champ but not Ronda. Tyson bit a fucking guys ear off during a fight. You want to hate her that's fine by me but dont hate her and then praise some other fighter who's done equally crazy shit.
"Equally"??

Also the only other backlash I can remember was grease gate and Bj taking his mom to the NSAC hearing. It took quite a while for him to live that down.

Maybe we can all find common ground as reasonable adults? And hate on Edmond together.

If you don't like it you don't have to watch it

I don't care one way or the other. Just telling you that nothing has changed in that division, and how this site will predictably turn on Holm the moment she starts showing dominance over it.

Holm
Rousey
Miesha
Everyone else.

I let this place put me in a "mood" while being here, but sherdog aint defining me in any way. Ronda acted like a little shit, that will never change - and neither will she. You could learn from her TS. Giggle..

I don't care one way or the other. Just telling you that nothing has changed in that division, and how this site will predictably turn on Holm the moment she starts showing dominance over it.

Holm
Rousey
Zingano
Miesha
Everyone else.
I can respect your opinion, I had to make a minor edit to the list though.

I would absolutely sympathize with Don, I fully understand your point & agree with it. What I was specifically pointing out in the post was the fact that he said he'd root for Ronda, who he dislikes, against Holly/Miesha, whom he admittedly likes much more, because of people on a forum, who would never change whether Ronda won or not, as they already absolutely despise her. In fact, if Ronda won, I have a feeling things would get worse. Sympathizing is sympathizing, empathy is empathy, but this seems like something else to me.
It's perfectly normal to begin actively rooting for someone you sympathize with to succeed.

Sympathy can change your opinions of people, and for some it may be enough to make them side with Ronda over Tate/Holm.

Also, the hate got a lot worse when Ronda lost. People like those on Sherdog tend to attack when you're vulnerable. Ronda winning would probably quiet a lot of this down.

"She ain't afraid to die anymore... she done it already."

hi-res-3dd1175540a31ce3e10690eee771e579_crop_north.jpg

I think it's society's way of telling mean people that they suck.

You can't be a mean person and dish it out and then cry because you can't take it when it comes back on you. I don't believe in karma, but I do believe we have the ability to make people pay for their actions. Pedophiles get destroyed when they are outed, murderer get, well, murdered or at least have their lives stripped away when caught. It's deserved.

And no, please don't come back and say "YOU ARE COMPARING ROUSEY TO PEDOPHILES OMG". You reap what you sow. Ronda is a mean person with a shitty attitude, so she gets shit back for it on the same level as she has dished out to others on a very grand and public scale.

It's a GOOD thing, in my opinion. The amount of delusion and bitchery she has displayed has brought this on her. If she can't take some shitty and mean comments(most of it in good fun I think), maybe she should evaluate herself.

It's this type of backlash that should make people think about being decent human beings, because there is no laws that stop people from being assholes. Basically, we have to deliver our own justice.

There's much more to it than that. Ronda isn't any more or less mean than the Diaz bros. and while they're neither universally liked or disliked, they don't get ANY of the seething, raging, hair-pulling, teeth gnashing animosity that Ronda does. I've said this a hundred times and I'll say it again but hardcore MMA fans, ironically, tend to be a pretty beta group. I don't mean that physically, at least not necessarily. What I mean is that they tend to be kind of beta in the social/economic hierarchy. Maybe disgruntled losers would be a better term. With the Diaz boys these losers have a champion for their class. Ronda, on the other hand, really seems to cut these guys to the quick. For some reason, everything about her personality and what she represents appears to legitimately hurt these dudes feelings

"Leave Ronda Alone" threads are almost as annyoing as Ronda hate threads. If you don't like it, just don't read it. But stop complaining as well.

Back