You know what really grinds my gears

People who don't turn right on a red light when they can. They decide to just wait for green

- blurry version, that can't be taken down youtube.

Laziness, favoritism and discrimination really grind my gears in the workplace.

Actually, and I'm being 100% dead serious, I found out today my heart is enlarged and I have two spots on it that they currently are calling "calcification." I have to go to a cardiologist and get a bunch of tests done, and potentially may have to have heart surgery. Or those spots could end up being something else, like heart disease. I'm 30 years old.

Funny thing is, I'm not all that fucked up about it. Shit happens. Just been going about my business today since I found out.

Wow... really man? Thats rough. Hopefully it won't require surgery and is reversible. Did they give any type of prognosis? Would say that going about your business is better until you know something more.

Actually, and I'm being 100% dead serious, I found out today my heart is enlarged and I have two spots on it that they currently are calling "calcification." I have to go to a cardiologist and get a bunch of tests done, and potentially may have to have heart surgery. Or those spots could end up being something else, like heart disease. I'm 30 years old.

Funny thing is, I'm not all that fucked up about it. Shit happens. Just been going about my business today since I found out.

Sorry to hear that man. Howd you come to find out about that (if you don't mind sharing)?

I ask because few weeks back I had a CT scan on my chest per doctors orders. My bp was reading 116/74 on my left side and 130/100 on the right, Dr said a discrepancy like that COULD be indicative of some sort of obstruction. CT scan came back normal so hopefully it'll just "normalise "on its own ( according to Dr ). I'm only a couple years older than you, Its definitely not something you really give much thought to at our age.

Anyways, good luck man.

Last edited by a moderator:
When people try to act impervious to weather based on where they're from. "Oh I'm not that cold, I'm from Pittsburgh." Motherfucker 25 degrees is 25 degrees you are not some super human who can't feel cold just because you have lived in it more.

You're a strong person, which is why this isn't bothering you. Around the mountain or over it doesn't matter, you'll put it in your rearview regardless.

Great attitude, though I know it's because of your character. See you on the other side of the mountain.

People parking in a handicap spot with a hang tag and then walking with no problem into the store...usually involves obesity and sweatpants.

People with 20+ items in the 15 items or less lane.

Wow... really man? Thats rough. Hopefully it won't require surgery and is reversible. Did they give any type of prognosis? Would say that going about your business is better until you know something more.

Sorry to hear that man. Howd you come to find out about that (if you don't mind sharing)?

I ask because few weeks back I had a CT scan on my chest per doctors orders. My bp was reading 116/74 on my left side and 130/100 on the right, Dr said a discrepancy like that COULD be indicative of some sort of obstruction. CT scan came back normal so hopefully it'll just "normalise "on its own ( according to Dr ). I'm only a couple years older than you, Its definitely not something you really give much thought to at our age.

You're a strong person, which is why this isn't bothering you. Around the mountain or over it doesn't matter, you'll put it in your rearview regardless.

Great attitude, though I know it's because of your character. See you on the other side of the mountain.

Chiropractor caught it, actually. I've been in a whole bunch of car wrecks, have a lot of back pain. He was x-raying my spine, used a couple different angles, and when he was going over everything with me he said that I indeed have spinal issues, but those weren't as concerning as what my heart looked like. From the side view you could see my heart on both side of my spine, which he said usually, the way a normal heart is situated, you'd only see it on your back side, not really in the front. You could clearly see it in the front, as well as two really bright spots on either side. My blood pressure has been as high as 190/130 before, there's my answer as to why. I'm 30, 5'9", 155. I shouldn't have blood pressure that high at all. So now I have to go to a cardiologist and see exactly what is what.

jmac: I always appreciate your kind words. You are a blessing to have around this place. Even I'm a huge dick sometimes. You're always positive, and word everything so eloquently. Thank you.

Motherfuckers that leave shopping carts in the parking spot

Kind words my friend, thank you greatly.

You may or may not recall, I had spinal surgery last April myself. Had to learn to walk all over again, learn to lift my legs high enough to do stairs, and stared at my ceiling for 3 months bedridden with electronic leg pads squeezing my legs 24/7 to prevent clotting. I also have a card in my wallet with all the info from the surgery as well as the serial #'s of all the discs and titanium rods etc inside. I set off the higher sensitivity security alarms like those at airports, and compounding the problem is the 10" incision to get to my back is through my stomach, so it's pretty crazy and throws people off.

Tonight I went to Muay Thai.
No big deal.

You got this boss.

Have a great night. Wife is home now so am logging off.

Kind words my friend, thank you greatly.

You may or may not recall, I had spinal surgery last April myself. Had to learn to walk all over again, learn to lift my legs high enough to do stairs, and stared at my ceiling for 3 months bedridden with electronic leg pads squeezing my legs 24/7 to prevent clotting. I also have a card in my wallet with all the info from the surgery as well as the serial #'s of all the discs and titanium rods etc inside. I set off the higher sensitivity security alarms like those at airports, and compounding the problem is the 10" incision to get to my back is through my stomach, so it's pretty crazy and throws people off.

Tonight I went to Muay Thai.
No big deal.

You got this boss.

Have a great night. Wife is home now so am logging off.

I wasn't around at the time to know about this. I'm certainly glad that you've persevered through it and have the quality of life you want and deserve. It is inspiring.

I don't know for certain what is to come my way, but I know that hard times are ahead. Hard times are behind me as well though, this will be too, someday.

Take care, sir.

You hate people who refuse to walk on escalators? You would hate me then because i never do, i make space for people to pass by tho

the ending of gone girl. bad drivers. and last but certainly not least. liberal pc bullshit.

When people try to act impervious to weather based on where they're from. "Oh I'm not that cold, I'm from Pittsburgh." Motherfucker 25 degrees is 25 degrees you are not some super human who can't feel cold just because you have lived in it more.

Eh, guilty. My heater core in my Jeep went out a few years ago. Couldn't be bothered to fix it, and after four months of driving to work without heat in single digit and negative temperatures, I just stopped noticing the cold.

To this day, I don't use heat in the winter. It takes all of the first block past home to stop noticing the temperature.

Back