You knuckleheads are turning me into a Ronda fan.

I've been sworn into the Hateful Idiot Club by King Hateful Idiot himself. Is there a jacket I get or something? I think I get how this club works after seeing how you operate. Call somebody stupid and then present no argument of your own. Wow, this is going to be easy. No wonder an idiot like you does it this way.
You are the one leveling the accusation. The burden of proof is on you. Idiot.

It happens a lot. People with access to handguns have blown their brains out in a fleeting moment of depression, or desperation, where there were no signs of suicidal tendencies before.

I get you not buying Ronda's particular story, but in doing so, you're making a lot of sweeping generalizations about the subject matter.

I'm talking from personal experience, not of myself, but of a person I've cared about in my past, and of somebody today. I've only talked about Ronda's tale of the subject in this thread, and I don't feel I've spoken in a broad sense, especially "a lot" as you're claiming. I'm only taking what she said and applying it to the experiences I've dealt with, and from what I've studied about it.

I could argue you're misinformed about people just up and killing themselves while showing no signs at all beforehand because there are always signs, but they can sometimes be easy to miss, or not taken very seriously and sadly ignored.

If Ronda was truly suicidal for one second, as ridiculous as that sounds, then that is awful, and she should get some help. But I don't find what she said to be sincere. That's really all I have left to say on the subject.

You are the one leveling the accusation. The burden of proof is on you. Idiot.

I've already shared my thoughts with you as to why I feel the way I do on the subject. All you've been able to do is dish out insults and not actually engage in the argument.

In fact, parallel to talking with you in this very same thread, I've been having the same discussion with HereticBD, and even though we don't see eye to eye, we're still able to have a civil debate about it. This is what grown ups do.

You on the other hand are just being a dumb asshole, and I'm not going to waste anymore time with you.

I could argue you're misinformed about people just up and killing themselves while showing no signs at all beforehand because there are always signs, but they can sometimes be easy to miss, or not taken very seriously and sadly ignored.

See, that's what I'm talking about. Another sweeping generalization that can't possibly be proven. You're telling me there were signs of suicidal tendencies in every suicide case ever in the history of time? Seriously?

You couldn't argue that I am misinformed on people killing themselves with no prior clues to their state of mind, because it happens all the time. A guy gets fired. BANG! Person gets dumped. BANG! Loved one dies. BANG! We miss these "signs" because sometimes they simply aren't present. Not every suicide is some long drawn out history of depression coming to a head. Sometimes, it's a person having a bad day, and it's a simple as that.

I've been sworn into the Hateful Idiot Club by King Hateful Idiot himself. Is there a jacket I get or something? I think I get how this club works after seeing how you operate. Call somebody stupid and then present no argument of your own. Wow, this is going to be easy. No wonder an idiot like you does it this way.
Crash stitches logged ou of his usual account after Ronda took a beating and is now hating on people using this very cleverly names 'totally not related' account.

Hmmm. genius

See, that's what I'm talking about. Another sweeping generalization that can't possibly be proven. You're telling me there were signs of suicidal tendencies in every suicide case ever in the history of time? Seriously?

You couldn't argue that I am misinformed on people killing themselves with no prior clues to their state of mind, because it happens all the time. A guy gets fired. BANG! Person gets dumped. BANG! Loved one dies. BANG! We miss these "signs" because sometimes they simply aren't present. Not every suicide is some long drawn out history of depression coming to a head. Sometimes, it's a person having a bad day, and it's a simple as that.

You criticize me with using "sweeping generalizations", but then you respond with a post like this. Good lord. You ever hear the term practice what you preach?

I'm going to stick with the knowledge that I know about the subject over what some random guy on the internet thinks he knows on the subject. You're having a hard time believing that Ronda was being disingenuous, but you're perfectly fine with believing that people go around killing themselves on whims because they had a bad day that day. And you're trying to say I'm ridiculous? Yeah, that person may have had a bad day that day, but it was preceded by another bad day, and then another, and another, and another, and another, etc. Believe it or not, they showed signs, which apparently you don't believe. Sadness isn't the only sign. It can be bad temperament, huge change of diet, loss of sleep, reckless behavior, drug abuse, just to name a few. Some of these signs are easy to miss, while others aren't quick to be connected with suicidal behavior because other people aren't aware of them being connected. Therefor, they are unaware that their friend or loved one was exhibiting suicidal tendencies.

But we're getting off topic now because we've moved into a discussion about suicide alone, and this all started over Ronda Rousey's comments on a talk show. Now, with everything we've discussed, and everything that has been laid out for you, do you still truly believe that Rousey was being sincere when she said she was suicidal for one second only to be snapped out of it from the sight of her boyfriend? There's many people who have committed suicide that were still married and had kids while living with them in the same house, yet their presence didn't snap them out of it. Had Rousey said, "I was feeling really down after the loss, but then see Travis really cheered me up," or something to that effect, then all would be fine. But she just had to throw in the suicide word to make it more dramatic, even though her story sounds nothing like what real people with suicidal problems deal with. She's somebody who was going through backlash for the last few months over the way she conducted herself before and after a humiliating loss, so she goes on a talk show and tells a bullshit suicide story in hopes of easing said backlash. As somebody who has dealt with people struggling with suicide, it pisses me off seeing somebody use suicide as a convenient PR move.

And this isn't just me being a person hating on Rousey just because it's Rousey. In fact, in my first post in this thread I come to her defense (as I have in other threads) when people make fun of her weight. But now I'm wondering if I've been arguing with a person who is going to defend Rousey to the death just because it's Rousey. If that's the case, we're never going to see eye to eye, and I don't care to drag this out any further. Regardless of that, I don't really want to drag this out any further. I feel we're reaching the point where we're just going to keep repeating ourselves without actually convincing the other, and I don't really care to do that.

You didn't understand anything I wrote, you just made assumptions that fit your narrative.
the reason this is beyond your comprehension is simple - you are unaware of why you feel the way you do, and im helping you figure it out - the reason you are upset is no one likes when their feelings are so easily predictable or manipulated - you believe you are insightful, unique and creative - so i get why you are upset, and emphatize w you

You criticize me with using "sweeping generalizations", but then you respond with a post like this. Good lord. You ever hear the term practice what you preach?

I'm going to stick with the knowledge that I know about the subject over what some random guy on the internet thinks he knows on the subject. You're having a hard time believing that Ronda was being disingenuous, but you're perfectly fine with believing that people go around killing themselves on whims because they had a bad day that day. And you're trying to say I'm ridiculous? Yeah, that person may have had a bad day that day, but it was preceded by another bad day, and then another, and another, and another, and another, etc. Believe it or not, they showed signs, which apparently you don't believe. Sadness isn't the only sign. It can be bad temperament, huge change of diet, loss of sleep, reckless behavior, drug abuse, just to name a few. Some of these signs are easy to miss, while others aren't quick to be connected with suicidal behavior because other people aren't aware of them being connected. Therefor, they are unaware that their friend or loved one was exhibiting suicidal tendencies.

But we're getting off topic now because we've moved into a discussion about suicide alone, and this all started over Ronda Rousey's comments on a talk show. Now, with everything we've discussed, and everything that has been laid out for you, do you still truly believe that Rousey was being sincere when she said she was suicidal for one second only to be snapped out of it from the sight of her boyfriend? There's many people who have committed suicide that were still married and had kids while living with them in the same house, yet their presence didn't snap them out of it. Had Rousey said, "I was feeling really down after the loss, but then see Travis really cheered me up," or something to that effect, then all would be fine. But she just had to throw in the suicide word to make it more dramatic, even though her story sounds nothing like what real people with suicidal problems deal with. She's somebody who was going through backlash for the last few months over the way she conducted herself before and after a humiliating loss, so she goes on a talk show and tells a bullshit suicide story in hopes of easing said backlash. As somebody who has dealt with people struggling with suicide, it pisses me off seeing somebody use suicide as a convenient PR move.

And this isn't just me being a person hating on Rousey just because it's Rousey. In fact, in my first post in this thread I come to her defense (as I have in other threads) when people make fun of her weight. But now I'm wondering if I've been arguing with a person who is going to defend Rousey to the death just because it's Rousey. If that's the case, we're never going to see eye to eye, and I don't care to drag this out any further. Regardless of that, I don't really want to drag this out any further. I feel we're reaching the point where we're just going to keep repeating ourselves without actually convincing the other, and I don't really care to do that.

Cool story, bro. I'll be sure to keep a mental note the "the muntjac" on Sherdog is the absolute authority on suicide, because he's "dealt with people".

I think we're done here.

From the very first time I heard Ronda interviewed, I disliked her. I have actively rooted against her in every fight she's had in the UFC (and the last few before) and I practically jumped up and danced the happy dance when Holly knocked her out. It was an intensely satisfying moment.

But holy crap you guys, let it go. Every single detail about her life now is the subject of intense criticism in this forum. Every picture posted is mocked, every syllable dissected in the most negative way possible. Everything she has accomplished meant nothing, and now that she's been "solved" people are saying she should retire. People are saying she has no chance in a rematch against Holly, and that is utter lunacy.

I understand the hate. She asked for it. The UFC hype made it inevitable. Her embracing the hype locked it in and magnified it.

But FFS, how long can it go on? Drowning this forum in anti-Ronda threads only strengthens her brand. I rarely come here these days because it feels like a bunch of tweens in the bathroom bitching about an unpopular girl.

This tsunami of hate has done the impossible, it's made me sympathize with Ronda. She's human, she got beat bad, she's going to come back, and for the first time ever, I'm going to root for her, despite the fact I much prefer Holly and Meisha (especially Holly).

This is the first time I think I have ever allowed what others think make a radical change to who I root for in a fight. This is one of the reasons she's one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC. Love her or hate her, you can't resist talking about her.

Eat a fucking dick you whiny little bitch.

Cool story, bro. I'll be sure to keep a mental note the "the muntjac" on Sherdog is the absolute authority on suicide, because he's "dealt with people".

I think we're done here.

Whether or not you accept my personal experiences with the subject as truth is really no concern of mine. I don't need to be validated by some faceless stranger with a fake name.

I don't claim to be the authority on the subject, only that I show more knowledge on it than you do.

You're right. We are done here.

I don't claim to be the authority on the subject, only that I show more knowledge on it than you do.

LOL, based on what? Your oh' so solid, and irrefutable claims of having "dealt with people". Okay. Even if you have, it doesn't make you more knowledgeable on the subject as a whole. It makes you more knowledgeable on the individual cases you've personally experienced. Applying your very limited experience to make blanket statements about the subject as a whole, is just plain asinine.

Now we're done.

Last edited:
LOL, based on what? Your oh' so solid, and irrefutable claims of having "dealt with people". Okay. Even if you have, it doesn't make you more knowledgeable on the subject as a whole. It makes you more knowledgeable on the individual cases you've personally experienced. Applying your very limited experience to make blanket statements about the subject as a whole, is just plain asinine.

Now we're done.

Says the guy who made blanket statements about people offing themselves on whims. I hope you don't have a single solitary bad day today or BANG.

Says the guy who made blanket statements about people offing themselves on whims. I hope you don't have a single solitary bad day today or BANG.

It's a fact. It's far more viable than thinking every single suicide has a multitude of "triggers" that add up over time. See, you're not so much talking about suicide, as you are Bi-polar disorder and relating it to every suicide to ever take place.

Guy gets caught robbing a bank, and doesn't want to do time. BANG! Cartel member can't pay up to the boss, and doesn't want to die horribly. BANG! Guy hits a kid with his car, and can't live with himself. BANG! Guy thinks he'll go to heaven and meet God. BOOM!

I can do this all day.

It's a fact. It's far more viable than thinking every single suicide has a multitude of "triggers" that add up over time. See, you're not so much talking about suicide, as you are Bi-polar disorder and relating it to every suicide to ever take place.

Guy gets caught robbing a bank, and doesn't want to do time. BANG! Cartel member can't pay up to the boss, and doesn't want to die horribly. BANG! Guy hits a kid with his car, and can't live with himself. BANG! Guy thinks he'll go to heaven and meet God. BOOM!

I can do this all day.

Right, because all of those situations are in the same context with what Ronda was claiming to be dealing with. See, you're drifting away from the original discussion again. You're resorting to pointing towards extreme circumstances because you're desperate.

You can do this all day, but it's not going to help you.

Right, because all of those situations are in the same context with what Ronda was claiming to be dealing with. See, you're drifting away from the original discussion again. You're resorting to pointing towards extreme circumstances because you're desperate.

You can do this all day, but it's not going to help you.

We veered away from Ronda a long time ago. I already told you I can accept your personal feelings towards her. What I can't accept is you making stupid statements like "People in Ronda's position never contemplate suicide". Because I guess that in your world rich and successful people have never killed themselves over one bad decision, or event. In fact, nobody has apparently. There are always "signs". In every single suicide ever in the history of time, there were always "signs". ALWAYS!!!

What's truly ironic though, is that Ronda has actually displayed some of those "signs" you're so hellbent on.

We veered away from Ronda a long time ago. I already told you I can accept your personal feelings towards her. What I can't accept is you making stupid statements like "People in Ronda's position never contemplate suicide". Because I guess that in your world rich and successful people have never killed themselves over one bad decision, or event. In fact, nobody has apparently. There are always "signs". In every single suicide ever in the history of time, there were always "signs". ALWAYS!!!

What's truly ironic though, is that Ronda has actually displayed some of those "signs" you're so hellbent on.

All the points I made on suicide are made within the context of Ronda's situation, which should be evident. You're the one bringing in stupid high-stakes scenarios about bank robbers and other non-relatable circumstances and thinking you're making a point. Ronda's life wasn't on the line at the hands of some cartel boss if she loss, or she wasn't going to be thrown in jail for a long period of time for losing. She wasn't in an extreme, high-stress situation where her taking a fight with Holly Holm could yield to her being murdered or being imprisoned. Seriously, stop saying dumb stuff.

To your other point, according to Ronda's story of spending time in the woods and being all bummed out, then yes, those could be potential signs. However, she didn't mention that time as the time she had suicidal thoughts in her Ellen interview, so I'm only going based off of Ronda's words alone. Also, if the sight of Browne is what snapped her out of her second-long dilemma in the medical room immediately after the fight, then she wasn't in danger of being suicidal during her trip in the woods and so forth because Browne was with her the whole time. I'm only basing this off of Ronda's reasoning.

You see, I'm staying within context. Something you're having trouble with.

All the points I made on suicide are made within the context of Ronda's situation, which should be evident. You're the one bringing in stupid high-stakes scenarios about bank robbers and other non-relatable circumstances and thinking you're making a point. Ronda's life wasn't on the line at the hands of some cartel boss if she loss, or she wasn't going to be thrown in jail for a long period of time for losing. She wasn't in an extreme, high-stress situation where her taking a fight with Holly Holm could yield to her being murdered or being imprisoned. Seriously, stop saying dumb stuff.

Not a high stress situation? Are you fucking kidding me? People have off'd themselves under way less extreme scenarios than getting humiliated(perceived or not), in front of literally millions of people. A lot of which who were rooting for you to fail. So yes, within "the context" of Rousey's situation, it's very believable that for even a fleeting moment afterwords, she felt like a complete worthless sack of shit and didn't want to face reality. Not saying you have to believe it, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Oh' and bull-fucking-shit everything you've said about suicide was only within the context of Rousey's situation. You're just back-pedaling from the simplistic generalizations you've made, based on your vast, vast knowledge of the subject through "knowing some folks", because I've proven them to be completely absurd.

Not a high stress situation? Are you fucking kidding me? People have off'd themselves under way less extreme scenarios than getting humiliated(perceived or not), in front of literally millions of people. A lot of which who were rooting for you to fail. So yes, within "the context" of Rousey's situation, it's very believable that for even a fleeting moment afterwords, she felt like a complete worthless sack of shit and didn't want to face reality. Not saying you have to believe it, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Oh' and bull-fucking-shit everything you've said about suicide was only within the context of Rousey's situation. You're just back-pedaling from the simplistic generalizations you've made, based on your vast, vast knowledge of the subject through "knowing some folks", because I've proven them to be completely absurd.

No, you're the one who made the foolish claim that people kill themselves on a whim because they have one single lousy day, but then you escalated it to dumb unrelated crap about bank robbers and cartel bosses after I shot your point down, only to embarrass yourself further.

And are you seriously comparing Ronda's situation of losing a sporting event to the scenarios you painted about criminals facing long prison terms or death from their superiors? Yeah, those high-stress situations are comparable. Yikes.

Oh, and that bolded part in your post, that's a blanket statement. You base that statement on absolutely nothing except for your own assertion.

Just admit you made some boneheaded comments because you got too emotionally invested in this argument and you weren't thinking clearly.

Or not, I don't really care. The more I argue with you, the more this discussion keeps getting off topic.

No, you're the one who made the foolish claim that people kill themselves on a whim because they have one single lousy day

Because it's true. I've already given you plenty of examples of a "bad day". Are you denying those scenarios exist?

And are you seriously comparing Ronda's situation of losing a sporting event to the scenarios you painted about criminals facing long prison terms or death from their superiors? Yeah, those high-stress situations are comparable. Yikes.

No, I wasn't directly comparing them, and if you think I was, then there no point in continuing this debate, because you're clearly incapable of comprehending what you read.

Good day, Sir.

Back