You have to introduce MMA to the world, which fighters whould you choose to represent the sport ?

Ronda for striking
Sage for grappling
Barberena for flips

Wow you ppl suck, at least link the cool gif
l41lHtOfrfjXQDcoo.gif

Holy shit i just noticed, was this "Stitches" (the cuttman) last UFC b4 they canned him for his anti-reebok tweet?

While we're at it, let's not forget the death stares that Robbie gives
Robbie%2BLawler%2BStares%2BDown%2BJohny%2BHendricks%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

I'm not breaking it down like that. MMA is mixed martial arts, not striker, sub etc. going with great fighters that can be ambassadors of the sport based on skills, how they live and ability to communicate.

Cruz
McGregor
Condit

If we talking like achprototypes one dimensional lol

Kicks Cruickshank/wonderboy
Punches Johnny hendricks
Knees overeem
Elbows Jon jones

If we talking like who matters, that they watch the fightografy on figthpass then
Randy cotoure
GSP
Ronda and Holm

Saku Fedor Rickson Igor Andy GSP Wanderlei Rampage Gomi BJ Jones Conor Werdum

Lyoto Machida
Genki Sudo
Rich Franklin

But in all reality
Roger Gracie/Jacare
Georges St. Pierre
Melvin Manhoef

GSP and Tank Abbott, fuck the third one

You need to watch a Machida HL vid, Bud!

I hear you, though I've seen all his footage from his UFC start, and rooted against the nutty bastard every time. Effective karate footwork? Absolutely. Some effective placement in his striking? Sure. Fight of The Night honors? A few. Doesn't mean I like his fighting style in the slightest. He'll teach all your gym Ams to embarrass themselves trying to peckingly pitter patter people to death and "Deep Waters" circle-jerk about.

No beginner should ever learn "single strike" hippie shiite when they could be learning combinations. I just don't see how his success with it would translate to Ams.

Casuals don't GIVE A SHIT about all this technique. Pearls before swine.

I'd show them Gabi Garcia in her "swole" days and hope they ran away in fear, so I can keep enjoying this sport with the small group of elite, rich, well-hung Sherdoggers I always have. No more filthy casuals.

Sexyama for the ladies... and males. #yeshomo

My picks are guys who I feel are top of their level skill wise, have a high fight IQ, but could also explain and properly educate those who they were to introduce MMA to..

Striking:
Boxing - Dom Cruz
Kickboxing - Wonderboy

Submission:
Jiu-Jitsu - Ryan Hall
Judo - Rick Hawn

Wrestling:
TD/TDD - DC
Top Control - GSP

I wasn't thinking about it in terms of specific skills but the first, best step imo is to get people emotionally invested and show the diverse skills required. That said:

Old School Nog for his dramatic come from behind submissions.

Old school Wand for his aggression.

Mighty Mouse for his overall skill set and ability to transition from striking to grappling.

Striking - Anderson Silva
Wrestling - Daniel Cormier
BJJ - Fabricio Werdum

Striking: Wonderboy
Submissions: Maia
Wrestling: Cormier

Striking- Shogun,W.Silva, Cro-Cop back in PRIDE
Liddell, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Lawler/Condit,JDS in the UFC

Wrestling- Hughes,GSP, Rory/Cain/Lesnar

Submissions- Big Nog ,Sakuraba, Fedor in Pride Werdum (mix of both),Mir, Maia, Lauzon, Diaz bros. in the UFC

Biggest Power punchers- Carwin, Hunt, Daley, Hendricks/Ellenberger.

Best Chins- Hunt, Shogun, Hendo, Diaz bros, Condit.

Most Versatile fighters- GSP, Aldo, Edgar, Poirier, Weidman, Hendo, Mcgregor.

Back