"You have stolen from so many of us fighters" -Mark Hunt unloads on Dana White after major court win

Not saying that's not an issue here with other fighters. And I mean no disrespect for this but his UFC career was a charity case. The man was on a 5 fight losing streak that lasted for 3 years. Two of those defeats were against a 70 and 85 lb fighters. Not to mention that inducing streak became a six-fight one because he lost his UFC debut. The man had incredible career comeback no doubt about it. But in that time he had many opportunities to part ways with the ufc.
One FC at the time and Bellator would have definitely welcomed him. He probably could have gotten the compete in Japan as well. Honestly I think it's extremely hypocritical he's been making such a big deal out of steroids the man competed for years and years in a sport that had zero drug testing in kickboxing. Not to mention his entire MMA career outside the UFC. He's not somebody like George St-Pierre who actively pushed for better drug testing in the sport.

he's right obviously that Dana and the UFC have taken tons of money over the years from all the fighters. the thing is, you can't have someone who is crazy leading the charge. regular people are going to be shocked and horrified at the way Mark Hunt expresses his anger and that will make them dismiss whatever else he might be saying because he sounds like a crazed lunatic.

Hunt may end up winning and it may be justified idk, but their reversal likely have more to do with Dana himself than the facts around ufc 200
As for Hunt, if he'd won there wouldn't be a lawsuit
His posts make a good argument for improving UFC concussion protocol

Not saying that's not an issue here with other fighters. And I mean no disrespect for this but his UFC career was a charity case. The man was on a 5 fight losing streak that lasted for 3 years. Two of those defeats were against a 70 and 85 lb fighters. Not to mention that inducing streak became a six-fight one because he lost his UFC debut. The man had incredible career comeback no doubt about it. But in that time he had many opportunities to part ways with the ufc.
One FC at the time and Bellator would have definitely welcomed him. He probably could have gotten the compete in Japan as well. Honestly I think it's extremely hypocritical he's been making such a big deal out of steroids the man competed for years and years in a sport that had zero drug testing in kickboxing. Not to mention his entire MMA career outside the UFC. He's not somebody like George St-Pierre who actively pushed for better drug testing in the sport.

For many years Hunt has been calling people out for cheating, GSP didn't take it this far. I think it had something to do with so many of his UFC opponents being caught on PED's... Werdum, Bigfoot, Mir, Lesnar et al, plus Reem of course (but not related to his fight).

The Bigfoot & Lesnar fights must have taken years off his life.

Seriously, if it was a clean sport then there's a case for saying Hunt would have been the HW champion

Also posted a video telling Dana to watch out because he was gonna gauge his eyeballs out with a rusty fork.

Idiot.

For many years Hunt has been calling people out for cheating, GSP didn't take it this far. I think it had something to do with so many of his UFC opponents being caught on PED's... Werdum, Bigfoot, Mir, Lesnar et al, plus Reem of course (but not related to his fight).

The Bigfoot & Lesnar fights must have taken years off his life.

Seriously, if it was a clean sport then there's a case for saying Hunt would have been the HW champion

GSP actually brought into the sport the voluntary anti-doping association for his fights. And Mark only started talking about people taking peds deep into his career. Heck he never said anything when he was fighting Josh Barnett and by that time he already had two failed drug tests. Heck if he cares so much he should be grateful he was competing in the UFC because none of those positive test results happened in any organization besides the UFC.

Don't get me wrong I think this plenty of issues with the UFC as an organization. Heck I think the drug testing is a problem because the athletes didn't have a say in it. But that's besides the point he was participating in a sport for a long time the drug testing was an IQ test. And that's still the case outside of the UFC. As for his entire kickboxing history I doubt he even had a medical exam pre fight let alone a drug test. Let's not pretend Mark isn't shooting for a money grab.

You can't in the UFC.
We're not talking about early UFC or Pride, we're talking about this particular instance where Brock and Hunt fought, when PEDs were illegal in the UFC.

My point about it being a sanctioned bout, is that there are rules. It isn't a street fight.
It does not matter what Hunt said before the fight, the rules are the rules. If your organization has a no PEDs rule, you can't give individual fighters a pass secretly to save your fight card. Hunt's words are completely irrelevant to that point.
What he said or did in Pride or K-1 is also completely irrelevant.
The only thing that matters is what the rules were in the UFC at the time that he was fighting Brock

If UFC were required to have USADA drug testing and ban PEDs and if that responsibility for ensuring USADA did its job was the UFC's responsibility, then perhaps. But that's not the case. The rules governing PEDs are the responsibility of the athletic commission. If Hunt has an issue, he should take it up with the commission.

If UFC were required to have USADA drug testing and ban PEDs and if that responsibility for ensuring USADA did its job was the UFC's responsibility, then perhaps. But that's not the case. The rules governing PEDs are the responsibility of the athletic commission. If Hunt has an issue, he should take it up with the commission.

Them not being "required" by some outside entity to do something is irrelevant.
They have a set of rules in place. You can't disregard those rules because of other factors, or because other organizations don't set the same requirements for themselves.

I don't really care who is ultimately, or mostly held responsible. Whether it's USADA or the UFC, if a fighter was allowed to compete while on PEDS then it's a clear violation of the rules.

I don't see how the UFC would be totally clean in that when Hunt has a contract with the UFC. They knowingly added extra risk to his safety by allowing another fighter on PEDs to compete against him. That's not just about who is responsible for doing drug tests, the company also has an obligation to the fighter's safety.

Why does any of this matter?
MMA is still a relatively new sport with evolving rules. How could he enforce or push for change in Japanese promotions?
I don't understand why people don't see the clear difference here.
If I sign up for a fight where I know I could fight a guy on PEDs, then I assume the risks when I sign that contract.
Why would I be held to that same standard 10 years later when I fight for an entirely different organization that strictly forbids PEDs?
That doesn't make any sense.
K-1 and Pride was all about Freakshow fights. The UFC was trying to make MMA into a legitimate sport, so obviously things like PEDs were more likely to be talked about in the organization that was trying to make this a sport.

His record is irrelevant, and in MMA especially, people don't really care about losses if you're an exciting fighter.

I agree he was rushed to the big fights especially getting a title right after beating Heath Herring but it doesn’t matter he won the fights he needed to become champion and defended the heavyweight title twice. Carwin was a legit win how come you say it’s not? Brock weathered the early storm not many fighters would’ve survived that onslaught from Carwin who was KO everyone at the time. Brock showed tons of heart to come back and win if anything that’s one of his best wins. If you believe both Jake Paul and Brock are the same well that’s not much else to say that’s beyond stupid and moronic it’s sad trolls still don’t think Brock wasn’t a fighter.

It’s weird how many people like to and worship Brock. Carwin lost when he fought someone with more than one young cardio. He’s body was shot in the Ufc and his power carried him. Impressed Brock weathered the storm but he got to that fight through his privilege . He was handed easy fights and favorable match ups and then the ufc decided to give him legit fights and he lost both and only beat 50/50 hunt because of steroids. Extremely easy to break down why the two are the same. Both come from entertainment and do not have to take the path of their sport everyone else does because of their celebrity status . Brock was bad for the sport he needed testing exemptions to compete, was gifted a path to the title his run was bs. Each fight I knew he would win because the other guy was either way older or smaller with average skill . Brock doesn’t deserve the respect because he didn’t compete on a fair playing field like Jake Paul.

Them not being "required" by some outside entity to do something is irrelevant.
They have a set of rules in place. You can't disregard those rules because of other factors, or because other organizations don't set the same requirements for themselves.

I don't really care who is ultimately, or mostly held responsible. Whether it's USADA or the UFC, if a fighter was allowed to compete while on PEDS then it's a clear violation of the rules.

I don't see how the UFC would be totally clean in that when Hunt has a contract with the UFC. They knowingly added extra risk to his safety by allowing another fighter on PEDs to compete against him. That's not just about who is responsible for doing drug tests, the company also has an obligation to the fighter's safety.

Hunt has to prove the UFC knew he was on PED's, or hid the reults.

JBJ was tested June 16th, and pulled from the fight July 6th

Brock was tested 12 days later June 28th and the fight was July 9th.

Seems reasonable to me they didn't get them back until after the fight.

He's going to need a smoking gun in order to prove they willfully help back his results, and the timelines do add up to a regular testing

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...k-hunt-unloads-dana-white-major-court-win-ufc

Cliffs: Hunt sued the UFC alleging that they knew Lesnar was on PEDs for their fight and lied about it. The district court dismissed all the claims, but the Ninth Circuit has now reversed and remanded to the district court to reconsider the claims under the correct legal standard.

Glad for Hunt, but he's no Oxford don in his post; sounds like he's threatening to stab Dana White in the eye with a "rusty fork"? Imo he really should stop posting this garbage on social media unless he can keep it non-crazy.

mark hunt knew he he said he knew it. still signed to fight him an made millions from it.

Dana White's claims of Brock being the most tested athlete in UFC will be chalked up to promotional hyperbole the same way Hunt's pre-fight talk of wanting to fight Brock even if he's roided will.

Hunt never had a case, all he's doing is digging an even bigger hole for himself. UFC loves nothing more than for these cases to get dragged out in court so they can bankrupt fighters to prove a point, and Hunt is playing right into their hands. This is going to go on for another couple of years and end up with Hunt in complete financial ruins. At that point, there's a good chance he'll go on a drug binge and resort to extreme measures to try to get back at the UFC. I can't WAIT to sit back and enjoy this clusterfuck unfold.
Except brock was the most tested for that fight. He had 8 usada tests. Pretty sure no one had more than 8….

Hunt has to prove the UFC knew he was on PED's, or hid the reults.

JBJ was tested June 16th, and pulled from the fight July 6th

Brock was tested 12 days later June 28th and the fight was July 9th.

Seems reasonable to me they didn't get them back until after the fight.

He's going to need a smoking gun in order to prove they willfully help back his results, and the timelines do add up to a regular testing

I don't disagree with this. He is going to have to prove what he is alleging.

My argument is mostly just against this idea that Hunt fighting in K-1 and Pride a decade ago, or him saying "I'll beat Brock even if he is on the juice", is not some kind of valid defense to dismiss the issue here.

On one hand, Hunt is a legend and should be compensated for being done dirty.

On the other hand it seems he’s still pissed for losing to a WWE wrestler and it’s getting embarrassing.

Either way this has gone for too long already.

I remember Hunt doing interviews before the Lesner fight saying he knew Brock was on the juice but he didn't care because he'd still be able to beat the shit out of him for an easy payday.
This is true, but Mark's not wrong either. Unfortunately (or Fortunately) these things are not mutually exclusive in the eyes of the law. If the UFC knew, then Mark has a case: They are violating their own rules and endangering non-enhanced fighters in a very dangerous, high injury sport. When this finally gets ruled on, he UFC is very exposed if Mark can prove they knew Brock was on the juice. Even if they can prove they didn't know but THEIR testing system failed, they will be exposed. Unfortunately for Mark, deep pockets usually win the case and Mark, most likely, doesn't have the deep pockets the UFC does.

I'm sure they did know, but Hunt did too and he still took the fight. Shady of the UFC for sure, but they wanted that Lesnar fan cash grab.

i support mark hunt 100% on this matter. Hope he keeps fighting the good fight, the UFC is corrupt

UFC didn't even want Hunt. They gave him a chance and he made a ton of money with them and got a lot of opportunities.

He never complained about roids in Pride or K1, then suddenly hes pissed that Brock might have been roiding? Please.

The guy just couldn't handle being washed up and at the end of his rope and became a pit of negativity. Lashing out at the hand that feeds him and his own fans. Understandable for a guy that has known nothing other than fighting all his life, but it's still pathetic to see.
OR...

The UFC had drug testing company come in and test fighters. If fighters failed tests, they were suspended and weren't able to fight.

Back