You know what bellator needs... A contender series

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If they really wanna copy the ufc model they really should do a contender series. The very top of bellator divisions except hw is equally as good as the ufc for the most part in my opinion, but the lack of depth of the divisions for the second biggest mma promotion in the world is insane.
There are at least three guys that dana didn't give up contracts in this season that would be great for bellator, it really is a good way to get good level talent in the organization, bellator putting on 1-0 fighters on the biggest cards is a testament to how shallow are the overall divisions.

Bellator needs yellow cards for shitty performances, alot of fighters think they can go there and cash an easy paycheck. Lots of fucking awful fights and groin shot DQ ect recently.

Also i want to see the Legends fights return.

Dana already said that other organizations should watch his contender series to find talent lol. Bellator contracts for the losers

If they really wanna copy the ufc model they really should do a contender series. The very top of bellator divisions except hw is equally as good as the ufc for the most part in my opinion, but the lack of depth of the divisions for the second biggest mma promotion in the world is insane.
There are at least three guys that dana didn't give up contracts in this season that would be great for bellator, it really is a good way to get good level talent in the organization, bellator putting on 1-0 fighters on the biggest cards is a testament to how shallow are the overall divisions.

Scott had a contenders series before the UFC...

MV5BNjY3YTU4ZDMtMmE0Mi00MzBlLTk4MjgtODFmOTI0MDZlNTM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU5MjczMzE@._V1_.jpg

And of course before that.. there was this for EliteXC.

81UUg5UmnJS._SY679_.jpg

Last edited:
Dana already said that other organizations should watch his contender series to find talent lol. Bellator contracts for the losers

tbf they've signed several fighters from there. They got Julius Anglickas, Austin Vanderford, Sidney Outlaw, Danny Sabatello, Ceejay Hamilton, Nick Newell, Shawn Teed, Taylor Johnson, Anthony Adams, Jason Jackson, Justin Gonzales, Toby Misech and Dayana Silva from there.

TS,

Bellator has cleaned up their prelims, somewhat, but as recently as 10 months ago they were putting on fights between 25 year old D1 wrestlers training at ATT and men in their forties signed off the street.

They pay those preliminary fighters as little as $250 according to disclosed purses.

What is there to contend for?

Fighting on Youtube for $250 and a concussion?

Every one of their prelim cards are practically a contender series. And they suck most of the time tbh.

The fighters aren’t typically as qualified as the guys they’ve been pulling on the contender series.
That’s true. We saw an amateur fight on the last Bellator undercard FFS. Like a literal amateur fight. Bellator’s prelims are full of total noobs and scrubs, it’s a real problem.

That’s true. We saw an amateur fight on the last Bellator undercard FFS. Like a literal amateur fight. Bellator’s prelims are full of total noobs and scrubs, it’s a real problem.
Where as I watched a guy on the contender series who had been a long time contender in bellator, and another guy who was 19-2 with a title from a minor org. This was on one episode.

I watch Bellator Prelims just to see fights of the relatives of MMA fighters I know about.

Where as I watched a guy on the contender series who had been a long time contender in bellator, and another guy who was 19-2 with a title from a minor org. This was on one episode.
Yeah exactly. And if there are fans like me out there that don’t give a shit about the Contender Series, there’s probably even more fans who don’t give a shit about Bellator’s prelims. I wonder how competitive Bellator is in going after some of the talent that ends up on DWCS?

They already do. It’s called the ufc.

Yeah let them copy the UFC so you guys can cry and complain that they’re a UFC lite like you usually do. Bellator doesn’t waste time with a contender series. They give guys fights on the prelims and if they like them then they sign them. Contender series is a bullshit way to control fighters to have them stand and bang. It’s nullifies everything about mma other than throwing bombs.

Yeah let them copy the UFC so you guys can cry and complain that they’re a UFC lite like you usually do. Bellator doesn’t waste time with a contender series. They give guys fights on the prelims and if they like them then they sign them. Contender series is a bullshit way to control fighters to have them stand and bang. It’s nullifies everything about mma other than throwing bombs.

You literally don't watch DWCS then. Grapple heavy decisions have been par for the course this season and they've been handing them out contracts left, right and centre.

Nah, they tend to prioritise going for a finish, but they don't seem to care how you do it.

Just checked and 18 of the last 20 sub finishes got contracts, so this definitely doesn't check out.

They don't need a contender series but what they need is to bring back the challenger series. People don't understand that the Bellator prelims are for up and coming talent and just look at the records, compare them to the UFC and make threads like this one. It's a market education issue.

Back